Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
  1. NO KIT TOO BIG

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    You know, I never thought about that. Interesting angle.
    I heard they do it just to annoy you JY!

Joking aside i'm with you, I much prefer the way ludwig does their wrapped hoops, black with the slot (as slingerland, Gretsch, DW, and most others have also done with wrapped BD hoops). Much more appealing and 'finished' than the raw wood with a piece of wrap stuck on it.
    Pearl, Natal, Ludwig, Tama, Slingerland, Premier, Arbiter Drums
    Zildjian, Sabian, Zyn Cymbals
    PEARL, PREMIER, LUDWIG, TAMA, YAMAHA, NATAL and DW Snares

Roland, Dauz, FAT KAT and Koby Electronics, and loads of Percussion

5 Kits and 11 Snares, and I still don't have enough!

2. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by RushDrums24 View Post
    I heard they do it just to annoy you JY!

Joking aside i'm with you, I much prefer the way ludwig does their wrapped hoops, black with the slot (as slingerland, Gretsch, DW, and most others have also done with wrapped BD hoops). Much more appealing and 'finished' than the raw wood with a piece of wrap stuck on it.
    It’s interesting because I think its true! Lol
    Way Too Much Crap

3. Pearl & Zildjian

The finished hoops only start at the Masters Maple Reserve series.... the MM Complete has unfinished hoops aswel.

I used to have a lacquered Export and those hoops where finished back in the day
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Pearl Vision VSX & Zildjian & Paiste Cymbals
    http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...d.php?t=246977Latest pics page 80 !

4. The Hardware Guy

The Exports of yesteryear was so much better value. They had much nicer, and so many more, beautiful lacquer finishes, hardware colour options, fully finished kick hoops, and just all-round nicer kits. I guess Pearl decreased the options and features as they were probably hurting sales of the next tier up kits, and likewise they rolled back features of each line to much people to want to buy the more flag-ship status kits like Ref and Ref Pure. I understand it from a business point of view, still seems like a dumb move to me though.

PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

5. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Thrush View Post
    The Exports of yesteryear was so much better value. They had much nicer, and so many more, beautiful lacquer finishes, hardware colour options, fully finished kick hoops, and just all-round nicer kits. I guess Pearl decreased the options and features as they were probably hurting sales of the next tier up kits, and likewise they rolled back features of each line to much people to want to buy the more flag-ship status kits like Ref and Ref Pure. I understand it from a business point of view, still seems like a dumb move to me though.
    Makes me wonder though- are exports still the #1 selling kit in the world? Does anyone actually buy NEW drums anymore?
    Way Too Much Crap