Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Registered User

Default How about a Tommy Lee sig!

Dear Pearl

Is there a Tommy Lee signature series snare in the works?

If so...when? If not...why?

Thank you.

2. Drumming Since 1943

Good idea. I'd buy it. I'd like mine without herpes though, thanks very much.
    Way Too Much Crap

3. PDF 8a5h1ng T3am C4p

The JY warpath continues!

4. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Feenix View Post
    The JY warpath continues!
    Hey, I'm just sayin'.
    Way Too Much Crap

5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Hey, I'm just sayin'.
    Good idea.

Maybe some kind of Roller Coaster FF snare drum where you could spin different tiers of shell material around to get different tones. Or, maybe two different shell materials could fit together in a wavy pattern instead of just stacking two standard shaped shells.

MM
    Last edited by MusicMan; 01-20-2017 at 05:26 PM.
    2019 Masterworks / Matte Black

18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 8x10 TT, 5x13 SD

2017 Masterworks Cocktail Kit / ES Comet Sparkle

16x16 KD (verticle), 4x10 SD, 6x8 TT, 5x12 TT

6. Rogue Ex-Mod

Quote Originally Posted by therocker View Post
    Dear Pearl

Is there a Tommy Lee signature series snare in the works?

If so...when? If not...why?

Thank you.
    That's... a really good question. I hadn't thought of that but Tommy is easily one of the most famous drummers ever so it would make sense to give him his own signature Pearl drum.
    My One-Of-A-Kind Masters Premium BRP in #197: http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...d.php?t=216550

Pearl - Ludwig - Zildjian - Sabian - Remo - Evans - Vic Firth

7. Registered User

I know he's swapped drum companies a lot but now that he's with Pearl this could be just the thing to keep him around!

8. Registered User

At this point, it would appear disingenuous. When Crue was at their absolute peak, he bailed for DW and had this to say in the April 1994 MD-

You started out with Sonor, then you moved to Pearl, and now you play Drum Workshop. Why all the switching around?

TL: Without bashing the other drum companies, I just found some of the craftsmanship lacking. I got drums that were out of round; the heads wouldn't fit. And I'd notice it when I'd be tuning a drum for half an hour and not getting anywhere because the shell was messed up. It was all bogus, and I'm not into playing bogus drums. Who is, right? The guys from DW don't pay me any money. They give me the kits to play, and the kits are amazing! I went down to their warehouse and hand-picked the shells, timbre- matching them, listening to the tones and picking out note-for-note what my kit was going to sound like. I thought, This is the company I want to work with!' They're innovative and I appreciate that.

9. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bri6366 View Post
    At this point, it would appear disingenuous. When Crue was at their absolute peak, he bailed for DW and had this to say in the April 1994 MD- You started out with Sonor, then you moved to Pearl, and now you play Drum Workshop. Why all the switching around? TL: Without bashing the other drum companies, I just found some of the craftsmanship lacking. I got drums that were out of round; the heads wouldn't fit. And I'd notice it when I'd be tuning a drum for half an hour and not getting anywhere because the shell was messed up. It was all bogus, and I'm not into playing bogus drums. Who is, right? The guys from DW don't pay me any money. They give me the kits to play, and the kits are amazing! I went down to their warehouse and hand-picked the shells, timbre- matching them, listening to the tones and picking out note-for-note what my kit was going to sound like. I thought, This is the company I want to work with!' They're innovative and I appreciate that.
    But ultimately left DW. I personally was stoked when I seen him playing Pearl and Zildjian. I don't know why he changed his mind and his drum company but I do know this. If Pearl made a TL sig snare I would definitely buy one. Or a line. Metal and wood variations

10. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by therocker View Post
    But ultimately left DW. I personally was stoked when I seen him playing Pearl and Zildjian. I don't know why he changed his mind and his drum company but I do know this. If Pearl made a TL sig snare I would definitely buy one. Or a line. Metal and wood variations
    When you think of Tommy Lee and the Pearl sound, what comes to mind? The Girls, Girls, Girls album? He was playing Sonor for the first three albums and played DW on Dr. Feelgood, so what is the Pearl sound?

11. So shiny, so chrome.

So Sonor and Pearl were making bogus drums?

12. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bri6366 View Post
    When you think of Tommy Lee and the Pearl sound, what comes to mind? The Girls, Girls, Girls album? He was playing Sonor for the first three albums and played DW on Dr. Feelgood, so what is the Pearl sound?
    I don't know??? What is the signature sound of the Chad Smith snare? Is it supposed to sound like a certain album? Also I think I read where Tommy Lee said he used numerous snares to record his albums. I'm sure there where more than one manufacture in there.

Not being snarky here Bri. Just throwing question marks. . Cheers