Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    ?? I have not a clue what you're trying to say with simply a "?"
    Same here. The single question mark left me perplexed. Thanks for adding the second one though, because that cleared everything up for me!
    Guru Tour padauk segmented 12, 16, 22, 7x14
    Tama Star (green cordia) 10, 12, 16, 22, 6x13
    Tama Starclassic Bubinga Select (marbled green metallic) 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22, 5x14
    DW Collectors (graphics) 12, 16, 24, 6x14
    Tama Starclassic bubinga (light jade) and maple (Caribbean blue)

2. Registered User

I just find it interesting how little people know about each other on these sites, yet presume much.

3. Kennedy Camden

Quote Originally Posted by sticks4drums View Post
    I just find it interesting how little people know about each other on these sites, yet presume much.
    Though Matt and I only "know" each other on here, he lives in my hometown last I checked. He went to the sister high school of mine and we actually know a lot of the same people.

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    That's great. Make sure to let us know how everything works out. What's the ETA? April? May? June? It would be interesting to see if they improve their delivery time.
    I might be in the minority but I am not overly concerned with delivery time...of course if it were a year late I would express my displeasure but a company meeting their ETA on Item X is only one factor that contributes to my overall satisfaction of a product or purchase. I do not think it is fair to publicly besmirch a man regarding a negative experience you may have had based on factors that (odds are) were out of his control

5. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by Thrush View Post
    I didn't say I have any MW drums, nor the experience. I simply said I've never had a problem receiving timely and accurate responses from Tom Storch. You should probably wind your neck in, you're making yourself look a fool.
    Tom Storch is the inside person at Pearl drums who handles Masterworks orders. Of course he would answer your e-mails to see if he could get a sale. Without qualifying your contradiction, it may have led some members to believe you actually had experience ordering/receiving Masterworks drums. It's kind of like writing a review on Amazon, when you never purchased the product. That's why they have "Verified Purchase" badges on reviews, so the shoppers at least have that context when they read a review.

Quote Originally Posted by sundevil View Post
    I might be in the minority but I am not overly concerned with delivery time...of course if it were a year late I would express my displeasure but a company meeting their ETA on Item X is only one factor that contributes to my overall satisfaction of a product or purchase. I do not think it is fair to publicly besmirch a man regarding a negative experience you may have had based on factors that (odds are) were out of his control
    Of course, and I hope your order arrives safely, and exactly how you imagined it. Just to be clear, I've ordered over 50 Masterworks drums, with over half of them arriving with mistakes or quality control issues. Part of it was my fault, by giving Pearl so many opportunities to live up to the high standards portrayed in the Masterworks advertisements. I had several orders that took over a year to complete, but I hope that doesn't happen to you.
    My website ===> CLICK HERE
    My eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    My facebook page ===> CLICK HERE
    My YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE

6. The Hardware Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Tom Storch is the inside person at Pearl drums who handles Masterworks orders. Of course he would answer your e-mails to see if he could get a sale. Without qualifying your contradiction, it may have led some members to believe you actually had experience ordering/receiving Masterworks drums. It's kind of like writing a review on Amazon, when you never purchased the product. That's why they have "Verified Purchase" badges on reviews, so the shoppers at least have that context when they read a review.
    I'm fully aware of who he is. I've spoken with him on several occasions. It's nothing like writing a review. I fail to understand why some of you are trying to read more into something than there actually is. Not everything written on the internet is a riddle or something to try and catch you out - some things can be taken literally. You have had communication issues with Tom, and you voiced those in your post. I then voiced my experience - when I have contacted Tom, I have never had any problems receiving accurate and timely replies. There really isn't another way to word it, hence why I keep repeating it. I'm not sure what else you want from me....?
    PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”

7. Kennedy Camden

Quote Originally Posted by sundevil View Post
    I'm a pretty laid back client myself. I've always said I'm amazed how anal some people are. If you're paying top dollar, I can see high demands, but when I see some complaints on kits that are not even $1000 for a five piece, I just shake my head.

Not knowing Matt's details, but considering the money he's paid, his complaints seem fair. That said, with the Internet being what it is, most post are not. I've noticed it with the two businesses I own most complaints are by people who think their $30 is worth more than someone else's $30. They have gourmet taste with a fast food budget. Then to call a product or service a ripoff without the inner knowledge of the company's expenses is completely out of line and ignorant.

8. Registered User

On the other hand and totally unrelated perhaps: i very much like this Tama finish and reminds me of the Lava Bubinga finish
    (Molten Brown Burst )

Pearl BCX in Lava Bubinga | Pics
    22x18 (2), 8x7, 10x8, 12x9, 14x14, 16x16, 14x6.5" Pearl Kapur snare drum

Pearl VBA in Dynamite Burst | Pics
    22x18, 10x7, 12x8, 14x12, 16x14, 14x5.5 matching snare

Alesis DM10 | Pics

9. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by iCe View Post
    On the other hand and totally unrelated perhaps: i very much like this Tama finish and reminds me of the Lava Bubinga finish
    (Molten Brown Burst )

Very pretty finish! It's not wood grain, I wonder how they do it?
    My website ===> CLICK HERE
    My eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    My facebook page ===> CLICK HERE
    My YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE

10. a.k.a. YtseJam

Watercolor.