Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 75 of 123 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast
  1. Chomp, Chomp

Opinions please. I found this on Musicians Friend. It's an MCX shell with maple in the center and outer and inner veneers of bubinga. It also has the new nickel hardware. It's $300 and they have a 15% off sale and I have $86 in backstage points. They points expire in May.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Drumming since 1961.
    MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Paiste Cymbals

2. Unban nik12

Quote Originally Posted by quicksticks View Post
    Opinions please. I found this on Musicians Friend. It's an MCX shell with maple in the center and outer and inner veneers of bubinga. It also has the new nickel hardware. It's $300 and they have a 15% off sale and I have $86 in backstage points. They points expire in May.
    Go for it. Less than $200 for that thing

3. Registered User

I agree, it looks great and that would be a great price! Go for it!

4. life start at 125bpm

at this price if it instills a meh nothing is lost; an immediate resale would recover the expense , possibly a little more
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

5. Chomp, Chomp

Quote Originally Posted by MitchLyons View Post
    Go for it. Less than $200 for that thing
    Quote Originally Posted by LDdrummer View Post
    I agree, it looks great and that would be a great price! Go for it!
    Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    at this price if it instills a meh nothing is lost; an immediate resale would recover the expense , possibly a little more
    Thanks for the input. I have the same thoughts. The drum won't sound much different than my MCX snare, but will afford me the opportunity to keep one tuned high and one tuned low. It's also a different look. It's a satin finish with nickel hardware. I can't let my backstage credit expire. I don't need heads or sticks. I don't need any cymbals, but the looks of the new Paiste color sound intrigued me. Unfortunately, the sound samples were not to my liking.

I also like the looks of the Tama SLP G-Bubinga snare. I'm not sure if it's because of the figuring or if it's because it's a gloss finish, but I find the looks of the Tama more appealing. The Pearl has nickel plated die cast hoops, which I like, but the Tama has a very slick throw off and adjustable butt. Hmmm
    Drumming since 1961.
    MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Paiste Cymbals

6. Starclassic Guy

Thanks for the input. I have the same thoughts. The drum won't sound much different than my MCX snare, but will afford me the opportunity to keep one tuned high and one tuned low. It's also a different look. It's a satin finish with nickel hardware. I can't let my backstage credit expire. I don't need heads or sticks. I don't need any cymbals, but the looks of the new Paiste color sound intrigued me. Unfortunately, the sound samples were not to my liking. I also like the looks of the Tama SLP G-Bubinga snare. I'm not sure if it's because of the figuring or if it's because it's a gloss finish, but I find the looks of the Tama more appealing. The Pearl has nickel plated die cast hoops, which I like, but the Tama has a very slick throw off and adjustable butt. Hmmm
    I have a G-bubinga. It is one of the nicest looking snares I've ever seen. And the interior of the shell is gorgeous too. It also has a very very wide tuning range. I used it to record an EP recently and tuned it about mid, but it sounds great as a low, fat drum, and had a great snap when tuned high because of the thick shell. I'll take a couple of shots of it up close when I get home.
    http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/al...p?albumid=1153 <---- My Drums

Formerly TreCoolFool

7. Starclassic Guy

G bubinga.

Formerly TreCoolFool

8. Starclassic Guy

Interior.

Formerly TreCoolFool

9. Chomp, Chomp

Quote Originally Posted by PhilB1029 View Post
    I have a G-bubinga. It is one of the nicest looking snares I've ever seen. And the interior of the shell is gorgeous too. It also has a very very wide tuning range. I used it to record an EP recently and tuned it about mid, but it sounds great as a low, fat drum, and had a great snap when tuned high because of the thick shell. I'll take a couple of shots of it up close when I get home.
    That sure is a beauty. I have two SLP snares and really like both a lot. I have the acrylic mirage and the Dynamic Bronze.
    Drumming since 1961.
    MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Paiste Cymbals

10. Touch Too Much!

I still have only 2 snares but I love them both. If I were to get another it would either be a Ref snare or a Brass Free Floater. I'll check my MF points but I'd better get a new dishwasher before another snare. Ours broke just after NYE.

That Tama SLP looks inviting.
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians
    My Kit; http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/at...8&d=1290113760

MASTERS ARMY

11. Starclassic Guy

That sure is a beauty. I have two SLP snares and really like both a lot. I have the acrylic mirage and the Dynamic Bronze.
    I also have the SLP black brass. I originally got it to be my main go to snare, but I really wanted to get into the bubinga game, and the price was right on the G-bubinga. It's kind of become my main. The black brass sounds awesome, but it's really too thick for anything besides heavy rock and metal. I want more slp snares but I don't want to look obsessive with them. You just can't beat their price:feature ratio.

Formerly TreCoolFool

12. Skeld-the -wicked

That's a nice looking Snare Marv and it looks like a good deal.
    6 pc Masters Premium Diamond Burst
    6 pc Masters MMX Midnight Purple Fade
    All Pearl Hardware
    Zildjan As & Ks