Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Registered User

Default Recording/using loops in a live show

I'm currently in a 3 piece Bluesy band. We would like to cover Joe Walsh's Funk # 49. What kind of electronic equipment would I need to pre record the percussion parts on the break down, and what would I need to play those parts in the right section of the song during the show. I would like to keep the cost to a minimum. I own a Zoom recorder, and have access to a decent recording studio setup. It's more the storage/playback and timing of the playback that concerns me. I am complete novice at this, so please be gentle.

I don't know if I'm posting in the right forum, but this one seems to be the most oriented toward what I would like to do.

Thanks

2. Registered User

There are a few ways to do this depending on how involved you want to get. The easiest and cheapest setup would be to create a backing track that could be played on a laptop/iPod you already have. Just pan the track one way and click the other. Run the track to the house and the click to your ears.

Option 2 would be to use a sample pad. Something as simple as the Roland TM-2 will do. Alesis also makes a pad that you can import your own samples into. I personally use an SPD-SX but also have used a TM-2 for lighter gigs to play samples and backing tracks and both work great.
    RBH Monarch Drums in Merlot Sparkle
    RBH Westwood Drums in Green Sparkle

3. Registered User

Thanks Erin!