Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Rockin' the Cosmos..

Wasn't expecting those wrap designs from you OBH .. personally I don't care for any of them .. no offense
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbatterhead View Post
    okay so I have done up a couple of samples...I am looking towards a custom drum wrap as compared to refinishing the drums, in the event I want to remove them one day. The company that would do these wraps for me also do car wraps and use a great vinyl for the wraps...Still undecided which way I want to go....
    80's Pearl G/M series in Emerald Forest WoodDye-10x8, 12x8, 14x10, 16x16, 18x16, 22x16, 24x14
    80's Pearl G/M series in CherryRoseWine WoodDye-12x8, 13x9, 15x12, 16x14, 18x16, 24x14
    80's Pearl G/M series in factory Walnut Lacquer - 14x10, 18x16, 22x14, 26x14
    PDP Birch - 10, 14, 22

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BadAstronaut View Post
    Wasn't expecting those wrap designs from you OBH .. personally I don't care for any of them .. no offense
    No Offence taken BA, Like I said I am not 100% sure what way I want to go. Chance are it will be a fade of some sort, the tear outs and stuff like that were just an Experiment. The problem I am having is more a software issue than a design issue as I cant get the fades to display the way I want them.
    My wife says I am no longer permitted to buy any more drums...I said okay you cant buy any more shoes...we are presently at an impasse! I see drums...she sees shoes!

3. Registered User

Has anyone had any experience with the drum wrap company Bumwraps? http://www.bumwrapdrumco.com/ If so, what do you think of their product and how was the installation process on your drum kit. I hate the idea of using a wrap on my DLX kit as I would much rather do a lacquer finish but the budget is not permitting it at this time.
    My wife says I am no longer permitted to buy any more drums...I said okay you cant buy any more shoes...we are presently at an impasse! I see drums...she sees shoes!

4. Registered User

Has anyone had any experience with the drum wrap company Bumwraps? http://www.bumwrapdrumco.com/ If so, what do you think of their product and how was the installation process on your drum kit. I hate the idea of using a wrap on my DLX kit as I would much rather do a lacquer finish but the budget is not permitting it at this time.
    Al has. Right? I believe he had a giant chrome kit in one of their adds. Pm PDF member CompactDrums about his wraps. Or go to Walopus.com!

5. Registered User

okay I have made up my mind...I am going to go with a green sparkle fade finish....similar to the colour in this photo...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

6. Blücher!

That's nice! Hopefully this will be a paint job, and not a wrap. In my opinion it'd be a shame to put a resonance-killing wrap on your DLX.
    "It doesn't matter if it is good, it only matters if it rocks." -- Tenacious D.

The DLX
    The MLX
    Gretsch Broadkaster

7. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by marknu1 View Post
    That's nice! Hopefully this will be a paint job, and not a wrap. In my opinion it'd be a shame to put a resonance-killing wrap on your DLX.
    I agree, I am hoping to do the paint job, I have a friend of mine that owns a automotive restoration business with a huge spray booth and he is going to talk to his painter to find out what prep work I will need to do before he can paint them. I have always loved green drums for some reason. My very first Pearl kit was an early 80's kit covered in Green Flash wrap and I loved how it played with stage lighting becoming a wide variety of colours based on the light colour. this new finish in my opinion should do something similar. I know it is going to be a lot of work but that is okay...

8. PDF Bashing Team Cap

That's super purdy. I agree with this finish choice and look forward to the finished product photo shoot!

9. Thwunk

wow, yeah that looks great. personally I'd probably go for yellow/bright gold for something like this, but that is totally a personal preference, and green would be near the top of my list as well. I think that's gonna look really good! can't wait to see the finished product
    HHX & 70s Zildjian New Beat hats, K crashes, Bosphorus & Agop rides
    Snares: Yamaha Bamboo Custom 6.5x14 & 5.5x14 / Ludwig Classic Maple 8x14, LB402B (COB Supraphonic 6.5x14), Acrolite 5x14
    Pearl Reference Pure (matte walnut) / Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute (plum lacquer)

10. Rockin' the Cosmos..

okay I have made up my mind...I am going to go with a green sparkle fade finish....similar to the colour in this photo...
    More like Candy Apple Green Sparkle Fade

This should turn out sweet .. keep us updated
    80's Pearl G/M series in Emerald Forest WoodDye-10x8, 12x8, 14x10, 16x16, 18x16, 22x16, 24x14
    80's Pearl G/M series in CherryRoseWine WoodDye-12x8, 13x9, 15x12, 16x14, 18x16, 24x14
    80's Pearl G/M series in factory Walnut Lacquer - 14x10, 18x16, 22x14, 26x14
    PDP Birch - 10, 14, 22