Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Kennedy Camden

We use the term "Jumped the Shark" when TV shows started their decline. Let's do it for bands and the album that started their demise.

Someone will name a band and the album/song which they believe the band "Jumped the Shark".

The next post should be the person stating: Agree, they did but it was a different record/song (list it), or has not Jumped the Shark.

After they have answered the previous post, that person can name a band and the album/song which they believe the band "Jumped the Shark".

I will start with an easy one: Metallica - Black Album Agree, they did but it was a different record/song (list it), or has not JTS?
    Last edited by dale w miller; 12-29-2016 at 04:26 AM.

2. Registered User

Agree - Metallica's decline started with the black album. But it has some really good songs. I always liked Where Ever I May Roam

I believe there real downfall was after the black album. Seems they were trying to capture that success again & again. But couldn't.

Judas Priest - Turbo

3. Playing since 1976

I wish I could be a part of a declining band that wrote songs like Don't Tread on Me, My Apocalypse, King Nothing, Frantic, and many more... because no one on this forum has it in them.
    My website ===> CLICK HERE
    My eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    My facebook page ===> CLICK HERE
    My YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    I wish I could be a part of a declining band that wrote songs like Don't Tread on Me, My Apocalypse, King Nothing, Frantic, and many more... because no one on this forum has it in them.
    I don't think you get the concept of the game.

5. Rogue Ex-Mod

Quote Originally Posted by therocker View Post
    Agree - Metallica's decline started with the black album. But it has some really good songs. I always liked Where Ever I May Roam

I believe there real downfall was after the black album. Seems they were trying to capture that success again & again. But couldn't.

Judas Priest - Turbo
    Disagree. I don't believe Priest has ever jumped the shark. If they have, it was after Turbo as Painkiller is their most impressive album top to bottom and that came out 5 years later.

Soundgarden - Superunknown
    My One-Of-A-Kind Masters Premium BRP in #197: http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...d.php?t=216550

Pearl - Ludwig - Zildjian - Sabian - Remo - Evans - Vic Firth

6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    We use the term "Jumped the Shark" when TV shows started their decline. Let's do it for bands and the album that started their demise.

Someone will name a band and the album/song which they believe the band "Jumped the Shark". The next post should be the person stating:

Agree, they did but it was a different record/song (list it), or has not Jumped the Shark.

I will start with an easy one:

Metallica - Black Album

Agree, they did but it was a different record/song (list it), or has not JTS?
    Disagree - I think their latest might be their best, and chart wise it is looking like it might be.

7. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by therocker View Post
    I don't think you get the concept of the game.
    I understand what it means to "Jump the Shark". I was responding to your comment that Metallica was/is a declining band.

8. Kennedy Camden

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    I understand what it means to "Jump the Shark". I was responding to your comment that Metallica was/is a declining band.
    You could have simply said, "They have not jumped the shark" and given your record. You came off very aggressive and quite frankly, I could respond to your comment, but I didn't want to get into a heavy side discussion when a light, fun thread has yet to really get off the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by David Hollywood View Post
    Disagree. I don't believe Priest has ever jumped the shark. If they have, it was after Turbo as Painkiller is their most impressive album top to bottom and that came out 5 years later. Soundgarden - Superunknown
    Agree.

U2 - Achtung Baby

9. Drumming Since 1943

You could have simply said, "They have not jumped the shark" and given your record. You came off very aggressive and quite frankly, I could respond to your comment, but I didn't want to get into a heavy side discussion when a light, fun thread has yet to really get off the ground.

Agree.

U2 - Achtung Baby
    The moment I read the thread title, I thought "flame war". There's no WAY people are going to remain "light and fun". People are WAY too passionate about their favorite bands- you know that Dale.

Like, if I was to say that Sebadoh or Guster or Neutral Milk Hotel jumped the shark with their respective second albums you might have an issue with that.

That being said:

Styx- Kilroy was Here.
    Pearl Masters Studio BRX Millennium Mist Artist
    10x8, 12x9, 14x11, 16x13. 16x16, 18x22, 18x22, Eric Singer Sig Snare, MMX 14x5 Snare, 6x12 & 6x15 Rocket Toms
    Pearl Hardware and DW 5000 double pedals

10. HA HA HA HA HA HAAAA

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    The moment I read the thread title, I thought "flame war". There's no WAY people are going to remain "light and fun". People are WAY too passionate about their favorite bands.
    Ditto

U2 - Achtung Baby
    Disagree. They set their toes in the shark-infested water with Achtung Baby, then jumped over them with zooropa.

I'll let someone else do JY's Styx to catch us up
    Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

| TAMA STARCLASSIC MAPLE | SABIAN & MEINL CYMBALS |

KCCO

11. Playing since 1976

Like, if I was to say that Sebadoh or Guster or Neutral Milk Hotel jumped the shark with their respective second albums you might have an issue with that.
    Those are bands?

12. Playing since 1976

The moment I read the thread title, I thought "flame war". There's no WAY people are going to remain "light and fun". People are WAY too passionate about their favorite bands- you know that Dale.
    Here's one I know you will disagree with Dylan, Rush-Power Windows... there, I said it lol