Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. Registered User

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    34

    Default Ordering options

    Al,
    I am planning on ordering a MCC kit in the Nicotine Marine Pearl.
    My questions are
    1. Can i order the kick (14X20) with a Reference shell and Reference Pure mini tube lugs? I want the Toms to be Reference Pure specs so this would make the kick visually match the toms. (8X12 rack and a 14X14 floor)
    2. Can i get the kick hoops without the wrap/unfinished so to speak? I'm not sure how the exposed wood is protected but i was thinking about wiping them down with tung oil to protect them.

    Thanks,
    Mike

  2. Pearl Corporation USA

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Pearl Corporation U.S.A. Nashville, TN
    Posts
    27,067

    Default

    Hi Mike - In MCC Music City Custom its either or. No mixing hardware/shell types). You can request the bass drum hoops to be natural and not wrapped.

  3. Experienced Noob

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Between Two Legs
    Posts
    1,781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AL PERCIVAL View Post
    Hi Mike - In MCC Music City Custom its either or. No mixing hardware/shell types). You can request the bass drum hoops to be natural and not wrapped.
    Have things changed? I asked this basic question (https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/s...post1854375478) and got a different answer from Derek (https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/s...post1854375513).

    Maybe the difference has to do with my question not stating there would be different shell types within the same order?

    I've been batting around the idea of ordering a Ref Pure spec'd shell with cast hoops. If that's not permissible, then it's so long to that idea.

  4. Pearl Corporation USA

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Pearl Corporation U.S.A. Nashville, TN
    Posts
    27,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Foreman View Post
    Have things changed? I asked this basic question (https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/s...post1854375478) and got a different answer from Derek (https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/s...post1854375513).

    Maybe the difference has to do with my question not stating there would be different shell types within the same order?

    I've been batting around the idea of ordering a Ref Pure spec'd shell with cast hoops. If that's not permissible, then it's so long to that idea.


    They may have done it for an artist kit, but the Music City Custom ordering is as follows:

    1. Choose from reference or reference pure components (no mixing hardware/different shells)
    2. Standard shell depths and sizes from 8"-24" (no custom depths e.g., 10x7.5")
    3. 30 different delmar and rowlux tour-ready finishes including classic sparkles, vintage pearls and satins
    4. Ready within 14 business days of when PO (purchase order) is received.

    That said, I guess it doesn't hurt to ask your authorized Pearl dealer and I'll be more than happy if the request is accepted

  5. Registered User

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Thanks Al, i will probably just go with Reference specs for all the drums. Might look cool to just have a Reference kick and Reference Pure toms anyway.
    Decisions!! Lol
    What do the forum experts think?

  6. Marketing Manager of Integrated Media

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    14,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Foreman View Post
    Have things changed? I asked this basic question (https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/s...post1854375478) and got a different answer from Derek (https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/s...post1854375513).

    Maybe the difference has to do with my question not stating there would be different shell types within the same order?

    I've been batting around the idea of ordering a Ref Pure spec'd shell with cast hoops. If that's not permissible, then it's so long to that idea.
    Mike - I've been meaning to add an update to my original response about mixing the two series. The mixing option had been done for a few artist kits at beginning of the Music City Custom program but is no longer available to artists or the public.

    Thanks for bringing the subject back up again to jog my memory...

  7. Experienced Noob

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Between Two Legs
    Posts
    1,781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Wolfford View Post
    Mike - I've been meaning to add an update to my original response about mixing the two series. The mixing option had been done for a few artist kits at beginning of the Music City Custom program but is no longer available to artists or the public.

    Thanks for bringing the subject back up again to jog my memory...
    It's all good. I get it - if nothing else it means less possibility for errors. It just takes me out of the market for one of these snares because I really like the Ref Pure shells & lugs but don't care for the Fat Tone hoops at all.

    Despite that, I still think this is an amazing program and option for buyers.

  8. Registered User

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Hello all.
    Are these MCC kits available to purchasers based outside the USA? . I am based in Australia and looking at a custom made kit as my next set. Many thanks.

  9. Pearl Corporation USA

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Pearl Corporation U.S.A. Nashville, TN
    Posts
    27,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baz the Blue View Post
    Hello all.
    Are these MCC kits available to purchasers based outside the USA? . I am based in Australia and looking at a custom made kit as my next set. Many thanks.
    For now, U.S. only.

  10. Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Unless you can find an U.S. based Pearl-dealer where you can place your order and is willing to ship to Australia right?
    Sounds expensive though with shipping costs & import taxes etc. And I don't think the 14 business days promise will apply in this scenario

  11. Registered User

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Yes it would be expensive with the shipping to Oz, but worth it! Some of those MCC finishes are gorgeous. That Pearl Factory in Tennessee does a fantastic job.

  12. Registered User

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,466

    Default

    A buddy of mine told me he's looking for a new kit. This has been going on for a year now. And that's cool. Haste makes waste. I think he first mentioned ddrums. Then a couple weeks ago he said he's leaning towards DW.

    I told him " check out the Pearl MCC line.

    So, so many options! If a a guy has the money ( and he does ) why would you not want this star treatment Pearl offers. He's been a gigging drummer for decades. Pretty inspiring to me. Good guy too!

    I hope I've convinced him. He's played Sonar and Mapex for years. He knows I'm a Pearl nut. I think he runs his options by me to see if I will say " go Pearl ". I always do!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •