Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Unban nik12

Quote Originally Posted by sticks4drums View Post
    Well said. I actually loved the sound and look, of my 22 x 20 Saturn kicks, but they aren't very practical for moving. A 14" and especially a 12" deep bass just looks cheap to me.
    This looks cheap to you?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MitchLyons View Post
    This looks cheap to you?
    No offense, but kinda! It's all personal preference I guess but I don't like shallow kicks because they do look cheap. They may sound great I don't know.

3. Unban nik12

Quote Originally Posted by therocker View Post
    No offense, but kinda! It's all personal preference I guess but I don't like shallow kicks because they do look cheap. They may sound great I don't know.
    I totally disagree. I think it's super cool, and it's very classy. Sort of an homage to the super short, but very large bass drums from the 40's

4. Registered User

I totally disagree. I think it's super cool, and it's very classy. Sort of an homage to the super short, but very large bass drums from the 40's
    They do look vintage. And that is a nice looking kit. The drum fact is that it takes all different sizes to make all different sounds. Circumference and depth. They all have their place in the drum community. Would I play that kit? Heck yeah! I'd imagine that bass drum could make a pretty nice thump!

5. th droids yerlookn4

im sorry ,but i find that kit ,less than awesome ....but hey , kudos, for bringing back the tame rockstar lugs ...lolhttps://www.pearldrummersforum.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif

6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Sentiment View Post
    Fixed. :-) just kidding! ♡
    I lol'ed.
    Pearl/Dixon/Paiste/LP/Remo/Pro-Mark 5ABN

7. J-Con

Quote Originally Posted by 2 basses4life View Post
    im sorry ,but i find that kit ,less than awesome ....but hey , kudos, for bringing back the tame rockstar lugs ...lolhttps://www.pearldrummersforum.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif
    Did Tama use beavertail lugs? C&C designed their lugs to be a modern Art Deco throwback to the old Beavertail style.

https://instagram.com/p/mNpkLay9qD/
    Attached Images Attached Images   

8. Registered User

This looks cheap to you?
    It would look like you borrowed your Grandfathers kit for the night. I get it. It is just another trend going around. Old is new again. I like it much better than their long single lug, long tension rod kits. Buy what you like, and don't worry about what others think about it.

9. Registered User

I have the old school, four piece kit in my drum room. This is actually the real deal. 1940's Leedy kit. It has a cool vibe because it is actually old, not just pretending to be.

10. Unban nik12

Quote Originally Posted by sticks4drums View Post
    I have the old school, four piece kit in my drum room. This is actually the real deal. 1940's Leedy kit. It has a cool vibe because it is actually old, not just pretending to be.
    God forbid someone wants a modern kit with a vintage vibe, burn them all!

11. Registered User

I love the short toms, and I also love the idea of them being the same depth. I had a set of 8", 10", 12" toms, that were all 8" deep, and they looked great, and sounded fantastic. I have owned and played many 22" bass drums, and I think 18" is plenty deep. They sound powerful, and are easier to transport then a 20" deep drum. I have also played 22" x 16", and 22" x 14", and they also sound great.

12. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by korch View Post
    I love the short toms, and I also love the idea of them being the same depth. I had a set of 8", 10", 12" toms, that were all 8" deep, and they looked great, and sounded fantastic. I have owned and played many 22" bass drums, and I think 18" is plenty deep. They sound powerful, and are easier to transport then a 20" deep drum. I have also played 22" x 16", and 22" x 14", and they also sound great.
    Im wrapped with the amount of responses and opions im getting on this one! Keep it up! its good to see where every one is at!