Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Registered User

Looks great! Those are so much fun, I know you'll make great use of it

2. Deferoxa

2 pics with 4 up

More pics in the next couple of days.... have to get to work now (wanna play drums )
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    10 pc Pearl Vision VSX #436 Strata Red w/Black HW
    http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...d.php?t=246977Latest pics page 86 !

3. Playing since 1976

Are you done positioning everything, or are you open to suggestions?
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    Reverb Listings ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay Auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE

4. Deferoxa

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Are you done positioning everything, or are you open to suggestions?
    I'm always open to suggesties

5. The Hardware Guy

Looks great! I'm back to 4 up after many years of 3 up and it's great fun! Enjoy!

PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

6. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by scaryguy View Post
    I'm always open to suggesties
    I was just going to offer a couple options to smooth out the rack tom positioning. Since I'm not there I can't tell what can move, and what can't move.

1st option - Bring the 10" tom a little closer to you, the 12" tom a little farther away, and bring the 13" tom closer (if the kick drum is not in the way)
    2nd option - Leave the 8" and 10" alone, and move the 12" tom a little farther away, and bring the 13" tom closer (if the kick drum is not in the way)
    3rd option - Bring the 10" tom a little closer to you, and move the 12" tom a touch to the right
    4th option - Don't listen to me at all, and have fun playing as loud as you like... \m/ (><) \m/
    Website ===> CLICK HERE

7. Registered User

Kinda sorta near Pittsburgh (right at the tristate area)

Man that ride looks so far back lol. I'm sure it's not as bad as it looks but even still I bet that would hurt my shoulder where it is.

8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fuller89 View Post
    Man that ride looks so far back lol. I'm sure it's not as bad as it looks but even still I bet that would hurt my shoulder where it is.
    Mine is more or less in the same spot, maybe a little bit more forward than that, but from my own experience it's really not bad. I have grown very used to mine being there.

9. Deferoxa

Quote Originally Posted by Thrush View Post
    Looks great! I'm back to 4 up after many years of 3 up and it's great fun! Enjoy!
    Thanks Matt !

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    I was just going to offer a couple options to smooth out the rack tom positioning. Since I'm not there I can't tell what can move, and what can't move.

1st option - Bring the 10" tom a little closer to you, the 12" tom a little farther away, and bring the 13" tom closer (if the kick drum is not in the way)
    2nd option - Leave the 8" and 10" alone, and move the 12" tom a little farther away, and bring the 13" tom closer (if the kick drum is not in the way)
    3rd option - Bring the 10" tom a little closer to you, and move the 12" tom a touch to the right
    4th option - Don't listen to me at all, and have fun playing as loud as you like... \m/ (><) \m/
    Just got home from work so i'll check what's possible tomorrow but here are some issues i have to deal/struggle with :

- The 8" can't move closer to me, it's already at the most far end on the tomholder
    - The 12" can't move further away from me because its already that far on the tomholder that it nearly hit's the shell
    - 13" = same as 12"
    I guess i can move the 10" & 13" a bit closer to me.
    I've been mounting and adjusting yesterday evening/night until 3:00 AM
    I'm gonna try to get it as perfect as it gets
    Why don't you come over & help me Your kits always look fantastic !

Quote Originally Posted by Fuller89 View Post
    I got used to have it there but as you might guess i use my hihats (both) way more then my ride

Quote Originally Posted by drumfreek005 View Post
    Mine is more or less in the same spot, maybe a little bit more forward than that, but from my own experience it's really not bad. I have grown very used to mine being there.
    Yep me too

10. Purple Crazed

I like your set-up and symmetric cymbal arrangement! I also like that you can see the drums behind the rack. (and you even have a spectator section in front of the kit - Good thinking!)

Pearl Purple Craze Reference Series
    6x7 | 6x7 | 8x7 | 8x7 | 8x8 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 13x9 | 14x11 | 16x13 | 18x16 | 18x14G | 20x14G | 20x16 | 22x18
    Pearl 14x5 Wine Red Maple and Copper Free Floating Snares
    Pearl 10x6.2 Mangini Signature Snare
    Tama Octobans

11. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by scaryguy View Post
    Just got home from work so i'll check what's possible tomorrow but here are some issues i have to deal/struggle with :

- The 8" can't move closer to me, it's already at the most far end on the tomholder
    - The 12" can't move further away from me because its already that far on the tomholder that it nearly hit's the shell
    - 13" = same as 12"
    I guess i can move the 10" & 13" a bit closer to me.
    I've been mounting and adjusting yesterday evening/night until 3:00 AM
    I'm gonna try to get it as perfect as it gets
    Why don't you come over & help me Your kits always look fantastic !
    I would come over and help, but I'm getting ready to move and set up my space for drums. At least you have drums to tinker with

Does the 12" tom arm have a memory lock on the tube that inserts into the Optimount? If so, you can remove the memory lock and move the tom back more than a half inch. If the 8" and 12" can't move much, I think you can clean it up a little by just moving the 10" toward you just a little bit. It all looks great. I was just trying to live vicariously through your Monster Vision kit!
    Website ===> CLICK HERE

12. Registered User

Kinda sorta near Pittsburgh (right at the tristate area)

I would think he is running into the same issue I was with my stepdads exr's. It's not that there isn't any more room on the tom holder, it's that the tom holder is actually contacting the shell since it looks like he has I.S.S. mounts instead of the mounts directly on the shell. (I assume the same issue would exist with optimounts as the shell would still not have a 7/8" hole in it correct?)