Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. Drumoholic

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    786

    Default Throw-off Swap Question

    Does anybody know if the DW Mag Throw-off will be able to directly replace a Nickelworks throw-off? I want to replace the throw on my KCDC snare with a better one than the Nickelworks. Thanks guys!
    Church Drummers Army
    Pearl Reference in Scarlet Fade
    Tama Superstar in White Satin Haze
    Pearl - Tama - Zildjian - Vater

  2. Playing since 1976

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7,203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pearlreference7101 View Post
    Does anybody know if the DW Mag Throw-off will be able to directly replace a Nickelworks throw-off? I want to replace the throw on my KCDC snare with a better one than the Nickelworks. Thanks guys!
    I'm not sure about the DW Mag. I can tell you that you can replace a Nickelworks with a Trick or INDe throw off. I've done that. Another one to consider is the Dunnett R4 (pick the model that suits, bead or no bead).
    My website ===> CLICK HERE
    My eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    My facebook page ===> CLICK HERE
    My YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE


  3. Drumoholic

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    I'm not sure about the DW Mag. I can tell you that you can replace a Nickelworks with a Trick or INDe throw off. I've done that. Another one to consider is the Dunnett R4 (pick the model that suits, bead or no bead).
    Trick was another option I was considering, so that's good to know.
    Church Drummers Army
    Pearl Reference in Scarlet Fade
    Tama Superstar in White Satin Haze
    Pearl - Tama - Zildjian - Vater

  4. Playing since 1976

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7,203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pearlreference7101 View Post
    Trick was another option I was considering, so that's good to know.
    When you get a chance, let me know the vertical hole spacing, and I will confirm the throws I know will fit.
    My website ===> CLICK HERE
    My eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    My facebook page ===> CLICK HERE
    My YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE


  5. Kennedy Camden

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Jersey Shore & BKLYN
    Posts
    16,779

    Default

    According to Ronn Dunnett himself, Dunnett R4 will definitely work.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •