Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Registered User

I have to say, having owned my CB set for just over 6 months now the quality is rubbish, Iv used the kit for two gigs a week since having it and in that time, the floor tom was split on receiving the kit, the floor tom leg brackets have cracked (stupidly thin cast metal) and tension rods either to tight to turn or keep coming loose. If these were any other product they would be recalled!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by monophonic; 12-31-2016 at 04:47 AM.

2. life start at 125bpm

^^^^^
    wheeew! this doesn't looks good at all and won't last .
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

3. PDF 8a5h1ng T3am C4p

Uh-oh!

More drum hardware issues?

4. Registered User

Wow. The build quality on my SSC kit looks far superior to that

5. Registered User

This could be avoided if Pearl simple stopped offering floor toms with legs. Just make them ALL mounted. Problem solved!

6. Registered User

Dang sorry to see that, I just got a set too and less than a month old and went to put a new Emad 2 on the kick and this is what I found hiding beneath the lug man was I pissed !! I have had atleast 20 Pearl kits and this is my first bad experience thank god I still can play my BCX's which btw are friggin awesome hated to see that series go!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by dunnigan66; 02-26-2017 at 04:24 PM.

7. Registered User

Hate to see these issues with your CB kit. I bought a Ludwig Smoky Vistalite kit back in 1976, tho I never had structural issues, they are a pain to keep clean and looking back now, they really didn't sound all that great either. They were a very loud, harsh and stuck in the mids tone wise. Then again, they went great with the 70's/80's rock music back in the day.

8. PDF 8a5h1ng T3am C4p

Quote Originally Posted by dunnigan66 View Post
    Dang sorry to see that, I just got a set too and less than a month old and went to put a new Emad 2 on the kick and this is what I found hiding beneath the lug man was I pissed !! I have had atleast 20 Pearl kits and this is my first bad experience thank god I still can play my BCX's which btw are friggin awesome hated to see that series go!
    Well, isn't that a ******.

9. Chomp, Chomp

Quote Originally Posted by dunnigan66 View Post
    Wow, I'm really sorry you're having problems. Are the hoops seamless like the shells, or was the split in the glued seam? Either way, it shouldn't have happened. I checked out the CB's when they first came out and was disappointed that Pearl chose to use cheaper hardware. I understand that they were aiming for a particular price point to be competitive, but Vistalites are three times the price. Let's see, cracked BD hoops, cracked shells, cracked floor tom brackets, and tension rods that fall out. Fortunately, Pearl will make things right, but it just seems like the CB's are problematic.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

10. Banned

Broken CB hardware and broken seemless shells.

Can't blame Eric Singer for using seamed shells with Masters hardware

11. Combo Marketing Manager

Friends and Pearl Drummers,

Thanks for sounding off about these issues. We appreciate the feedback but are sorry it has to come at this drastic a cost. Pearl's uncompromising dedication to product quality is something we take very seriously, and back it up with the best Warranty in the drum industry. @Monophonic and @Dunnigan66, please follow up with the dealer you bought these drum sets from so we can get replacement parts to you immediately.

The nature of any Acrylic shell is such that it will react differently and be less durable than standard wood shells, but these kinds of quality issues are by no means common. Trust me when I say that we will stand by the product and make sure that you are happy with your purchase. Having said that, the info and pictures you have provided will allow us to further test this highly-successful drum series for future quality and manufacturing consideration.

Thanks again for letting us know, please follow up with your dealer and let's get you guys some new drums!

Sincerely,

Kevin Packard, Pearl Corporation

12. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Packard View Post
    Friends and Pearl Drummers, Thanks for sounding off about these issues. We appreciate the feedback but are sorry it has to come at this drastic a cost. Pearl's uncompromising dedication to product quality is something we take very seriously, and back it up with the best Warranty in the drum industry. @Monophonic and @Dunnigan66, please follow up with the dealer you bought these drum sets from so we can get replacement parts to you immediately. The nature of any Acrylic shell is such that it will react differently and be less durable than standard wood shells, but these kinds of quality issues are by no means common. Trust me when I say that we will stand by the product and make sure that you are happy with your purchase. Having said that, the info and pictures you have provided will allow us to further test this highly-successful drum series for future quality and manufacturing consideration. Thanks again for letting us know, please follow up with your dealer and let's get you guys some new drums! Sincerely, Kevin Packard, Pearl Corporation
    That's what TRUE Customer Service is all about and a huge reason why I only purchase Pearl products.