Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. PDF Bashing Team Cap

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Packard View Post
    The nature of any Acrylic shell is such that it will react differently and be less durable than standard wood shells
    Yeah, but that doesn't explain the brittle cast hardware.

2. Registered User

Default Both hoops bad

Also less durable doesn't mean cracked within less than a month and the kit is has not been moved from the house! So I took off the other and same issue 2 cracked hoops. They came shipped with hoops attached every other kit I have received the new hoops and lugs were separate and had to be put on all of the other drums were completely put together also. I should have taken all the drums apart and checked them inch by inch but i didn't think they would be this bad and that's my fault, but Pearl usually from my other Pearl drum sets have been perfect. Doesn't make sense to me I have to disassemble an entire kit to make sure there right. Imagine doing that with a car etc etc. I wish i could return them but probably can't nothing like making a 1100 dollar buy and dealing with this kinda stuff. I wanted another kit shoulda got a SSC kit instead
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by dunnigan66; 03-05-2017 at 08:28 AM.

3. Registered User

Do the SSCs use the same shell hardware? I owned a CB for a short while, and all the cast metal components on it seemed really thin and flimsy.

4. Chomp, Chomp

I think it's great that Pearl is stepping up to get new drums out to the affected parties. I don't think anyone had any doubts about Pearl's excellent customer service. I don't know of any other drum company that is as accessible and eager to do right by their customers. That said, I would like to know what Pearl is doing to correct the problems in this series. There are those of us that would have liked to see an acrylic kit with Masters or Sessions level hardware.
    Drumming since 1961.
    MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Paiste Cymbals

5. Registered User

This thread is what turned me against the cb line. Still love them but I'd want the problem fixed before I shelled out cash. How about rim mounts for the FT's!

6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Packard View Post
    Friends and Pearl Drummers,

Thanks for sounding off about these issues. We appreciate the feedback but are sorry it has to come at this drastic a cost. Pearl's uncompromising dedication to product quality is something we take very seriously, and back it up with the best Warranty in the drum industry. @Monophonic and @Dunnigan66, please follow up with the dealer you bought these drum sets from so we can get replacement parts to you immediately.

The nature of any Acrylic shell is such that it will react differently and be less durable than standard wood shells, but these kinds of quality issues are by no means common. Trust me when I say that we will stand by the product and make sure that you are happy with your purchase. Having said that, the info and pictures you have provided will allow us to further test this highly-successful drum series for future quality and manufacturing consideration.

Thanks again for letting us know, please follow up with your dealer and let's get you guys some new drums!

Sincerely,

Kevin Packard, Pearl Corporation
    Very nice response, but I am wondering why Pearl isn't commenting on the other issue, which is the fact that the tension rods are coming lose very quickly.
    Clear Pearl Crystal Beat
    Cherry Burst Gretch Renown Maple
    Natural Ludwig Birch

And a whole mess of Zildjian cymbals.

7. Registered User

Ok I got the 1st replacement hoop on Monday very fast from talking to dealer them sending it to Pearl then to me super fast. Also put REMO clear ambassadors on tom batter side and all I can say is I love them, screws staying tight too must be those crappy stock pearl heads causing that I suppose. Anyway awaiting the 2nd replacement hoop as we speak. As far as my hardware its seems fine along with the optimounts which have a lifetime warranty I think. And installed a EMAD2 and sounds like thunder my fave kick of the 3 Pearl Sets I own. Also Pearl Please ditch the 2ply stock heads on theess and atleast put on single ply cheapos. The DW design series acrylics come with REMO ambassadors on res and batter side a powerwstoke3 bass drum plus a snare and they sound nice had some, but been wanting these tangerine crystal beats since they came out only other issue i have with these is I ordered a 8 inch tom in jan and its on backorder and no concert toms in this color wth lol.
    Last edited by dunnigan66; 03-09-2017 at 03:51 PM.

8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dunnigan66 View Post
    Ok I got the 1st replacement hoop on Monday very fast from talking to dealer them sending it to Pearl then to me super fast. Also put REMO clear ambassadors on tom batter side and all I can say is I love them, screws staying tight too must be those crappy stock pearl heads causing that I suppose.
    It's not just the stock heads causing it. At least, it wasn't on my kit. They did sound nice when they were in tune though.

9. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Skiddz View Post
    It's not just the stock heads causing it. At least, it wasn't on my kit. They did sound nice when they were in tune though.
    I did add some Tama plasitc washers when I replaced the heads maybe that helped like someone suggested on another thread.
    Last edited by dunnigan66; 03-09-2017 at 11:36 PM.