Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Decade Maple

1. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by pearlreference7101 View Post
    The phrase "well-tuned" does not belong in the same sentence as "Guitar Center"
    Funny you should mention that. Guitar Center is exactly where I heard the Decades I mentioned. I was afraid that it was the kit itself that sounded bad, so when I talked to the sales rep about it he looked me dead in the eye and without a single hint of irony said this to me...

"Yeah, I don't know how to tune drums and I really don't feel like taking the time to figure it out."

Needless to say that's the last time I've gone into a Guitar Center and very well may be the last ever. They've lost my business. I recently needed new heads and I opted to order them from Amazon and wait two weeks for them rather than go back to Guitar Center.
    Don't pick a fight with a drummer... we beat things for a living.

2. Registered User

Exactly what I have found also. You may get lucky and one person can answer a question without saying " hang on, I will find out for you". On the other hand when you go in there to get something like sticks or a head 90 percent of the time it's not in stock.
    I have however found that because of some employees lack of knowledge you can sometimes find a great deal online in the used section. I just recently picked up a Pearl Vision VSX in champagne sparkle, 8,10,12,14,16 and 20 kick. Great sizes I have been looking for, wrapped finish for gigging. $370. They are in pristine condition. New heads to boot.
    So in summary, most of the time it can be a pain to deal with them but it does pay off sometimes in our favor.

3. Registered User

It's a crap shoot every time I'm in one. A lot if times the other customers in the store know more.

I ordered a Export kit in excellent condition. When it arrived the wrap was cracked, the hoops were pitted and the lugs and rods were covered in rust.

Plus the shipping weight was high because there was a pillow and a quilt still inside the kick.

But then I got an amazing deal on my MCX plus Icon rack for $700

Ya just never know.

4. Touch Too Much!

It all depends on who is working at guitar center. Our Local GC has mostly experienced drummers that know what they are dealing. I usually buy on line but when I need something now, we only have 2 choices left in ABQ. GC is closer to other things I usually have to do and sometimes I find a great deal there (like the Decade Maple .
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians
    My Kit; http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/at...8&d=1290113760

MASTERS ARMY

5. Mountain Man

Quote Originally Posted by The_Prowler View Post
    Funny you should mention that. Guitar Center is exactly where I heard the Decades I mentioned. I was afraid that it was the kit itself that sounded bad, so when I talked to the sales rep about it he looked me dead in the eye and without a single hint of irony said this to me... "Yeah, I don't know how to tune drums and I really don't feel like taking the time to figure it out." Needless to say that's the last time I've gone into a Guitar Center and very well may be the last ever. They've lost my business. I recently needed new heads and I opted to order them from Amazon and wait two weeks for them rather than go back to Guitar Center.
    2weeks for an amazon purchase? Where do you live man?
    Mapex Saturn V in deep water ash burl: https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/a...p?albumid=1218

6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by scooterdavis View Post
    2weeks for an amazon purchase? Where do you live man?
    I live in Northern Virginia, but apparently the two heads and snare wires that I got all had to come from different distributors that had different delivery times. It was unusual and irritating, but my pride wouldn't let me go back to Guitar Center
    Don't pick a fight with a drummer... we beat things for a living.