Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Formerly 'BRX rad'

Default What happened to the Oriollo discussion?

Two recent threads, and active as of this morning, just vanish? What gives?

2. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by MWRushR40 View Post
    Two recent threads, and active as of this morning, just vanish? What gives?
    I don't know. I commented on that thread this morning... maybe Pearl doesn't want to allow promotion of this revolutionary drum manufacturing technique on their forum?

My comment was removed from my own recent posts, so I can't even see what I wrote.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

3. Experienced Noob

I can understand if they've made the decision to not have what are basically other companies' advertisement threads on their forum. That said, I have twice had completely appropriate posts deleted for no apparent reason over the last year while posts that are nothing but personal attacks on people are left for all eternity. I can't figure out where lines are drawn anymore. It all feels kind of random.

4. Registered User

Maybe Orillio should start their own forum. I see no need for them to advertise here. It's different when a PDF user discusses them. When your PDF handle is Orillio or how ever it's spelled, it's clear to see they are trying to use Pearl success as a springboard. If it was removed...good for Pearl!

5. Formerly 'BRX rad'

Seems as if all of CompactDrums' recent threads have been deleted as well.

News alert: if anyone comes up with something that Pearl hasn't done or thought of yet, I guess don't bother sharing it here...

6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by therocker View Post
    Maybe Orillio should start their own forum. I see no need for them to advertise here. It's different when a PDF user discusses them. When your PDF handle is Orillio or how ever it's spelled, it's clear to see they are trying to use Pearl success as a springboard. If it was removed...good for Pearl!
    It's Oriollo. And they aren't spring boarding off anyone's success. Majority of their products pearl has never made and probably will never make. You just sound silly

And the seamless aluminum drumset is something no one has ever done...I can guarantee Oriollo doesn't need a PDF thread to be successful lol
    Last edited by JckCustom; 12-11-2016 at 11:14 PM.

Buy Nice or Buy Twice!

My Cherry Craviottos

7. old dog, new tricks

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Foreman View Post
    I can understand if they've made the decision to not have what are basically other companies' advertisement threads on their forum. That said, I have twice had completely appropriate posts deleted for no apparent reason over the last year while posts that are nothing but personal attacks on people are left for all eternity. I can't figure out where lines are drawn anymore. It all feels kind of random.
    ok, but does Pearl make one-piece, spun metal snares? If not, then Orillio isn't stealing any of their market because in a sense it's a different product.

Pearl is a mega company and if they feel threatened by some small, custom outfit, that's really insecure on their part.
    It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.

link below for my kit build thread

https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/s...t-build-thread

8. Rodgers and Jordy!!

2016 PDF FFL Regular Season Champion 11-1 Record

Who are the actual mods around here? Does anyone know? If you know, why don't you ask them?
    Quote Originally Posted by dexplosion View Post
    Boom stands are for sissies.

9. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by space jeff View Post
    ok, but does Pearl make one-piece, spun metal snares? If not, then Orillio isn't stealing any of their market because in a sense it's a different product.

Pearl is a mega company and if they feel threatened by some small, custom outfit, that's really insecure on their part.
    Exactly. The seamless aluminum drumset was posted to a bunch of different forums. It's quite an achievement.
    Last edited by JckCustom; 12-11-2016 at 11:14 PM.

Buy Nice or Buy Twice!

My Cherry Craviottos

10. Formerly 'BRX rad'

Quote Originally Posted by JckCustom View Post
    It's Oriollo. And they aren't spring boarding off anyone's success. Majority of their products pearl has never made and probably will never make. You just sound silly And the aluminum drumset is something no one has ever done...I can guarantee Oriollo doesn't need a PDF thread to be successful lol
    Bingo.

11. Chomp, Chomp

I'm surprised Pearl let it go on as long as it did. Oriollo was certainly using the Pearl forum to cultivate customers, and promote and advertise their products. Didn't Al Percival order a drum from them? I would not even know about them if not for the PDF.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

12. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by JckCustom View Post
    Exactly. The aluminum drumset was posted to a bunch of different forums. It's quite an achievement.
    Look the video up on YouTube. Vukan's new seamless aluminum drum kit sounds great!

Quote Originally Posted by quicksticks View Post
    I'm surprised Pearl let it go on as long as it did. Oriollo was certainly using the Pearl forum to cultivate customers, and promote and advertise their products. Didn't Al Percival order a drum from them? I would not even know about them if not for the PDF.
    Same here... I ordered an Oriollo snare drum... and it should be here soon
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE