Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by David Hollywood View Post
    Oh wow, yeah that's a bit of a drive. Why did I think you were in Moline???
    Where I live, a 3 hour drive is nothing. Most folks around here commute 1 - 1 1/2 hr. to work. If I did come up, I could crash on your couch! Seriously though, if I did, I could stay in Macomb on the way back. That would cut the trip in half.

2. Rogue Ex-Mod

Quote Originally Posted by therocker View Post
    Where I live, a 3 hour drive is nothing. Most folks around here commute 1 - 1 1/2 hr. to work. If I did come up, I could crash on your couch! Seriously though, if I did, I could stay in Macomb on the way back. That would cut the trip in half.
    If it was my house you could totally crash on the couch! You would have to come to Cedar Rapids though. The "band house" belongs to the guitar player. You are absolutely welcome to stop by and hang out but I'd have to check with him on crashing on the couch.

Seriously though, I'm in Davenport for practice at least once or twice a month, generally on Saturdays, so if you want to hang out sometime we absolutely can. It would be fun to jam or hang out or get a picture together for the PDF. I've only met a couple other PDF members in the past.
    My One-Of-A-Kind Masters Premium BRP in #197: http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...d.php?t=216550

Pearl - Ludwig - Zildjian - Sabian - Remo - Evans - Vic Firth

3. Registered User

Hope the gig went well. If I didn't drive such a gas hog I'd probably would've made the trip. I am looking into a used 4 cylinder car. Something that gets more than 13 mpg.

4. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

If it wasn't for the snare, I don't think I could find that kit on a dark stage before the show started.

5. Rogue Ex-Mod

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    If it wasn't for the snare, I don't think I could find that kit on a dark stage before the show started.
    Yeah once I get the matching snare I'll have to get one of those little flags like they put on the back of scooters.
    My One-Of-A-Kind Masters Premium BRP in #197: http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...d.php?t=216550

6. Rogue Ex-Mod

Hope the gig went well. If I didn't drive such a gas hog I'd probably would've made the trip. I am looking into a used 4 cylinder car. Something that gets more than 13 mpg.
    Eh, it was just a practice but it did go pretty well. This band has been practicing in Davenport for about 5 years now so I don't think that'll change anytime soon. You are more than welcome to come up sometime if you have a free Saturday.

7. Registered User

GC has a used 10" for $99...but it has black hardware!

8. Rogue Ex-Mod

GC has a used 10" for $99...but it has black hardware!
    Yeah surprisingly I didn't go with black hardware this time!

9. Rogue Ex-Mod

Crystal Beat kit on stage for the first time. Using the Chad Smith snare tonight.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

10. Rim Shot Drummer

What about durability? As in cracks and separation of hardware from the shell? How about drum tuning and overtones.? Do they have their own sound comparative to wood?

11. Rogue Ex-Mod

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickDC View Post
    What about durability? As in cracks and separation of hardware from the shell? How about drum tuning and overtones.? Do they have their own sound comparative to wood?
    No issues thus far. They went from a 70 degree room to a 20 degree car and then back to a warmer temperature on stage tonight. I've had them about 7 months now without any problems.

They are very bright and loud and punchy. Great drums for live performances but not as warm as maple.

12. There can be only 1

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickDC View Post
    I have a friend that gigs with a OCPD acrylic kit. They gig out 2 times a month & he has had no problems. Sounds good too.
    Looks good Hollywood.
    Last edited by The Kurgan; 02-05-2017 at 07:37 AM.