Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 66 of 126 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116 ... LastLast
  1. Registered User

Happy New Year everyone! Congrats Lonny on the USC win, my alma mater, Nittany Lions, had hiccups here and there throughout the game which did them in, but it was certainly entertaining. Both teams look to be back to having bright up and coming years!

I'm a Packers guy along with Paul! Hope they can do ok with out Jordy. Our receiving core is deep, it's our Defense that has been our Achilles lately.

Got a new band starting up Wednesday night! 2000 to today party music. Still coming up with name ideas! We have thrown out 2000 North since that is the time frame we are looking at. Also Naked Ginga Ninjas, The Super Troopers, and 7 Day Vaca. Still throwing new ones into the mix. Not crazy about any of them yet! I'm hoping to be on more and contributing to the best thread on here more this year! Happy 2017 guys!
    Pearl Professional DLX - 8,10,12,13,16,22 Wine Red
    Pearl MMX - 10, 12, 14, 16, 22 Diamond Burst

2. Let's Go Dodgers!

Think I have all new players set for Sunday. I will probably find out if it's a go this afternoon.
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians
    My Kit; http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/at...8&d=1290113760

MASTERS ARMY

3. Chomp, Chomp

Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    They have many great wraps and finishes on the Music City Customs and finding one I like would be easy for me Jeff. I would definitely get the Pure as regular Reference kits are too heavy. I am so happy that USC won the Rose Bowl. It was a fantastic game and was the only college game I watched from start to finish. I also watched some of the Lobos win in the NM Bowl but that really is hardly worth mentioning. As far as the NFL goes, the AFC will be down to just New England and Kansas City after next week. I'm silently pulling for KC but I hope they aren't as good next year. Paul (Skeld) and Nelson are the only ones around that still have a dog in that fight. The Cowboy Fans around here are crazy wild and hard to live with! We owe the Colts, Broncos, and New England beatings and bone crushing. I'm resting and getting ready to start a new band. Because our lead singer rarely appeared except for gigs we added 2 different female vocalists at different times. There was a lot of text fighting about who sings what before the NYE gig and the bassist continued to stress over having to set up the PA and run the sound . A week after a successful gig (they wanted us back after the last 2 gigs) the Ole Rockers imploded. If I find a really good guitarist I think the bass player would return, but I'm in no hurry yet. I hate power fights in bands and LSD! (Lead Singers Disease) My mom is still a hoot after 90 years of living and still goes to play bridge 6 or 7 times a week. We lost my dad 19 years ago but we keep living well. Life is good!
    Sorry to hear about the demise of the Ole Rockers. It seemed like you guys were well received and getting some gigs. The problems you described were no different than those that I had with my band when I was a teenager. Failure to show for rehearsal, fighting over who sings what, and complaining about petty things are not what I'd expect from a bunch of 50 and 60 year olds. It sucks the fun out of playing out. Lonny, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you own the PA? I bet no one was complaining about that. Weren't you just commenting about how considerate the bass player was? I knew that was too good to be true. I wish you luck in finding the right bunch of musicians. I'd still like to find some guys to jam with once or twice a month, but I've given up on the gigging scene. It's not even about the money. The loading, unloading, set up and break down, aren't for me. We get some torrential rain during the rainy season. Nothing is more fun that loading or unloading in rain that's blowing sideways. Many establishments want you to play until 3 or 4 in the morning. I'd rather get up early and hit the links. There was a time when I would have chosen the smokey bar over the golf course.
    How cool that your mom is 90 and out and about. Both of my parents died in their early 70's.

I think the SEC will prevail again tonight, but it will be a close game.
    Drumming since 1961.
    MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Paiste Cymbals

4. Vintage 1968

Quote Originally Posted by phips View Post
    Thanks for all the support guys. As hard as 2016 was for some of us, were still here, hopefully healthy and ready to move forward. So lets do it, we have to much to live for..
    This is true. Sorry for your struggles, as well as some of the other members on here. 2016 gave me a mid-year lay-off, but I had recovered by the end of the year at a better job in a better place. Just keep going, and pushing though, and you will eventually end up in a happier place.

I would buy the Eric Singer Snare in a heartbeat but I'm told I'm too loud already.
    The Eric Singer is sweet, that's for sure. I love mine. My brother loved it, too, and would always look forward to me bringing it to do some recording with..... Except when he was checking mic levels and I would lay into it. Aah, brotherly love.
    Random obscure cool group from my youth:

5. Drumoholic

I'm silently pulling for KC but I hope they aren't as good next year. Paul (Skeld) and Nelson are the only ones around that still have a dog in that fight.
    Hey now, I'm a KC fan! (Because I live in KC lol)
    Church Drummers Army
    Pearl Reference in Scarlet Fade
    Tama Superstar in White Satin Haze
    Pearl - Tama - Zildjian - Vater

6. Skeld-the -wicked

Dang Nova , sorry about the Old Rockers demise. It's not easy keeping a band together . I feel fortunate to be in two bands where egos and availability are not an issue. The Green Bay Packers are on fire and it would be awesome to get a win Sunday.

I was at Super Bowl 31 when the Packers beat the Patriots . It was like a dream come true.

It was great to see the Clemson Tigers win the Championship. What a great comeback !
    5 pc Masters Premium Diamond Burst
    6 pc Masters MMX Midnight Purple Fade
    A&K custom cymbals.

7. Let's Go Dodgers!

If the male lead singer would have come to practice maybe just an hour late, and if he would have shown up to help move the gear; the Ole Rockers would now be getting ready for Valentines Dance at the Heights club for a larger door price. But he never really became a "band member;" just a singer in charge. He would give us songs to work on and not show for us to key off the singing parts. Then we brought in 2 female singers and learned another group of songs. The 1st one was in another band too and the 2nd was in the band before the male singer, but finally found ear plugs that stopped the ringing.

Bill bought a new mixing board but I still have the 2 old ones. One of the 2 Crown power amps and the sub woofers were Bill's. So I have 2 power amps, 4 cabinets, and 2 monitors. He is going to buy lighter stuff and we could start again.

I was shocked to read Clemson came back for a last second victory from the Crimson Tide (former home of Amari Cooper). I do like the Chiefs but they beat the Raiders twice in 2016 and I would like to see us beat them next year. If I can I will watch them in the playoffs as the Chief vs Raiders games are usually the 2 best games of the season.

I set the MCX up in the jam room yesterday and it exhausted me. I don't like being so old but I would rather be seen than viewed!

I feel relief at a fresh start!
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians

MASTERS ARMY

8. Natural Finish Army

Lonny, sorry about the band. It is amazing how stupid and petty people can get. Hope you are able to get something going again.

I've been in a deal here for 5 years now, we can't keep a good singer. We added another rhythm guitar (been through 2 others), the 4 of us get along great. Musically we can hold our own, but singing ........................................ OH BOY. It's to the point we are going to get a few songs we can sing, and get out and do a few open mic nights. So we can at least get out of the basement. Who knows, maybe a singer will be there looking for a band .

Keep the faith Lonny, and remember, we do this because we enjoy it ........................

9. Let's Go Dodgers!

Quote Originally Posted by dudme View Post
    This is true. Sorry for your struggles, as well as some of the other members on here. 2016 gave me a mid-year lay-off, but I had recovered by the end of the year at a better job in a better place. Just keep going, and pushing though, and you will eventually end up in a happier place.

The Eric Singer is sweet, that's for sure. I love mine. My brother loved it, too, and would always look forward to me bringing it to do some recording with..... Except when he was checking mic levels and I would lay into it. Aah, brotherly love.
    ^^^ LMAO! Right now I can play as loud as I wish and have removed all but 1 moon gel from each drum. I might also take the E-Rings off to but they get twisted and stop working after being stored a while. I feel free!
    PEARL DRUMS

MASTERS ARMY

10. Vintage 1968

If the male lead singer would have come to practice maybe just an hour late, and if he would have shown up to help move the gear; the Ole Rockers would now be getting ready for Valentines Dance at the Heights club for a larger door price. But he never really became a "band member;" just a singer in charge. He would give us songs to work on and not show for us to key off the singing parts.
    Sigh, LSD is a real thing. I remember in the 80s I was playing with a band and they brought a pretty good singer in. Bryan Adams style voice. After the first practice I was talking to a guitarist friend of mine from high school and I mentioned that we had tried out a new singer. He asked who, and I told him his name. He said "Good luck with that." I asked him if he knew the guy, and he said "Yeah, he used to sing for us. If he shows up at practice, he'll always bring his girlfriend, sing two or three songs and then start packing up his microphone and have someplace he needs to go." That pretty much summed up our experience with him.
    I was shocked to read Clemson came back for a last second victory from the Crimson Tide[/COLOR] (former home of Amari Cooper). I do like the Chiefs but they beat the Raiders twice in 2016 and I would like to see us beat them next year. If I can I will watch them in the playoffs as the Chief vs Raiders games are usually the 2 best games of the season.
    I married a SC girl (and a USC Gamecocks grad), and lived there for 10 years, so I've lived in Clemson territory. I now live in Crimson Tide country (Alabama) so we paid a bit more attention to the game last night. I'm not one to watch sports on TV, but it was nice to see two teams I know well in the championship.
    I set the MCX up in the jam room yesterday and it exhausted me. I don't like being so old but I would rather be seen than viewed!
    I think that is my new favorite quote!
    Random obscure cool group from my youth:

11. Let's Go Dodgers!

Ha Ha! The USC you spoke of is South Carolina. I meant University of Spoiled Children more commonly known as the University of Southern California. I worked with a doctor that was a quarterback from "The Fighting Gamecocks" and he had braces with pockets to put ice in to help him walk. He was a great guy and ER Doctor and would often call me from the doctor's lounge and tell me what the patients needed. I would expedite that for him. He was my age back then and died from a heart attack on the road. Go Trojans! Go Gamecocks!

I had to go to UNM because my parents had already spent a lot for high school and freshman year in college at NMMI.
    PEARL DRUMS

MASTERS ARMY

12. Chomp, Chomp

If the Gators aren't in the game, then I usually root for the the SEC team if they're playing. I kind of enjoyed watching the Nictator lose. I wouldn't have wanted to be one of his players in the locker room after that game.
    Drumming since 1961.
    MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Paiste Cymbals