Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Registered User

Hello All - from TR, pro drummer, age 70, member of a 9-piece rock jazz band from the 70's, very similar to the group Chicago. We toured Europe and the Mediterranean. We have an album on YouTube.
    I just joined this forum and this is my very first post to intro myself and tell those who may care that I just acquired a 70's Vintage CHROME Wood Fiberglass 5-piece drum set for $500 (in mint condition) Please tell me that I didn't pay too much (gulp)? I am putting the set together with a brand new Ludwig Series 400 Hardware kit and all Zildjian cymbals (3) plus Zildjian 14" high-hats...all also in mint like -new shiny condition. I'd like some feedback as to what you feel may be a fair sell price for such a kit. Thank you kindly for any guidance. Sincerely, Tom R Name:  VPD1.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  63.2 KB

2. Registered User

I think that’s a big pricey for these drums. I’ve gotten a set in black for $200 with hardware and another for $40 with a Supra - they’re not particularly popular like old ludwigs or Gretsch or sonar. Not bad though. I’d value them at like $300 Canadian at most.
    Fiberglass nerd; sizes: 22", 16x2, 14x2, 13, 10, 8

Current Project: 14x6 Pearl Fiberglass Snare conversion