Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Registered User

Default And the Music City Custom kit just got bigger ;)

Of course, in the beginning I was drawn to Pearl because of the Reference Pure drums, and my first Reference Pure kit was in basic piano black lacquer. When they came out with the Music City Customs, these drums just lit me up. Being a vintage guy, I really wanted a nice wrap instead, so its hard for me to contain my glee about these. I like them so much I added two more drums and now have FOUR toms! I hardly ever play out on a stage that's big enough for more than four drums total, but I may demand a bigger stage so I can use all of these drums. My kit now consists of:

16x22
    8x12
    9x13
    16x16
    16x18

and a matching 6.5x14 snare. This kit ROCKS! Enjoy the pics!

I'm referring to the finish as "Oyster du Siegfried & Roy" - it just sounds cooler
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Matt 'Bo' Eder
    Pearl Artist - Pearl Masters BCX drums in golden bronze glitter

2. Registered User

Hot damn. Thats really nice. I love the rack tom sizes too.

3. Registered User

Gorgeous drums Bo and nice little shell bank you're starting. I think you've set them up backwards though. 😃
    Guru Tour padauk segmented 12, 16, 22, 7x14
    Tama Star walnut kit in Japenese sen indigo burst 10, 12, 16, 22, 6.5x14
    Tama Starclassic Bubinga Select (marbled green metallic) 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22, 5x14
    Tama Starclassic maple (Caribbean blue fade) 13, 16, 24, 6.5x14
    Sonor Pro Lite 13, 16, 22

4. Natural Finish Army

Damn, luv your kit. Those tube lugs just make it all come together. They match perfect with that wrap.

5. Registered User

Looks amazing! Congrats!

Club YDF

6. Registered User

Thanks all - I was working on my new video set-up and managed to get this freeform solo up on Youtube today. Here's what they sound like if you have the time to give it a listen. Thanks for the kind words!

https://youtu.be/rLIg50_9cEs
    Matt 'Bo' Eder

7. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bo eder View Post
    Thanks all - I was working on my new video set-up and managed to get this freeform solo up on Youtube today. Here's what they sound like if you have the time to give it a listen. Thanks for the kind words! https://youtu.be/rLIg50_9cEs
    That's some great drumming on great sounding drums! How did you get the FT to hold so much water? I like this kit more every time I see them!

8. Registered User

Nice kit man. Haha. I've seen so many of your kits on drummerworld forum. I'm just a lurker there. Those are some big sizes. You don't find a 12 & 13 too close together?

9. Registered User

Wow! It even sounds good on my crappy iphone speaker!

Club YDF

10. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by IMF1 View Post
    Nice kit man. Haha. I've seen so many of your kits on drummerworld forum. I'm just a lurker there. Those are some big sizes. You don't find a 12 & 13 too close together?
    I grew up on 12 and 13 rack toms, so it's normal to me. I find 10 too small. I was tempted to ask for a 15x14 floor tom (I have the same allergy concerning 14" floor toms) so there'd only be a one-inch difference in floor toms. This is basically a Ludwig ProBeat kit from the 1975 Ludwig catalog (but that one came with a 14x24 bass drum). But I do love that 18" floor tom, it's literally like having an extra bass drum

I do like how the camera is catching the heads moving, and on one video, it caught my ride vibrating as I played it. Very wavy. Thanks for giving it a listen everyone! I am becoming 100% Pearl now that I can get my vintage look with the best shells in the business!
    Matt 'Bo' Eder

11. Registered User

BTW - that audio was just one AKG C214 as the single overhead mic, and a lone Shure SM58 in front of the bass drum. Today I set up an AKG P120 between the two rack toms, and another AKG P120 between the floor toms, the snare drum got the AKG C214, and a long AKG SE33 pencil condenser mic over the kit. I'm debating installing a ported head and the Pearl muffler in the bass drum so I can get my Shure SM58 slightly inside the drum for more punch.
    Matt 'Bo' Eder

12. Experienced Noob

Quote Originally Posted by bo eder View Post
    i'm debating installing a ported head and the pearl muffler in the bass drum so i can get my shure sm58 slightly inside the drum for more punch.
    Do it!