Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Tama Nut Job

Love it!

2. More beer.

Where Hell froze over somewhere in Norway

Quote Originally Posted by aje_drum View Post
    Love it!
    Thanks man! I'm a little bit handicapped due to lack of space at the moment, so I'll might just remove a bass to fit more gear. Yeah, I picked these up today!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

3. More beer.

Oh and yes, there are four of them.

4. More beer.

One shot of the whole kit.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

5. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
    One shot of the whole kit.
    Methinks you should be saving your sheckels for some cymbals my friend.
    Way Too Much Crap

6. More beer.

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Methinks you should be saving your sheckels for some cymbals my friend.
    I have so many cymbals that I don't want to have more at the moment. The problem is my lack of cymbal stands. That china is very well used, and I think it still sounds cool, not like it did when it was brand new, but more like a stack, kinda. I don't know, really, haha.

My plan as for right now, is to get the second bass drum pedal together (tore them apart, just to find out they are so worn out I'll might have to replace them, haha. So I am currently looking for either Axis parts, or two used pedals - and I think I will try to get two Iron Cobras, Speed Cobras or something like that.
    I'm currently having space trouble because of the second bass drum, the kit takes much more space than before and I can't remove anything, haha. Endless circle.

7. More beer.

So, I got half a stand, and a clamp. The angle might not be the best, but I got one more cymbal in front. I like this setup, though I miss the 2nd floor tom on the left (had to take it away when I put up the octos, it's on a snare stand in the last picture).
    Nothing's happening here, as I don't have too much money right now. But I think the guy I traded the Axis (shortboards) with wants his Eliminator back, so this means I'll have to sell the Axis to afford another double pedal.
    And yes, I have two Axis'es, one short and one long (short ones were traded with Eliminators).

8. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
    (had to take it away when I put up the octos, it's on a snare stand in the last picture)
    Have you considered raising the octobans up a little, and tilting them forward? That might give you the space you need to get the floor tom in under them. Nice looking set up Justice!
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

9. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Have you considered raising the octobans up a little, and tilting them forward? That might give you the space you need to get the floor tom in under them. Nice looking set up Justice!
    Proving once again that though really cool, Octo's/Rocket Toms/Deccabons are a PAIN to set up.
    Way Too Much Crap

10. Playing since 1976

Proving once again that though really cool, Octo's/Rocket Toms/Deccabons are a PAIN to set up.
    I found them easy to set up, however only after buying specific hardware that gives you more adjustability. The original Octobans with the "slot-mount" were definitely more difficult to set up comfortably than say a Pearl Rocket tom. My biggest issue with the long-depth 6" drums is that they are difficult to tune higher than my typical 8" rack tom. I'd rather have depths of 4", 5", 6", and 7" (or even an inch less).
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

11. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    I found them easy to set up, however only after buying specific hardware that gives you more adjustability. The original Octobans with the "slot-mount" were definitely more difficult to set up comfortably than say a Pearl Rocket tom. My biggest issue with the long-depth 6" drums is that they are difficult to tune higher than my typical 8" rack tom. I'd rather have depths of 4", 5", 6", and 7" (or even an inch less).
    Wha- wha- WHAT?!

Pearl RT's with the Pearl tom arm are the most PITA of any to mount. At least the slot-style mount allows them to be seamlessly close together.
    Way Too Much Crap

12. Playing since 1976

Wha- wha- WHAT?!

Pearl RT's with the Pearl tom arm are the most PITA of any to mount. At least the slot-style mount allows them to be seamlessly close together.
    I had no trouble mounting my Rocket Toms...

Name:  rightcloseup.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  135.4 KB

Name:  MCXBackRight.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  126.9 KB
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE