Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Pearl Masters Drummer

Quote Originally Posted by PDeGroff View Post
    Here are my 8" & 13" SSC toms
    Definitely looks different than the Masters layup thanks for sharing. You can see the Kapur is darker for sure.

2. psychic warfare

well that answers that ...

thanks pdegroff thats a lovely kit you got there..
    okay, so ...heres another question ...do you think, if you had drum that was say .........birch /mahogany , like the old yamahas... that it would have similar characteristics in sound ?? there an old Yamaha at my local shop and ,i gotta say , they sound pretty awesome . and i am NOT a yamaha fan ..lol ..i guess im wondering if the kapur core , would sound similar to the mahogony core ....

3. CHOPPER

I bet if you took an Session drum a Yamaha drum a Ludwig maple and a reference pure drum etc etc... headed them up nice and tuned them up correctly. There would not be a nickels with of difference... a good well built drum with high quality wood with nice edges will sound great. And you can change those depending on the vast head choices.

When you drop a drum putting it into the case!!

4. CHOPPER

I have a masterworks mahogany kit.. and probably the nicest kit I have ever owned. But my Ludwig classic sound real close with 2 ply heads. I loved my old 4 ply birch kits too. With rerings.

When you drop a drum putting it into the case!!

5. Registered User

My SSC's are awesome and sound wonderful. They are my first and only Pearl kit but I remain impressed with the sound and Pearl quality. I am a faithful Ludwig Classic Maple player, now have a Gretsch USA kit coming but can say that my SSC's are easily side by side with those with a sound truly unique. I would say the SSC's are the most balanced and best understated value out there!! Each kit has a unique use in my performance criteria.

6. Registered User

The SSC line of today is the Masters of days gone past. Right?

7. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by therocker View Post
    The SSC line of today is the Masters of days gone past. Right?
    See post #8.
    The sea was angry that day, my friends. Like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli.

Pearl Session Studio Classic 22/13/16 - Yamaha Stage Custom 18/12/14 - Pearl Power Piccolo Brass - Bosphorus - Roland TD-12

8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Furious Styles View Post
    See post #8.
    thanks Furious. I some how missed that. I know my SSC snare has the same hardware, throw off and butt plate as my older Master snare. I'll share pics!