Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
  1. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fuller89 View Post
    Cool, thanks BA. Out of curiosity, are they worth the $1500 asking price? It's what is pictured plus a set of drum seeker cases.
    I would say yes on the 24" bass, the 18" FT and the snare alone! Not meaning those three are worth that much but they're part of it.

I'd love to own them that's for sure.

2. Registered User

Kinda sorta near Pittsburgh (right at the tristate area)

I knew the sizes made them more expensive. I just wasn't sure in a vision series was worth that much used.

I see masters kits come up with stands for around what the asking price is for that kit. Smaller sizes of course, usually a 22" kick with a 14" or 16" floor and 10" and 12" racks. They might also have been birch shells, never payed that much attention to them since I can't afford them anyways lol

But I found a REAL deal here https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/msg/5952411900.html

3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BadAstronaut View Post
    yes .. it works .. I do it on my guitar pots and amps every year or any old guitar/amp I get before selling.. there are plenty youtube videos that show the process in detail if you care to watch
    I used some contact cleaner that my guitar player uses on his stuff. It made a difference but it still cracks a bit.

4. Registered User

My bad. In my ignorance I ignored the " vision ". Seeing the snare my brain was thinking the kit was Masters series!

5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by therocker View Post
    My bad. In my ignorance I ignored the " vision ". Seeing the snare my brain was thinking the kit was Masters series!
    I though it was at first as well. But I did a really quick search and it seems those sizes would be about right in the $1000 range depending on what the snare is worth. I just guessed it in the $300 range.

But none of this talk changes the fact that I cannot afford them

6. Registered User

Just my .02, but unless I had to have those sizes, I wouldn't pay that much. Maybe like BA said, I would go 1000.00 tops given they have cases and all.

And I totally get Fullers perspective....we all like to look and dream regardless of whether we can buy or not

7. Vintage 1968

Quote Originally Posted by LDdrummer View Post
    And I totally get Fullers perspective....we all like to look and dream regardless of whether we can buy or not
    That's what the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue is all about.
    Random obscure cool group from my youth:

8. Rockin' the Cosmos..

I used some contact cleaner that my guitar player uses on his stuff. It made a difference but it still cracks a bit.
    hmmm .. check wiring? .. if wiring is good, pots are cleaned and it still crackles, then it might be time to replace
    80's Pearl G/M series in Emerald Forest WoodDye-10x8, 12x8, 14x10, 16x16, 18x16, 22x16, 24x14
    80's Pearl G/M series in CherryRoseWine WoodDye-12x8, 13x9, 15x12, 16x14, 18x16, 24x14
    80's Pearl G/M series in factory Walnut Lacquer - 14x10, 18x16, 22x14, 26x14
    PDP Birch - 10, 14, 22

9. Rockin' the Cosmos..

Yeah man .. that's a sweet deal .. that is if you take $2,000 off asking price ... haha
    80's Pearl G/M series in Emerald Forest WoodDye-10x8, 12x8, 14x10, 16x16, 18x16, 22x16, 24x14
    80's Pearl G/M series in CherryRoseWine WoodDye-12x8, 13x9, 15x12, 16x14, 18x16, 24x14
    80's Pearl G/M series in factory Walnut Lacquer - 14x10, 18x16, 22x14, 26x14
    PDP Birch - 10, 14, 22

10. Registered User

Yeah man .. that's a sweet deal .. that is if you take $2,000 off asking price ... haha
    Right?!?! LOL

I think I laughed for a solid minuet when I seen that.

11. Registered User

hmmm .. check wiring? .. if wiring is good, pots are cleaned and it still crackles, then it might be time to replace
    The compression pot had been broken at some point in its life (pieces fell out when I cleaned it), but we don't use it anyways so no big deal.

I think it's just time for a new amp. I bought this one used about 8 years ago i think. My wife wants something smaller anyways so she can actually pick it up. Not that an Ibanez sound wave 25 is that big, my wife is just rather short lol.

I'm looking at a fender rumble 15. My step dad has an older one and it sounds pretty good and has some volume for such a small amp. Depends on what we can afford though, the wife wants a new amp, not another used one.

12. Vintage 1968

lol. how did you come across it?

My wife keeps getting on me for buying drum stuff as it is, let alone a $1500 shell pack lol. I just had to fix her bass amp last night as it quite working (just a bad connection luckily) but it makes nice crackly noises when adjusting anything even after cleaning, so I guess my next gear purchase will be a new amp for her. At least she only wants a little practice amp like fender rumble 15.
    Behringer makes a pretty decent 15 watt bass amp. They run about $80 new. I bought one about ten years ago and it works well. I actually own several Behringer amps. I've got the larger size 300 watt bass amp, too.

Name:  481091000000000-00-500x500.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  95.0 KB

Edit: I just noticed that $80 is about the same price as the Fender Rumble 15. I'd probably go with the more established brand (Fender) then, but I have to say that I do like the Behringer amps I own. I even have the Blue Devil guitar modeling amp that is nice because it is versatile.
    Last edited by dudme; 01-13-2017 at 08:28 AM.
    Random obscure cool group from my youth: