Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 76 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
  1. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by quicksticks View Post
    Hey all, I'm happy to be a part of the best thread on the PDF. Are the rest of you experiencing an extraordinarily hot summer? I know I live in south Florida and it's the summer, but I've been here since 1974 and the last three summers have been beastly. I'm thinking about canceling golf tomorrow.
    I feel like this summer has been especially hot... but my electric bill says that the average temperature is only 1 degree hotter from this time last year... hmmm... weird.
    Last edited by Drumming-4-Life; 08-01-2016 at 11:57 AM.
    My website ===> CLICK HERE
    My eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    My facebook page ===> CLICK HERE
    My YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE

2. A Passion Play ...

Hey everybody, Just stopping by to say hello. Long live The Red Glass thread.
    Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Icon 501. Masters MCX Chestnut Fade
    22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare. Why not ...

3. Feed Your Head!

We have set new heat records here in NM. We finally got some monsoon type rain showers this last week so we are out of the dry hundreds and back to mid 90's. The weather here is different. In July and August we get afternoon thunder storms that seem to sneak up and dump our yearly water. It sometimes rains really hard in the front yard while the back yard is dry. It's different in Albuquerque from the foot hills to the Heights, to the Valley (into the Rio Grande) and a totally different up the SW Mesa (where I live now); and different still north of here to Paradise Hills, Corrales, and Rio Rancho. We've had dry 107 degree days which are hotter in the SW Mesa and cooler in the foot hills. I've lived in all 4 quadrants and the foothills has the better weather and most rain (NE far North and East).

Since I know how it works here weather wise, I've decided to take my Exports to the picnic. They don't sound as good but they sound all right and if they get rained on I'll cover them for the rain and sun until we play. I've been working out our song list with 2 less drums and single pedal (old DW 5000). If I had traded and got the Decade Maple I would be hard pressed to bring either kit out into a potential cloud burst.
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians
    My Kit; http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/at...8&d=1290113760

MASTERS ARMY

4. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    We have set new heat records here in NM. We finally got some monsoon type rain showers this last week so we are out of the dry hundreds and back to mid 90's. The weather here is different. In July and August we get afternoon thunder storms that seem to sneak up and dump our yearly water. It sometimes rains really hard in the front yard while the back yard is dry. It's different in Albuquerque from the foot hills to the Heights, to the Valley (into the Rio Grande) and a totally different up the SW Mesa (where I live now); and different still north of here to Paradise Hills, Corrales, and Rio Rancho. We've had dry 107 degree days which are hotter in the SW Mesa and cooler in the foot hills. I've lived in all 4 quadrants and the foothills has the better weather and most rain (NE far North and East).

Since I know how it works here weather wise, I've decided to take my Exports to the picnic. They don't sound as good but they sound all right and if they get rained on I'll cover them for the rain and sun until we play. I've been working out our song list with 2 less drums and single pedal (old DW 5000). If I had traded and got the Decade Maple I would be hard pressed to bring either kit out into a potential cloud burst.
    It sounds like you have a good plan Lonny. Do you like using a double pedal? If so, a lower-cost gigging pair would be worth the investment. Of course, the Pearl Demonator double would probably be your choice... and at $189, it's a great pedal. I used one for over a year, and the only maintenance I ever did was add the tiniest drop of oil to top of the springs where they attach to the nylon mechanism.

5. Playing since 1976

I think you use an Eliminator double... I wouldn't want to take that into a possible rainy situation either LOL. I definitely won't take my new pedals anywhere If I need to bring a small kit somewhere, I will get a back up double-pedal.

6. Feed Your Head!

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    I think you use an Eliminator double... I wouldn't want to take that into a possible rainy situation either LOL. I definitely won't take my new pedals anywhere If I need to bring a small kit somewhere, I will get a back up double-pedal.
    I have 2 2002-C Double Eliminator pedals; one I usually use and the other still in the box. I want to get used to doing more with less. 20 days until we're live and I still have lots to do to get ready.
    Last edited by nova; 08-03-2016 at 02:38 PM.
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians

MASTERS ARMY

7. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    I have 2 2002-P Double Eliminator pedals; one I usually use and the other still in the box. I want to get used to doing more with less. 20 days until we're live and I still have lots to do to get ready.
    Don't forget to relax and have fun!

8. Natural Finish Army

Checking in to the new thread. Here's to a long FRIENDLY hang ................................. Long Live the Red Glass Thread.

9. Rogue Ex-Mod

Still the best thread(s) on the PDF.
    My One-Of-A-Kind Masters Premium BRP in #197: http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...d.php?t=216550

Pearl - Ludwig - Zildjian - Sabian - Remo - Evans - Vic Firth

10. Feed Your Head!

Welcome back everyone! These are crazy times we live in!
    PEARL DRUMS

MASTERS ARMY

11. Old Style

Lonny congrats on the new band and hosting another thread (hang out for us to be us).. Hope your future gig goes well . If you are able to get some video or audio please post it...
    Pearl / Zildjian / Pro Mark

12. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by schmasty View Post
    Lonny congrats on the new band and hosting another thread (hang out for us to be us).. Hope your future gig goes well . If you are able to get some video or audio please post it...
    +1 on the video Lonny! I want to see your band in action!