Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Drum builders unite!

Default Hey guys check out my covers and let me know what you think!

Check it out I run an alesis dm10 thru my saffire pro 40 at 1.2ms latency track live while recording and mix after I am an engineer and mix quite a bit so its comes easy I used get good drums among many others but check this cover out and let me know what you think!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK0A7DKWZmg

2. No Drum on Shabbas!!

Your playing is very solid. In fact it's got me wondering if they just have metalcore bands record all the drums on electric drums these days. All these albums have drums that sound overly produced to the point that they all sound triggered.

I'M NOT GOING TO SAY IT AGAIN!!! DO NOT CUT DOWN YOUR TOMS!!!

3. Registered User

Cause they ARE all triggered. And quantized.

4. Registered User

Pros: You have excellent chops. Your feet might just be faster than my hands. Freaking amazing!

Cons: The type of music you play isn't for everyone.

5. Reborn From Ashes

Came in expecting photos of some quilts and duvets.

Received slick metal drumming instead.

Pleasantly surprised.

6. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by Swampfox View Post
    Check it out I run an alesis dm10 thru my saffire pro 40 at 1.2ms latency track live while recording and mix after I am an engineer and mix quite a bit so its comes easy I used get good drums among many others but check this cover out and let me know what you think!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK0A7DKWZmg
    Great playing! I left a comment on your video page.

Quote Originally Posted by Big King View Post
    Your playing is very solid. In fact it's got me wondering if they just have metalcore bands record all the drums on electric drums these days. All these albums have drums that sound overly produced to the point that they all sound triggered.
    I don't know how accurate this is, but I read an old interview with Raymond Herrera (original drummer for Fear Factory), and he said that anyone playing consistently over 180bpm on kicks were likely triggering them. When you mentioned that everything sounded too perfect, I immediately thought of Fear Factory. From this video, you can see he triggering for sound and consistency... not because he can't play the part. I think his playing is powerful and accurate without the triggering, but I guess they were looking for a more controlled sound.

My website ===> CLICK HERE
    My eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    My facebook page ===> CLICK HERE
    My YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE

7. HA HA HA HA HA HAAAA

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Great playing! I left a comment on your video page.

I don't know how accurate this is, but I read an old interview with Raymond Herrera (original drummer for Fear Factory), and he said that anyone playing consistently over 180bpm on kicks were likely triggering them. When you mentioned that everything sounded too perfect, I immediately thought of Fear Factory. From this video, you can see he triggering for sound and consistency... not because he can't play the part. I think his playing is powerful and accurate without the triggering, but I guess they were looking for a more controlled sound.

RH is one of my favorites - thanks for posting that up. New Promise, I think?
    Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

| TAMA STARCLASSIC MAPLE | SABIAN & MEINL CYMBALS |

KCCO