Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Rob the drummer

[QUOTE=AFuller;1854375187]Hey Rob,

I love this kit. Sounds great, and is very very light compared to my reference kit. I dont have any experience with other pearl kits other than these two unfortunately. I have a DW Collectors Series Kit and a Custom Dixon Kit, and this kit sounds just as good as the Collectors Kit. I would say the Bass Drum actually sounds better than the DW Kit. Definitely should be an option for more people, great kit!

Alex[/QUOTE

Thanks, Alex. How is the weight compared to the DW's?
    Reference
    Paiste
    yamaha club custom

2. Registered User

[QUOTE=robstafaria;1854375319]
    Quote Originally Posted by AFuller View Post
    Hey Rob,

I love this kit. Sounds great, and is very very light compared to my reference kit. I dont have any experience with other pearl kits other than these two unfortunately. I have a DW Collectors Series Kit and a Custom Dixon Kit, and this kit sounds just as good as the Collectors Kit. I would say the Bass Drum actually sounds better than the DW Kit. Definitely should be an option for more people, great kit!

Alex[/QUOTE

Thanks, Alex. How is the weight compared to the DW's?

Very Similar

3. Registered User

Love the finish. And the sizes and configuration

4. Experienced Noob

That finish is just beautiful. Nice kit!

5. Registered User

Great finish....great choice..

6. Registered User

I've never been much on gold sparkles/glass finishes but this is simply beautiful and pictures never do the real thing justice either! The finish looks so deep and rich.I tried out a Masters Complete kit very briefly a couple months ago and I still say the masters series are an absolute steal for the money. Congrats on your new kit!

7. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LDdrummer View Post
    Just curious....What is different about that head? Are you referring to the black pattern in the bottom? If so, that is just a shadow of the foam in the bottom from the light coming through the window. I had a similar thing with my DW pillow when I put the coated reso head on....if that is what you are referring to
    Woke up at 2:00 am and can't get back to sleep.

Thought some reading might help...and I found this. Yes that's what I was referring to. It looked to me like it was a coated head with a clear pattern at the bottom. Still does. But once I read the explanation...perfect sense.

Still a fabulous kit!

8. Numb Stomper

Quote Originally Posted by robstafaria View Post
    I just now saw this, meaning late as usual....lol but looks amazing! I know what you are saying about the Reference kit being hard on the back. I'm looking for a much lighter kit for local gigs. Might have to look harder at these shells.

Could I assume they would sound like a older badged MRX shell? I guess the hoops might change that a little too.

Hopefully you have some more time on them, any updates or thoughts that you could share?

Thanks, Rob
    It should sound closer to an older MMX kit. The MRX was the thicker six-ply shell, same as the MCX; all attack and projection, no tone; at least at lower tunings. They will sing if you crank them up into the bop range.