Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Pearl Corporation USA

Bo - again congratulations, great looking kit! wishing you continued success!

KISS uses Gibson Guitars and PEARL Drums because They Want The Best!

PEARL | ZILDJIAN | REMO

2. Rockin' the Cosmos..

Quote Originally Posted by bo eder View Post
    Well, that's definitely a personal thing. I remember being a kid and looking at the backs of all those old Ludwig and Slingerland catalogs and not being able to choose a color too!
    yeah .. I hear ya Bo .. I'm picky about finishes .. If I'm going to fork over lots of $$$ for 10 shells then I better make sure I pick the right wrap for me .. seriously, it's hard! .. the sizes were easy to pick but finish is a whole new ball game

3. Away From The World

Quote Originally Posted by AL PERCIVAL View Post
    ............ Don't forget to add a gong drum!
    I should have held on for MCC to arrive... I'm still waiting months for my RF gong!!

Great kit bo, a classy choice!

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
    8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

4. Meus nomen est Nate.

Looks great! I dig the wrap. Let's see set up pics.
    TOOL

"There’s a strong correlation between this band’s name and the type of people who listen to their MC Escher butt rock. Hopefully it will be 10,000 more days before they release another album."

5. Registered User

Looks great..! Congrats man!!!
    A question!
    Are there any serial numbers on the shells or batches??
    Cheers
    Long live the Funk

6. Registered User

I like this wrap way more than I thought I would. The kit really has a nice balance of vintage/modern. About the best compliment I can provide is those drums look inspiring to play. Looking forward to full set up pics (which will of course be completely confusing and off putting since you're a lefty).

7. Pearl Corporation USA

Quote Originally Posted by BadAstronaut View Post
    wrap isn't for me but congrats Bo! .. arrived before 14 days .. sweet

let's see if Pearl can honor 14 days when I place my order for Ref Pure in 10,12,13,14,15,16,18,22,24,26 sizes
    Just to be clear our "goal" is 14 production days for MCC starting from when "Pearl" actually receives the order from the dealer, shipping not included.

KISS uses Gibson Guitars and PEARL Drums because They Want The Best!

PEARL | ZILDJIAN | REMO

8. Rockin' the Cosmos..

Just to be clear our "goal" is 14 production days for MCC starting from when "Pearl" actually receives the order from the dealer, shipping not included.
    I understand Al .. I'm just busting Pearls ballz because of the size of my order

shipping would take 2-3 days from TN to where I'm at .. I can live with 2 and a half weeks

it beats a 4-6 month wait

9. No comment.

Quote Originally Posted by bo eder View Post
    OK - they've arrived! I haven't had a chance to give 'em a tuning and play them yet, that'll be tomorrow. But as expected, the fit and finish is superb! I already have a Reference Pure kit in black and these MMC's are based on that design, so it's the same great attention to detail that went into these. The wrap is impeccable - it's a good traditional vintage wrap, but you don't see it as much as a sparkle, or black oyster, or white marine....

What do ya think?
    She’s a beauty!
    DW | PAISTE | Aquarian | Regal Tip | Roland
    DW Performance Series in Black Diamond Pearl
    |14 x 22| |14 x 16| |9 x 13| |6.5 x 14 DW Solid Aluminum snare|

10. Registered User

The wrap is definitely unique. Wasn't sure at first glance but it's growing on me. Like most drums, it's a completely different kit in person than in a picture. Happy for you and Pearl MCC's. Great program! Way nicer than any drums I've owned.

11. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Woodboy View Post
    Looks great..! Congrats man!!!
    A question!
    Are there any serial numbers on the shells or batches??
    Cheers
    There is a label glued to the inside of every shell, with a date and a number, and it's signed (I believe by the guy who put it together). There are no numbers on the badges.

12. Registered User

Bo - again congratulations, great looking kit! wishing you continued success!
    Thanks Al! I got them set-up and tuned today and did some playing on them. I'm spoiled - they're so easy to get to sound good. Even the snare didn't have any issues. I just tweaked everything up a bit and started playing. Right out of the box they were cool.

The one piece of gear I didn't research was the glide strainer on the snare drum. What an ingenious design! With drum key screws, you can just remove the whole mechanism from both sides of the drum to change a head - no need to mess up all your settings! Another "Why doesn't anyone else do this?" moment for me. And, being left handed, I can even reverse where the strainer is so the drum badge faces outward (I've never gotten to do that before) so I have the lever on my right side. I feel like there's nothing I really need to compromise with on this kit.

Pearl did include a muffle pillow for the bass drum, but the drum sounds great with just my usual "just above wrinkling on the batter head, and tighter on the rest head" tuning. In fact, I took Will Kennedy's advice and just pushed on each head to where it wrinkles, then tighten it past the wrinkles on every drum. It was very easy to get to the tonal center of each drum. Again, I'm blown away. This is the first time (well, other than my first kit of RefPures) that I feel like the kit isn't getting in my way. I just tweak it to my liking and it goes. Well done Pearl (again!)!