Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Bean

Default Pdp concept maple

So I have a really good opportunity to pick up a mint condition PDP concept maple kit in the cherry stain and lacquer finish that is a seven piece kit. I had been looking at a DW collectors series kit in the red velvet wrap finish. Trying to see if I should spend four times the money and get the dw kit because these kits that I'm looking at will be used for outdoor gigs mostly. Does anyone have any positive experiences with the PDP concept maple kit? This is a brand-new kit that I'm looking at that the gentleman had to give up on for personal reasons. The heads are brand-new it is not even been used yet.
    Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute Y2K, dw Collectors Series Black Velvet and Marine Pearl, dw Snare drums - Edge, Marine Pearl, Black Velvet, Paiste Signature and Zildjian Z Cymbals, dw 9002, 9500 High Hat, dw Rack, Rolling Riser, Roland pads, Roland TD-10 and 20X Modules / dw stands

2. Bean

Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post
    So I have a really good opportunity to pick up a mint condition PDP concept maple kit in the cherry stain and lacquer finish that is a seven piece kit. I had been looking at a DW collectors series kit in the red velvet wrap finish. Trying to see if I should spend four times the money and get the dw kit because these kits that I'm looking at will be used for outdoor gigs mostly. Does anyone have any positive experiences with the PDP concept maple kit? This is a brand-new kit that I'm looking at that the gentleman had to give up on for personal reasons. The heads are brand-new it is not even been used yet.
    Name:  image-271590668.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  191.6 KB
    Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute Y2K, dw Collectors Series Black Velvet and Marine Pearl, dw Snare drums - Edge, Marine Pearl, Black Velvet, Paiste Signature and Zildjian Z Cymbals, dw 9002, 9500 High Hat, dw Rack, Rolling Riser, Roland pads, Roland TD-10 and 20X Modules / dw stands

3. Registered User

I have the X7 w/ 8-10-12-14-16 & 18x22.. I love them myself and I also gig frequently outside. Florida humidity ain't hurt them yet.
    2002 Peavey RP 1000 6-pc, Gibraltar rack, Zildjian, Humes and Berg, ..Pearl P122TW
    2015 Ludwig Breakbeat
    2011 Tama Starclassic B/B

Tama G-Maple 13x7 snare..Pearl m1270 maple 12x7 snare.

Twitter https://twitter.com/Inaband

4. Looks That Kill

Have you explored the DW Performance series???? Same DW shells and made in the USA at the Oxnard facility where they make the collectors kits. They are a great bang for the buck and sound remarkably close to their big brother. I have 2 of them and love them
    DW Collectors Birch Satin Oil Natural
    Pearl Masters Maple Complete Matte Black
    Yamaha Stage Custom Birch Raven Black w/ 22 kick
    Yamaha Stage Custom Birch Raven Black w/20 kick
    Sakae Almighty Birch Silver Sparkle

5. Bean

Quote Originally Posted by inaband View Post
    I have the X7 w/ 8-10-12-14-16 & 18x22.. I love them myself and I also gig frequently outside. Florida humidity ain't hurt them yet.
    Thanks!!!

6. Bean

Quote Originally Posted by CUZNRED View Post
    Have you explored the DW Performance series???? Same DW shells and made in the USA at the Oxnard facility where they make the collectors kits. They are a great bang for the buck and sound remarkably close to their big brother. I have 2 of them and love them
    Will check them out !!! Thanks !!

7. I spell bad.

The Concept Maples are real nice for as cheap as you can get them. Marco Minniman toured with them a year or two ago instead of his usual DW Collectors and those shows are a testament to how good the Concept Maple sound. Their hardware and construction should not be confused with an actual DW however. Also do your self a favor, look for a used PDP Platinum.
    Nous sommes du soleil...
    We love when we play...

ἀπολυτρώσεως τῆς ἐν Χριστῷ Ἰησοῦ

8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by The Whale View Post
    Also do your self a favor, look for a used PDP Platinum.
    Agree 100%. I had a 6 piece set of Platinums several years ago and they were outstanding for quality and sound. They especially projected well outdoors.
    Bish
    "I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds."

9. Registered User

I've never tapped a PDP kit, but a good friend of mine(that swears by DW), has told me of a couple PDP kits he's checked out and said they are AMAZING!!! Best bang-for-your-buck! I believe they were both X7's. I would say go for it!! Keep us posted, and if you do..you gotta take pics.

10. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by KG View Post
    I've never tapped a PDP kit, but a good friend of mine(that swears by DW), has told me of a couple PDP kits he's checked out and said they are AMAZING!!! Best bang-for-your-buck! I believe they were both X7's. I would say go for it!! Keep us posted, and if you do..you gotta take pics.
    URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/inaband/media/logo%20head_zps2rqt8xlq.jpg.html][/UR

I got this kit in Tampa.. I got the shells only, had everything else: good gigging kit.
    Last edited by inaband; 09-21-2016 at 09:32 AM.
    2002 Peavey RP 1000 6-pc, Gibraltar rack, Zildjian, Humes and Berg, ..Pearl P122TW
    2015 Ludwig Breakbeat
    2011 Tama Starclassic B/B

Tama G-Maple 13x7 snare..Pearl m1270 maple 12x7 snare.

Twitter https://twitter.com/Inaband

11. Registered User

Oh MAN!!! I like that!!! Go for it, man! Even if you didn't care for it much, I'm sure you wouldn't have a problem flipping them.

12. Registered User

I gigged a Concept Maple for 2 years. Honestly, If I would not have gotten such an incredible deal on my DW Performance, I'd be kicking myself for selling the CM. Great quality, great sounding, solid gigging kit.

Drummer Mad!
    Name:  kit attitude.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  73.0 KB
    1964 Ludwig Downbeat 6pc
    1976 Ludwig Stainless Steel 4pc
    1998 Ayotte "Ray Era" Wood Hoop 5pc

Zildjians: A Customs and Vintage As