Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Registered User

Kinda sorta near Pittsburgh (right at the tristate area)

Why wait? It's not nice to tease with the prospect of new pictures

2. idk how 2 play drums

New page!

Pearl Vision VBL - cherry gloss lacquer
    18x14" bass drum (stock heads - the batter is fine for now, I'm planning on putting a coated Powerstroke 3 on it in the future)
    12x8" rack tom (Coated Ambassador)
    14x14" floor tom (Coated Ambassador)
    Mapex Black Panther Velvetone snare drum 14x5.5" (Coated Ambassador/Hazy Ambassador)

Cymbals L-R (Zildjian):
    14" A New Beat hi-hats
    18" K Custom Hybrid crash
    20" K Custom Dark ride
    17" K Custom Dark crash

Hardware:
    Pearl H-2000 hi-hat stand (black cam)
    Pearl P-930 bass pedal
    Pearl S-830 snare stand
    Yamaha DS840 throne
    3x Pearl BC150S stands

Kit isn't completely setup the way I like it, but I couldn't really micro adjust from playing

3. Registered User

I know your kit is small... but you still need more than a door mat for a rug

4. idk how 2 play drums

Quote Originally Posted by Fuller89 View Post
    I know your kit is small... but you still need more than a door mat for a rug
    Haha it's actually leftover carpet! I was too lazy to go and get the foam blocks I use when the kit is setup on hardwood floors. I was just scared of getting dirt or even scratches on the bass drum shell, whereas hardware is much easier to clean.

5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
    Haha it's actually leftover carpet! I was too lazy to go and get the foam blocks I use when the kit is setup on hardwood floors. I was just scared of getting dirt or even scratches on the bass drum shell, whereas hardware is much easier to clean.
    Lol. I get not wanting to set it directly on the grass. Foam blocks... like the exercise equipment foam tiles?

6. idk how 2 play drums

Lol. I get not wanting to set it directly on the grass. Foam blocks... like the exercise equipment foam tiles?
    You could probably use them with exercise equipment, I have no idea what to call them...perhaps foam tiles? Here's what they look like where the drums usually stay:

7. J-Con

Modular foam floor mats.

I had some of these for awhile, they work great!
    I got them at Big Lots for a decent price too.

8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Tasty808 View Post
    Modular foam floor mats. I had some of these for awhile, they work great! I got them at Big Lots for a decent price too.
    That's what I thought you meant. I see those for sale next to treadmills all the time to protect hard floors.

I made some padded drum bags out of those. Well I'm still working it on them, only 2 are done. I really should get back to those lol.

9. Registered User

Those are also a really cool idea to set up on. I bet your kit stays put on that pretty well. It would be easy to transport to a gig in a big bag, just takes a few minuets to build so maybe not worth it to gig with?

10. idk how 2 play drums

Quote Originally Posted by Tasty808 View Post
    Modular foam floor mats.

I had some of these for awhile, they work great!
    I got them at Big Lots for a decent price too.
    Yes! I don't really like the look of them but they're a cheap option and work well.

That's what I thought you meant. I see those for sale next to treadmills all the time to protect hard floors.

I made some padded drum bags out of those. Well I'm still working it on them, only 2 are done. I really should get back to those lol.
    Those are also a really cool idea to set up on. I bet your kit stays put on that pretty well. It would be easy to transport to a gig in a big bag, just takes a few minuets to build so maybe not worth it to gig with?
    Kit doesn't move at all on them, and theyre thick enough that the spikes on the kick spurs and feet of my hi hat stand don't even come close to touching the hardwood. Definitely super easy to transport, can be assembled in only a couple mins and take up much less space than an area rug would!

They are meant for treadmills, so it could help with bass drum vibrations as well. Obviously it's not gonna do jack f*ck all for an acoustic kit in a basement, but could definitely help for an electric kit in an apartment.
    Last edited by Aquila; 11-16-2016 at 12:18 PM.

11. I spell bad.

Killer kit man! I too love the flat base hardware. Your set up is not helping my lust for a Masterworks Bop kit at all lol!
    Nous sommes du soleil...
    We love when we play...

12. idk how 2 play drums

Quote Originally Posted by The Whale View Post
    Killer kit man! I too love the flat base hardware. Your set up is not helping my lust for a Masterworks Bop kit at all lol!
    Thanks! The flat hardware was definitely a good purchase. I'm very happy with how it turned out.

You should see MusicMan's Midtown Masterworks in the Masterworks section if you wanna be more tempted

I can't recommend the Vision bop enough if you can get your hands on one, especially for the price. Way better than the Catalina Club Jazz IMO. Only weak point of the kit is the snare.