Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 80 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
  1. Away From The World

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    +1 on the video Lonny! I want to see your band in action!
    Many of us do indeed!

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
    8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 22x18

2. Chomp, Chomp

Surely someone in the crowd will have a smart phone. Have them record your band and email it to you.
    Drumming since 1961.
    MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Paiste Cymbals

3. Feed Your Head!

My rechargable batteries don't last very long in my camera until they need another charge. I think the bass player has a video cam in his phone. I'll try.

Today I was warming up to the old Exports and the beater to the DW 5000 single pedal fell apart! I have had that pedal since 1988 but this was a new experience. Guess I'll put my old dbl Eliminator Power Shifter on the Exports for this outdoor event.

I still have no pic of Randy; the guitarist. Wonder if Tony made our fliers yet.
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians
    My Kit; http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/at...8&d=1290113760

MASTERS ARMY

4. Registered User

Glad the thread continues! 1.5 working days till vacation starts, counting down the hours... Heading to Ocean City, MD on Sunday. It cannot come soon enough.
    Pearl Professional DLX - 8,10,12,13,16,22 Wine Red
    Pearl MMX - 10, 12, 14, 16, 22 Diamond Burst

5. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by HBG1989 View Post
    Glad the thread continues! 1.5 working days till vacation starts, counting down the hours... Heading to Ocean City, MD on Sunday. It cannot come soon enough.
    Have a nice vacation! I'm leaving Saturday, but only for a few days. I plan to do nothing but get away from the day-to-day tediousness, like dealing with 2 dogs and 1 cat... all getting older. By brother has had cats and dogs, at least 3 at any given time, for the last 25 years. Now, he has NONE and couldn't feel more free and happy LOL
    My website ===> CLICK HERE
    My eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    My facebook page ===> CLICK HERE
    My YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE

6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    My current band is called OR for Ole Rockers..............................
    I'm 52 years old and still love the drums as much as when I started at age 19. Seeing the photos of your band guys in all your glorious imperfection is like looking in the mirror at me and my band guys. Music is our escape and we're best of friends. I feel as though I'm amongst friends on this forum as well.

7. Feed Your Head!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy H View Post
    I'm 52 years old and still love the drums as much as when I started at age 19. Seeing the photos of your band guys in all your glorious imperfection is like looking in the mirror at me and my band guys. Music is our escape and we're best of friends. I feel as though I'm amongst friends on this forum as well.
    Welcome! You're only as old as you feel. We've been getting monsoon rains lately here in burque. Last night it was a down pour in the foot hills by my mom's house and it was still raining all the way to my house on the SW Mesa. That's about 30 miles of rain that I know of. Kids sometimes play in the diversion ditches and don't know that it's raining way up in the heights. Some get saved and sometimes they don't. It's very advertised that "Ditches Are Deadly" but I guess they are also the best places to skateboard outside parks created for that. It's predicted rain for the rest of the week and more. We always need the water.
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians

MASTERS ARMY

8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    Welcome! You're only as old as you feel. We've been getting monsoon rains lately here in burque. Last night it was a down pour in the foot hills by my mom's house and it was still raining all the way to my house on the SW Mesa. That's about 30 miles of rain that I know of. Kids sometimes play in the diversion ditches and don't know that it's raining way up in the heights. Some get saved and sometimes they don't. It's very advertised that "Ditches Are Deadly" but I guess they are also the best places to skateboard outside parks created for that. It's predicted rain for the rest of the week and more. We always need the water.
    Thanks. Michigan normally has beautiful Summers. Right now, it couldn't be nicer: 80-some degrees, partly sunny, nice breeze, low humidity. Our only downfall is the Winters! You never hear of anybody from New Mexico visiting my neck of the woods in February do you?

9. Feed Your Head!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy H View Post
    Thanks. Michigan normally has beautiful Summers. Right now, it couldn't be nicer: 80-some degrees, partly sunny, nice breeze, low humidity. Our only downfall is the Winters! You never hear of anybody from New Mexico visiting my neck of the woods in February do you?
    -40 degrees keeps the riff raft out. We get a little snow in the city and more in the mountains in the winter. It's the same as the heights gets more and way over here gets less. I certainly could live without snow but the skiers always want it.

https://youtu.be/FwNOmS78q-o
    PEARL DRUMS

MASTERS ARMY

10. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Have a nice vacation! I'm leaving Saturday, but only for a few days. I plan to do nothing but get away from the day-to-day tediousness, like dealing with 2 dogs and 1 cat... all getting older. By brother has had cats and dogs, at least 3 at any given time, for the last 25 years. Now, he has NONE and couldn't feel more free and happy LOL
    That's awesome, enjoy!! Where are you heading?

11. Registered User

Between Nova and Skeld talking about more tommage, I took the plunge!

Skeld was kind enough to work up a deal on the MMX diamond burst toms that matched his premium kit.

I added a 13x10 and 14x11 tom. My set up is now: 10x8 rack tom 12x9 rack tom 13x10 rack tom 14x11 floor tom (left of Hi Hat) 14x12 rack tom 16x14 floor tom 22x18 bass 14x5.5 snare Still deciding and tweeting the setup, but having a blast with it!

Not the best pics, but you get the idea!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

12. Feed Your Head!

That's Incredible Tommage!
    PEARL DRUMS

MASTERS ARMY