Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Rockin' the Cosmos..

Congrats again rocker .. Chestnut Fade is nice .. enjoy your final kit - or is it? .. haha

I owned an MRX kit years ago which is same shell as MCX but mine had superhoops .. On mine I used Clear Emperors/Ambassadors,Pinstripes,Clear G2's on toms/floor and PS3's/EMADs on bass .. I prefer REMO heads but do use EVANS also

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BadAstronaut View Post
    Congrats again rocker .. Chestnut Fade is nice .. enjoy your final kit - or is it? .. haha I owned an MRX kit years ago which is same shell as MCX but mine had superhoops .. On mine I used Clear Emperors/Ambassadors,Pinstripes,Clear G2's on toms/floor and PS3's/EMADs on bass .. I prefer REMO heads but do use EVANS also
    This is my death kit. Meaning I will have it until the end of my days. Last kit? Probably. If anything I will keep building on it. I already found another kick for $500. And a 13" 14" tom combo for $900. But I've spent enough for a while. I'd like to add a complete set of A Customs eventually.

3. Rockin' the Cosmos..

Quote Originally Posted by therocker View Post
    This is my death kit. Meaning I will have it until the end of my days. Last kit? Probably. If anything I will keep building on it. I already found another kick for $500. And a 13" 14" tom combo for $900. But I've spent enough for a while. I'd like to add a complete set of A Customs eventually.
    it never ends with GAS .. you can always find these MCX's in your finish on the used market to add on to kit when money is available .. just enjoy what you got for now!

4. Registered User

Absolutely stunning kit. Love that finish

5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by therocker View Post
    The snare pics outside are good pics ( for a cell phone ) but still don't capture the beauty of the finish. They are quite stunning in person!
    Find a way to get the equivalent of a light tent and you won't be disappointed. Easier said than done unfortunately

But anyway your photos look really good!
    Pearl/Dixon/Paiste/LP/Remo/Pro-Mark 5ABN

6. Skeld-the -wicked

Congrats therocker , welcome to the Masters Army!
    Pearl Masters Premium Diamond Burst 6pc
    Pearl Masters Red Mahogany Classic 6pc
    14 x 6.5 Phosphor Bronze FF Snare + Red Wine Shell.
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks

7. Registered User

Congratulations buddy!

8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sticks4drums View Post
    Congratulations buddy!
    Thanks sticks! And everyone else. I'm super pleased with this kit and I'm excited to work and build on it.

Drums are like Hot Rods. There's always something to fix, change, add on or customize!

9. Experienced Noob

Nice kit & congratulations! You're already thinking additions, huh? I know what that's like. There are a couple of things I'd like to add to my kit but the space I have to play it in won't allow me to expand at all. I think that's actually a good thing for me, really.

If you are really thinking about more cymbals, maybe consider looking at K Custom Hybrids. I had all A Customs but made the move to these. The A Customs were really nice but eventually felt to me like they offered pretty much only shimmer. Not that that's bad, just they seemed a little one dimensional. To my ears the K Custom Hybrids just added some depth to that shimmer. They are worth looking at, anyway.

10. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Foreman View Post
    Nice kit & congratulations! You're already thinking additions, huh? I know what that's like. There are a couple of things I'd like to add to my kit but the space I have to play it in won't allow me to expand at all. I think that's actually a good thing for me, really. If you are really thinking about more cymbals, maybe consider looking at K Custom Hybrids. I had all A Customs but made the move to these. The A Customs were really nice but eventually felt to me like they offered pretty much only shimmer. Not that that's bad, just they seemed a little one dimensional. To my ears the K Custom Hybrids just added some depth to that shimmer. They are worth looking at, anyway.
    Not a serious consideration of adding on just yet. As that would leave me homeless when my wife gives me the boot. . Just kidding she doesn't care.

But really I didn't spend that much on the kit because I sold two Export kits to get this one.
    Both Export kits were good deals price wise and I kept what I wanted from each kit and sold off what I didn't. Then sold the shell packs.

11. Bad Girlfriend

Congrats on your new Chestnut Fade MCX and welcome to the Masters Army! (Put Masters Army in your sig)! There was a thread about Chestnut Fade owner's kits and I will try to find it and put it on this page again. You're going to love the way you sound! Congrats!
    Last edited by nova; 10-30-2016 at 10:21 AM.
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians
    My Kit; http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/at...8&d=1290113760

MASTERS ARMY

12. Registered User

I was able to play for a good little while tonight. The Remo pinstripes don't sound to shabby. But I'd imagine any head will sound decent on these drums.