Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Registered User

Default Help ID'ing this kit!

Hey guys! I found this kit at a garage sale and am having trouble identifying which Vision kit this is! It has a 22" bass drum, 12" Tom, 16" floor tom, and a 14" sensitone steel snare. According to the inside sticker, it's from 2008 I believe. It also has all badges removed, I can't find any sign of the type of kit is and I only knew it was a Vision from the inside sticker removed. I also don't know the depth of each drum, send help!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by LegacyAtMo; 09-17-2016 at 06:05 PM.

2. Pearl & Zildjian

looking at the snare drum its a brushed steel sensitone snare drum and those came with the Vision VSX or the Vision VX series. The kit is refinished by the previous owner that's probably why all the badges are gone.
    The VSX & VX series were wrap finishes. The wood is birch & basswood. 6 ply rack toms and 8 ply floor & bass drums.

I hope this helps
    Pearl Vision VSX & Zildjian & Paiste Cymbals
    http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...d.php?t=246977Latest pics page 80 !

3. Registered User

scaryguy: As always, you are a big help. I have a related question for you: Do you know when Pearl began and stopped production of the Vision Bop kits? I now own two such kits and I know they have not been in production for a while..... Thanks!
    oldstroke in CA

4. Pearl & Zildjian

Quote Originally Posted by oldstroke227 View Post
    scaryguy: As always, you are a big help. I have a related question for you: Do you know when Pearl began and stopped production of the Vision Bop kits? I now own two such kits and I know they have not been in production for a while..... Thanks!
    Well i have gone through the general catalogues from 2010 until the latest from this year and those Vision bop kits don't appear in any of them
    I know Pearl introduced the Vision bop kits in Europe in early 2015 but when they were introduced at the US i really have no idea.

strange i can find so little info about them
    Pearl Vision VSX & Zildjian & Paiste Cymbals
    http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...d.php?t=246977Latest pics page 80 !

5. Registered User

Thanks scaryguy. I purchased my first Vision Bop from Rupps Drums in Denver in 2014. They were discontinued at that time and the kit I bought was a "leftover" nobody wanted......
    oldstroke in CA

6. Registered User

If the kit has gaskets under the lugs, legs and mounts with brass furrels it is a 2007 or 2008 with the attached badge. If not, it's 2009 to 2012. Then the badge went oval till 2014 when that stopped making Visions
    If the vision badge really came from these drums they can be dated by the code on the sticker.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    MLX Maple Charcoal 8,10,12,16,18,22,24
    BLX Birch Cardinal Red 10,12,13,14,16,22,22
    2007 VSX Birch Ply 6/8 Gunmetal Sparkle
    Paiste 2002,Sound Reflection,Color Sound
    MCX 1465S/C Maple; '90's FF Red HH 1435 Brass; 90's FF 1465 Brass; Joey 1365