Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. ...A mind like Water...

Default The PDF is dying....

I think I can fully say, after 10 years of being a member on this forum that its activity level has plummeted to an all time low.

It's a shame, this site used to be an excellent resource for drummers in regards to gear, technique and even making connections. I wonder what happened to make this place a ghost town.

I check the site daily, and have checked it for about 10 years. It might be time to move on from this abandoned relic of a community. Anyone else also feel the same way that I do?
    Owner of two gorgeous Pearl Masters kits. Metal drummer, music and drums for life!

2. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Nope. I'll be here. That is until I quit playing, if ever.

3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    Same here! May not be as lively as in the past, but still many knowledgable members that I know I can contact if I ever need help of have a question.
    Pearl Professional DLX - 8,10,12,13,16,22 Wine Red
    Pearl MMX - 10, 12, 14, 16, 22 Diamond Burst
    Tama Starclassic B/B - 12, 14, 16, 20 Shattered Turquoise

4. Pearl Corporation USA

Same here until I retire from Pearl!.... and then your SOL

KISS uses Gibson Guitars and PEARL Drums because They Want The Best!

PEARL | ZILDJIAN | REMO

5. life start at 125bpm

i can't see me browsing this forum if ever i stop playing.....this is a drummer forum. i guess many think like me. that means many pdf regulars might have abandoned the forum because they stopped playing ; they're probably more active on facecrook or such '''social''' media . also, since bashing on others is less tolerated since awhile, some might feel there's some better places to do so....
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    ^^ This. Yes the place has less going on than back in its hay days but it ain't dead yet!

((I think there was a thread on this not too long ago with graphs and such that showed the steady decline.))
    Quote Originally Posted by dexplosion View Post
    Boom stands are for sissies.

7. Rogue Ex-Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Snakes&Arrows View Post
    ^^ This. Yes the place has less going on than back in its hay days but it ain't dead yet!

((I think there was a thread on this not too long ago with graphs and such that showed the steady decline.))
    Yeah we JUST had one of these threads with fancy charts and everything. Forums like this were once a new and different thing but people use social media a lot more now and forums a lot less. The PDF is still awesome and I'm glad some of the old guard is still around. I don't plan on leaving nor do I plan on quitting drums.
    My One-Of-A-Kind Masters Premium BRP in #197: http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...d.php?t=216550

Pearl - Ludwig - Zildjian - Sabian - Remo - Evans - Vic Firth

8. #38 Stainless Steel

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Sentiment View Post
    I wonder what happened […]
    Facebook happened.
    1982 Maxwin DLX705 in #55 Silver Flash
    1994 SX "Session Series" in #38 Stainless Steel
    1990 CZX "Custom Z" in #130 Champagne
    1991 SZX "CZX Studio" in #133 Crimson Quartz
    1986 SC "Syncussion X" in black

9. Meus nomen est Nate.

There's a plus side to the decline in activity. No more endless, "what drum head should I buy?" or "what sounds better?" or "which bear is best?" threads. Also, the members that are still around are much more knowledgable and seasoned. I remember a lot of really crappy advice and opinion floating around years ago. There was also that bully moderator and his cronies that made this place pretty miserable.
    TOOL

"Thereís a strong correlation between this bandís name and the type of people who listen to their MC Escher butt rock. Hopefully it will be 10,000 more days before they release another album."

10. Registered User

I've only been on here since 2009 and I've noticed the decline in conversation in many of the threads. I have never posted a lot or been one to feel the need to jump in on every conversation, but I do come here a lot just to read and learn and view opinions of everything drums. I think the PDF is a great source and while it's slowed down a bit it's not dead and I don't think it ever will be.

Club YDF

11. A Passion Play ...

I have been on this Forum for quite a while. Posting pictures and seeing all the gear that other members have is
    really fun. A nice place to escape to and check in with others who share my passion for drums !! This is the ONLY
    online site I visit daily. This Forum helps me to relax from the curve balls of life. Much respect to all the people who
    are here !!
    Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
    22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare. Why not ...

12. Inside out ♪♪♪♫

Quote Originally Posted by '][' [[]] [[]] ][, View Post
    "which bear is best?" threads.
    Well...since you brought it up, which bear is the best?
    "I'm an artist, not a scientist."
    Old school Crimson Quartz SZX
    "You are the music while the music lasts." - T. S. Eliot