Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Registered User

Default Maple Help and Opinions!

I'm looking at a Pearl Prestige Session Select Maple kit. Any and all info on these drums would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much.

2. Rockin' the Cosmos..

late 90's Session Select shells were Maple (2 ply interior+exterior) and Asian Mahogany (5 ply core) .. they were 7 ply - 7.5mm shells

Session didn't become all Maple until the arrival of the SRX Session Custom

What finish we talking about? .. pics?

3. Dirtysticks

I thought it was 2ply maple/3 ply mahogany/2 ply maple?
    -Tama Granstar II Birch (12x11, 16x16, 22x16)
    -Pearl Mixed Series kit (8x7, 10x8, 16x14, 20x14)
    -Meinl Custom Classics Dark
    -Paiste 2002, 602, Rude
    -An array of snare drums

4. Rockin' the Cosmos..

Quote Originally Posted by marquisjohnson22 View Post
    I thought it was 2ply maple/3 ply mahogany/2 ply maple?
    nope .. 1 inner and outer ply of Maple

5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BadAstronaut View Post
    late 90's Session Select shells were Maple (2 ply interior+exterior) and Asian Mahogany (5 ply core) .. they were 7 ply - 7.5mm shells Session didn't become all Maple until the arrival of the SRX Session Custom What finish we talking about? .. pics?

Ebony Stain. 7 piece including matching snare. Double bass + 2 up - 2 down. Trying to get pic.

6. Registered User

Here's a worse pic of a bad pic to begin with. Sorry, but it's what I've got.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

7. Rockin' the Cosmos..

7 pc? sweet! .. thanks for pic Rocker ... finish is #122 Black-Mist .. looks like someone replaced the stock ISS mounts with Opti's .. .. that's good

Superhoops, SP-30's and air suspension feet are stock on these shells

what's the asking price?

8. Registered User

7 pc? sweet! .. thanks for pic Rocker ... finish is #122 Black-Mist .. looks like someone replaced the stock ISS mounts with Opti's .. .. that's good Superhoops, SP-30's and air suspension feet are stock on these shells what's the asking price?
    $900.00

9. Registered User

$900.00 seems like a lot if they are late '90's drums plus they are out if state so there would be shipping involved. But they're kinda the kit I'm looking for 22x16x2 10" 12" 16" 18" 14" snare...and black!

Opinions? They're very welcomed and appreciated.

10. Registered User

Note that you can't custom order drums for this series anymore (not sure what difference that makes to your decision).
    Do you have the info you need from BA above? I probably have the catalogue somewhere.
    Pearl/Dixon/Paiste/LP/Remo/Pro-Mark 5ABN

11. Rockin' the Cosmos..

Quote Originally Posted by therocker View Post
    $900.00 seems like a lot if they are late '90's drums plus they are out if state so there would be shipping involved. But they're kinda the kit I'm looking for 22x16x2 10" 12" 16" 18" 14" snare...and black!

Opinions? They're very welcomed and appreciated.
    yeah .. $900 is high for a 90's Session (maple/mahogany) .. but there's that 18" and two 22's .. so there's that .. shipping a kit that size is going to be at least $200 unless it's coming from GC

It better be in clean - cared for condition for that price ... if this is color you want and sizes you want then do what you gotta do

12. Registered User

yeah .. $900 is high for a 90's Session (maple/mahogany) .. but there's that 18" and two 22's .. so there's that .. shipping a kit that size is going to be at least $200 unless it's coming from GC It better be in clean - cared for condition for that price ... if this is color you want and sizes you want then do what you gotta do
    The 18" and 22s are a big selling point. I guess I miss my yellow exports more than I thought I would. If shipped through GC would it be cheaper or free would be even better. I'll continue in a bit...