Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by iCe View Post
    Pay 2 more times? You mean you have add-ons on their way?

I really love the look of CRB's and other (clear) acrylic kits, but i always miss the warm sound wood kits have. I must add that i never played an acrylic kit and that i base this purely on videos and recordings. So, go wood hehe
    I think he meant he is going to pay twice as much and change to DW drums. Depending on which model from DW, it can be 2, 3, 4, or 5 times as much.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    I think he meant he is going to pay twice as much and change to DW drums. Depending on which model from DW, it can be 2, 3, 4, or 5 times as much.
    A yes, that makes sense haha
    Pearl BCX in Lava Bubinga | Pics
    22x18 (2), 8x7, 10x8, 12x9, 14x14, 16x16, 14x6.5" Pearl Kapur snare drum

Pearl VBA in Dynamite Burst e-kit | Pics
    22x18, 10x7, 12x8, 14x12, 16x14, 14x5.5 matching snare

3. Combo Marketing Manager

Quote Originally Posted by billyo00769 View Post
    Great advice. Thanks.
    These CRB drums are a pain in the butt. They are delivered cracked sometimes, hard to clean and can't get sizes you want.
    Pearl is difficult to deal with or contact anyone. When you do get through they just say NO.
    I'm going to pay 2 times more and go with DW WOOD drums.
    Billy!

I am so sorry you have been having a hard time contacting us! Pearl has made a great investment to assure we are the easiest company to contact in our industry, from our CONTACT email portal on the website to monitoring these threads in areas where we can help.

In regard to the sizes you have requested in Crystal Beat toms, there are some limits in manufacturing from time to time. In this case it is the molds needed to make certain sized drums in larger quantities. We currently have a more refined selection of acrylic sizes to choose from (I am sure you can appreciate that this is a very specialized material,) and have not seen a large demand for other sizes to be made available for special order.

The kit made for the artist to which you refer was a prototype kit made here in the USA from a seamed acrylic shell. It was from this kit that we began investigating a return to Pearl's original seamless acrylic shell, and thus were the molds built for the sizes most often requested and played.

We do our best to be as interactive as possible with all Pearl drummers, especially those that have made as deep an investment in the brand as you have. Unfortunately there are some limits that -try as we may- are very difficult to overcome on a more individual basis.

We sincerely hope you find nothing but the best experience in playing this magnificent kit; please keep us posted on how everything turns out and let us know through the channels mentioned how we can help make it exceptional.

All the best,

Kpack @ Pearl

4. Registered User

Btw, how do you like those Zildjians?

Reason that i ask this is because i play in a rock band (and play Zildjian myself), but i think i need some thicker and brighter crashes that can keep up with the guitars. I use a K Custom Dark crash (18") and a K Dark Thin (19"). Also have a 16 and 18" A Medium Thin Crashes and thinking of getting a 19 and/or 20" Medium Thin Crash(es) to complement the 18" (probably won't use the 16")
    Pearl BCX in Lava Bubinga | Pics
    22x18 (2), 8x7, 10x8, 12x9, 14x14, 16x16, 14x6.5" Pearl Kapur snare drum

Pearl VBA in Dynamite Burst e-kit | Pics
    22x18, 10x7, 12x8, 14x12, 16x14, 14x5.5 matching snare