Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 75 of 126 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125 ... LastLast
  1. life start at 125bpm

here we MUST put winter tires from november to april. otherwise it's a fine. i wouldn't want to drive on ice and snow with summer tires ; highway havoc waiting to happen lolll.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

2. Away From The World

Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    We saw pics of beached whales on the coast of NZ. Have you been helping them back in the water? Is it because of sonar that they came on ground? One of those whales could feed a family for a long time, but we feel close to them.
    The stranding of Pilot whales is common at a place called Farewell Spit on the NW tip of the South Island, over 200mi from me.

This time many hundreds stranded and hundreds died, despite the best efforts of many to send them back to sea. The carcasses on the beach are an issue, in the summer heat they bloat and then explode, which is quite nasty.

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
    8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 22x18

3. life start at 125bpm

the fragrance emanating from there....LOL!!

https://youtu.be/7X0hq0ug9q4
    Last edited by rollracer; 02-15-2017 at 08:37 AM.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

4. Let's Go Dodgers!

Yuck! Wonder what makes them come out of the water? Glad you weren't close to it but fires can be worse.

Still no bass player. If I didn't play drums I would play bass.

https://youtu.be/UEHwO_UEp7A
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians
    My Kit; http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/at...8&d=1290113760

MASTERS ARMY

5. Away From The World

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    the fragrance emanating for there....LOL!!

https://youtu.be/7X0hq0ug9q4
    LOL Nelson! Well not funny if it explodes on you!

Yuck! Wonder what makes them come out of the water? Glad you weren't close to it but fires can be worse.

Still no bass player. If I didn't play drums I would play bass.
    You made me laugh Lonny haha! I think the whale carcasses could be pet food or something, though probably more cost than it's worth.

I hope your band members turn up!

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
    8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 22x18

6. Registered User

Why no bass player, Lonny?
    Emerald Fade MMX kit: 22x18 10x8,12x9,14x11,14x12,16x16,6.5x14 snare or 6x14 Black Nickel Hammered Pearl Sensitone
    1964 Blue Glass glitter Rogers Cleveland Era Holiday drums
    8x12, 16x16, 14x20, 5x14 Powertone Snare

7. Skeld-the -wicked

Lonny , good luck with the search for a bass player. My Brother , nephew and I are going on a spring break road trip 3/17 to 3/24 and one of our destinations is the southwest Grand Canyon, Four corners then to San Francisco and big sur , Yosemite area.

It will be a lot of road to cover in a weeks time but if at all possible I would like to meet you if we happen to be near Albuquerque and if it would be convenient for both of us that would be cool.

As other members have shared this thread is the best on the PDF . My favorite Frank Zappa quote- All the great music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.

If I'm not mistaken the song Uncle Remis has a verse I think I'LL take a drive up to Beverly Hills and knock the little jockeys off the rich people's lawns and before they wake up I'Ll be gone !
    Last edited by skeld-the-wicked; 02-16-2017 at 04:02 AM.
    5 pc Masters Premium Diamond Burst
    6 pc Masters MMX Midnight Purple Fade
    A&K custom cymbals.

8. Let's Go Dodgers!

NM is one of the 4 Corners. That is a bit North of ABQ, but not too far. I have been in all 4 states but not at the 4 Corners. I've been to SF, and though it is a pretty city with great public transportation; I prefer LA by far. I lived there in downtown SF (The City as referred to in the Bay Area) and the tension seemed to be more like an Eastern Big City. It was all Union so the money was good. SF has grown high since there is little land on the peninsula where "The City" is. Then across the Bay is Oakland and Silicon Valley plus many wineries and a mountain area. I believe Marin County is to the North and Stanford is to the south. The anxiety of a big city will not affect you on such a short stay. Walking downtown seemed to feature a thousand people walking with you and another thousand coming at you. LA is much more spread out.

Sounds like a great trip and do get in touch. Rhythm Devil Paul lived in the mountains north of there and I'm fairly positive Al Percival is from the Bay Area.
    CA is a great state to be from!

We still have not found a bass player but I think we can start with 2 guitars, vocals, and drums. Maybe a bass player will show up today!
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians

MASTERS ARMY

9. Registered User

Hi Guys , it has been a moment ... I am going to ask Quick Stix about his Thin DW snare I have the same model but the thick Shell 3mm since he got his before Christmas he should have a handle on it any feed back from Quick would be great - Lonny bass players and drummers come and go, I have been really lucky to find (2) good guys to play with as bass players in two projects that gig in the last 7 months , its luck - I agree why can't people get along to play I played for well over 6 years with a fantastic bass player who is splitting time between FLA and GA for work having sold his Atlanta house very quick so Somebody will get a good player just north of DAB , The one thing with older players is talk it out and try to make it work on stage, When speaking of this Ex bass player the thing was is we did try to serve the music but work as a unit, We had our cross moments but we had far more great moments than bad - good luck I looked for 5 months to find a bass player so good luck Lonny

Back to my question QuickStix - or any one I have the DW 14 x 6'5 thick Aluminum Snare it rocks but a little bright is the thin model the Ticket - and You pearl only guys my Fav is still my Maple FF 14 x 6.5 so no defection I had a 2015 Sensitone aluminum it was awesome ....
    available
    BLX 14"x 12" artic '' white tom
    MMX 14 x 6.5 SNARE GOLD Hdw
    Purple Mist
    For Sale
    MMX 14x6.5 Gold HDW
    purple Mist snare

10. Chomp, Chomp

Quote Originally Posted by richie rich View Post
    Hi Guys , it has been a moment ... I am going to ask Quick Stix about his Thin DW snare I have the same model but the thick Shell 3mm since he got his before Christmas he should have a handle on it any feed back from Quick would be great - Lonny bass players and drummers come and go, I have been really lucky to find (2) good guys to play with as bass players in two projects that gig in the last 7 months , its luck - I agree why can't people get along to play I played for well over 6 years with a fantastic bass player who is splitting time between FLA and GA for work having sold his Atlanta house very quick so Somebody will get a good player just north of DAB , The one thing with older players is talk it out and try to make it work on stage, When speaking of this Ex bass player the thing was is we did try to serve the music but work as a unit, We had our cross moments but we had far more great moments than bad - good luck I looked for 5 months to find a bass player so good luck Lonny Back to my question QuickStix - or any one I have the DW 14 x 6'5 thick Aluminum Snare it rocks but a little bright is the thin model the Ticket - and You pearl only guys my Fav is still my Maple FF 14 x 6.5 so no defection I had a 2015 Sensitone aluminum it was awesome ....
    I just recently put the DW back on the snare rack. I played it exclusively for over two months. It's a very nice drum. If I had to use one word to describe it, it would be dry.
    It's not bright at all. Now, I gave the 5.5X14 model, so it's not exactly apples to apples. I really like the Mag strainer and the true pitch tension rods.

On a side note, I've been playing my Tama Dynamic Bronze snare for a few weeks and it rocks. It could be the nicest sounding snare I own. It's articulate at all volumes, requires little or no damping and produces really sweet rim shots. There's some video demonstrations of the DW thin shell and the Tama. Why don't you have a listen and report back. The sound in the video is pretty accurate. I used a Drum Dial to tune both drums. I tuned both snare sides the same way. I tensioned the six lugs that are not adjacent to the snare beds to 82 and the four lugs adjacent to the beds to 80. On the DW, I tuned the batter to 88 and on the Tama, I tuned the batter to 89.

I would consider both if these drums to be workhorses. They both have a wide tuning range and would work with any type of music.
    Drumming since 1961.
    MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Paiste Cymbals

11. Let's Go Dodgers!

It's Jam Day!

I live for this!
    PEARL DRUMS

MASTERS ARMY

12. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by quicksticks View Post
    I just recently put the DW back on the snare rack. I played it exclusively for over two months. It's a very nice drum. If I had to use one word to describe it, it would be dry.
    It's not bright at all. Now, I gave the 5.5X14 model, so it's not exactly apples to apples. I really like the Mag strainer and the true pitch tension rods.

On a side note, I've been playing my Tama Dynamic Bronze snare for a few weeks and it rocks. It could be the nicest sounding snare I own. It's articulate at all volumes, requires little or no damping and produces really sweet rim shots. There's some video demonstrations of the DW thin shell and the Tama. Why don't you have a listen and report back. The sound in the video is pretty accurate. I used a Drum Dial to tune both drums. I tuned both snare sides the same way. I tensioned the six lugs that are not adjacent to the snare beds to 82 and the four lugs adjacent to the beds to 80. On the DW, I tuned the batter to 88 and on the Tama, I tuned the batter to 89.

I would consider both if these drums to be workhorses. They both have a wide tuning range and would work with any type of music.
    I understand your drum dial settings now Marv. They are not comparable to the Tama tension watch. The drum dial is more sensitive. for an example, 90 on the drum dial was around 75 on the tension watch. That's why I was puzzled by your drum dial numbers when we talked about it in the past. I would think "I can't even get my snare side head to 82, how is he getting it so tight?" LOL

It's Jam Day!

I live for this!
    Have a good time Lonny!
    My website ===> CLICK HERE
    My eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    My facebook page ===> CLICK HERE
    My YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE