Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Decade Maple

1. Once you go 20"...

Quote Originally Posted by LDdrummer View Post
    I don't think it was selling good enough, of course that was most likely due to cost. I looked at them before getting a used masters, and street price for a 5 piece shell kit was 750-799. This series has the shell kit for 559 (according to Pearl). If the visions had been this price I think they would have sold a lot more of them.
    I think the price for a 5 piece shell kit will be similar to the Vision series pricing. The $559 price Pearl is throwing around is likely for the 3 piece DMP943XP/C kit.....

24x14 bass drum (no BB300 tom mount)
    13x9 tom
    16x16 floor tom
    TH900S tom holder
    ADP20 adapter
    Pearl Vision VBL in #244 Natural Black Burst: 10x8, 12x9, 14x14, 20x18
    14x5.5 Steel Sensitone / 13x3 Brass Piccolo / 14x6.5 Kapur Limited Edition
    Sabian / Remo / Vic Firth

2. Registered User

I found these prices on Sweetwater, who do not typically have the lowest available prices on Pearl gear:

7 piece kit, 8,10,12 toms, 14,16 floor toms, 22 kick, and snare for 899.00

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DM7PC-RB/

5 piece kit, 10,12 toms, 16 floor, 22 kick, and snare for 699.00

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DM5PC-SBR/

That's about 100 less than the visions went for, they were typically 799.99 for a 5 piece kit. Plus they offer the 7 piece kit in these that they did not in visions....that is the best deal. This is a direct competitor for the Tama superstar classic maple kits, same configs, same price points, etc. I am super glad to see it, this is a great value for what you get vs cost.

And you will be able to get them for less, I have never saw Sweetwater offer as low a prices as some of the other Pearl dealers, like Drumsonsale.com or others like them

3. Masterworks / Sabian

I found these prices on Sweetwater, who do not typically have the lowest available prices on Pearl gear:

That's about 100 less than the visions went for, they were typically 799.99 for a 5 piece kit. Plus they offer the 7 piece kit in these that they did not in visions....that is the best deal. This is a direct competitor for the Tama superstar classic maple kits, same configs, same price points, etc. I am super glad to see it, this is a great value for what you get vs cost.

And you will be able to get them for less, I have never saw Sweetwater offer as low a prices as some of the other Pearl dealers, like Drumsonsale.com or others like them
    I wish the 22 kick didn't have the tom holders on it, shell pack anyway. That would be a great gig kit.

4. Masterworks / Sabian

Is the DMP927SP/C really a 24 kick, or is it a misprint? The website has 24, sweetwater and the PDF Catalog has 22.

DMP927SP/C

24x18 bass drum
    8x7 tom
    10x7 tom
    12x8 tom
    14x14 floor tom
    16x16 floor tom
    14x6.5 snare drum
    TH900I tom holder x 2
    TH900S short tom holder
    ADP20 adapter

5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by DrumandFly View Post
    Is the DMP927SP/C really a 24 kick, or is it a misprint? The website has 24, sweetwater and the PDF Catalog has 22. DMP927SP/C 24x18 bass drum 8x7 tom 10x7 tom 12x8 tom 14x14 floor tom 16x16 floor tom 14x6.5 snare drum TH900I tom holder x 2 TH900S short tom holder ADP20 adapter
    I would go with the catalog, there have been multiple mistakes found on the web site with all the new gear and quick changes they tried to make.

6. Once you go 20"...

$900 for a Pearl 7 piece maple kit.....that's seems like pretty good pricing and aimed right at the Tama Superstar Classic and Hyperdrive kits.
    Pearl Vision VBL in #244 Natural Black Burst: 10x8, 12x9, 14x14, 20x18
    14x5.5 Steel Sensitone / 13x3 Brass Piccolo / 14x6.5 Kapur Limited Edition
    Sabian / Remo / Vic Firth

7. Marketing Manager of Integrated Media

Quote Originally Posted by DrumandFly View Post
    Is the DMP927SP/C really a 24 kick, or is it a misprint? The website has 24, sweetwater and the PDF Catalog has 22.
    22" is correct...

8. life start at 125bpm

what,'s the problem with the blue printed badge?

i might be insensitive to the badges aesthetic factor, i so don't care about badges , and this new badge design isn't disturbing at all imo lol.

what i think is there should be an option regarding square or oval badges. the square badge complement well the square lugs, and the oval one goes well with the reference style lugs.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

9. Registered User

I have seen badges that are A LOT uglier than all these new ones from Pearl. I agree, I have seen some better, and I still have a soft spot for the older square badges. But I won't let a badge be the only factor that keeps me from a good set of drums of any kind.

Then again, I am in the minority that likes the Masters "baseball" badges. Like I said, the square masters from the early years is still my favorite, but I like mine pretty good

10. The Fight Revisited.

I want to see a close up of the lugs. The lighting in the stock photo gives the illusion that they are crooked. I know this is not the case but I'm still interested to see the actual lug design. The same thing caught my eye a few years back on those Dixon Artisan drums.

Also, R.I.P. to I.S.S. mounts. I think the only product that may still come equipped with them is that one piccolo effect snare and that one timbale.
    Last edited by Genius Switch; 01-24-2016 at 07:50 AM.
    Current kit - Pearl VBX Ruby Fade Outdoors
    All my previous kits - Here

11. Marketing Manager of Integrated Media

Quote Originally Posted by Genius Switch View Post
    I want to see a close up of the lugs. The lighting in the stock photo gives the illusion that they are crooked. I know this is not the case but I'm still interested to see the actual lug design.
    Hope this helps...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

12. Rockin' the Cosmos..

Quote Originally Posted by Genius Switch View Post
    Also, R.I.P. to I.S.S. mounts.
    good riddance ..