Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Registered User

Default Lava Bubinga finish possible for upcoming Masterworks kit?

To the guys at Pearl Drums:
    I am looking to get a Masterworks kit in the color Lava Bubinga, from the old Masters BCX line... color #818. When this was done for the Masters BCX, it was explained that the outer finish was not actual Bubinga wood, but it looked so much like it, and it was such a beautiful color!!!!! I want this color for my Masterworks idea, but my question is, is this possible to do without being charged as if it were an actual Artisan wood veneer? And if it is possible, what would the outer plies of wood need to be to achieve that Lava Bubinga color concept? (Inside, I plan on having 2 plies of mahogany on my toms with the reinforcement rings, and 2 plies of the outer wood for a 4-ply shell, and 6 plies of mahogany in the bass drum, plus the 2 plies of outer wood for an 8-ply shell.) Please guys let me know, I would really appreciate it. Thanks a million in advance!!!

2. Marketing Manager of Integrated Media

I spoke with our Masterworks guy Tom Storch and he'll check with the factory about getting the Artisan II BCX finish versus actual Bubinga. PM me your direct contact info and we'll start an official ticket on your request.

Thanks for the question.

3. Registered User

No word yet?

4. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainKDJ View Post
    No word yet?
    When Tom Storch gets involved, the process ALWAYS becomes longer, and ALWAYS includes apologies like "sorry for response delay", "please forgive my tardiness here", or "please forgive the delay here"... it may be too long for some people to bare. I know I will never have to worry about this again. Those quotes were all copy/pasted from e-mails sent to me by Tom. I have plenty more.

If you ever get an e-mail like this, I would cancel it before it's too late!

"Thank you for your understanding and patience, I know this has been a bit of a drag...but, we'll get things going and get the set."

Sorry for the negative truth. Furthermore, I definitely wouldn't pay Masterworks pricing for a faux exotic wood finish. There are companies using Alpi engineered exotic wood veneers that are beautiful, and much more affordable, including Mapex and Ludwig.

On a positive note... HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    I'M INTERESTED IN SELLING SOME OF MY PEARL SNARE DRUMS AND/OR SELLING THE BLACK HARDWARE ONLY. IF YOU WANT TO CHECK THEM OUT, CLICK THE LINK FOR MY WEBSITE BELOW. GO TO DRUMS/SNARE DRUMS. MESSAGE ME WITH ANY OFFERS.

My website ===> CLICK HERE
    My eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE

5. Registered User

you too Drumming 4 Life, Happy New Year! I am not worried, I can get another finish. Real tamo wood!

6. Playing since 1976

you too Drumming 4 Life, Happy New Year! I am not worried, I can get another finish. Real tamo wood!
    Happy New Year!

That's an option as well... now you're talking Masterworks Artisan pricing, which is considerably more. If you're interesting in choosing a finish, and seeing color samples, it will take a minimum of 6-8 months to get your completed drums, maybe more. If you are willing to pick a finish without seeing color samples, you're looking at possibly 4-6 months.
    I'M INTERESTED IN SELLING SOME OF MY PEARL SNARE DRUMS AND/OR SELLING THE BLACK HARDWARE ONLY. IF YOU WANT TO CHECK THEM OUT, CLICK THE LINK FOR MY WEBSITE BELOW. GO TO DRUMS/SNARE DRUMS. MESSAGE ME WITH ANY OFFERS.

My website ===> CLICK HERE
    My eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE

7. Registered User

I think I found a color, without needing to see any samples. So I don't need the Lava Bubinga concept anymore. Might as well spend the money on real Tamo wood. Thanks a lot Drumming 4 Life, for your input and advice!!!

8. Experienced Noob

I think I found a color, without needing to see any samples. So I don't need the Lava Bubinga concept anymore. Might as well spend the money on real Tamo wood. Thanks a lot Drumming 4 Life, for your input and advice!!!
    You probably know this, but you can get a real bubinga outer ply as well. It's the same price as tamo.

9. Registered User

I would wait with ordering the kit until after NAMM '17. Apparently, Pearl is going to announce some new stuff for Masterworks and maybe they're some options you're going to like.

10. PDF Bashing Team Cap

Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    I would wait with ordering the kit until after NAMM '17. Apparently, Pearl is going to announce some new stuff for Masterworks and maybe they're some options you're going to like.
    Unless it's satin hardware, my anaconda don't want none.

11. Experienced Noob

Quote Originally Posted by Feenix View Post
    Unless it's satin hardware, my anaconda don't want none.
    I think black nickel hardware would be a big draw. That said, my wife reminded me just last night that I'm done buying drums for a very long time (I believe the phrase was something along the lines "rest of your life"), so there's no need for Pearl to do that just for me.

12. The Hardware Guy

Never had a problem receiving timely and accurate information/answers from Tom.
    PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest