Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Decade Maple

1. Marketing Manager of Integrated Media

Default Decade Maple

Pearl’s 70 years of drum craftsmanship culminate with the kit you’re ready to step up to. With 5.4mm Maple shells, pro-level features, and gorgeous lacquer finishes, Decade elevates your performance at a price that was previously impossible.

With feature-heavy shell packs starting at only $559 Street, Decade Maple drums are perfect as a primary kit for evolving players, or a secondary “gigging” kit for the seasoned pro.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Derek Wolfford
    Marketing Department

2. Rockin' the Cosmos..

So ... this is a just new re-vamped version of the short lived Export ECX Maple series?

3. Registered User

They look nice, but why in gods name have you guys (pearl) put giant blue and red badges on everything? It clashes horribly with the finishes.

4. th droids yerlookn4

Quote Originally Posted by BadAstronaut View Post
    So ... this is a just new re-vamped version of the short lived Export ECX Maple series?
    yes ...yes it is .. looks for epic facepalm pic...

5. Registered User

Will they be available in Europe? If so, I'm getting a yellow one!

How does that #228 solid yellow compare to the old #125 canary yellow?

6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Wolfford View Post
    With 5.4mm Maple shells, pro-level features, and gorgeous lacquer finishes, Decade elevates your performance at a price that was previously impossible.
    Are those shells the same ones as the euro Masters Premium Legend's? It's the same thickness...

7. Rockin' the Cosmos..

Quote Originally Posted by Pepito Pérez View Post
    Are those shells the same ones as the euro Masters Premium Legend's? It's the same thickness...
    not quite .. these shells use a lesser grade of Maple (cosmetic only) ... just like the short lived ECX series did

8. Bad Girlfriend

Quote Originally Posted by BadAstronaut View Post
    not quite .. these shells use a lesser grade of Maple (cosmetic only) ... just like the short lived ECX series did
    I was thinking ECX all along but I had forgotten the name and called them the 1 year Maple Exports in my Masters Series before 2016 Review.
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians
    My Kit; http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/at...8&d=1290113760

MASTERS ARMY

9. Registered User

Still think pearl needs a mid level all birch kit to compete with the Yamaha Stage Customs. Those kits were/are a hot seller for a lot of weekend warrior gigging drummers.. And do the job well. Maybe this "Decade" kit will get some looks from those looking for something in this price range.

10. Registered User

I think badges are much classier when plain metal or a solid color with writing. The blue really clashes...although for some reason I don't usually have the same reaction when I see a Ludwig B/O badge...but I love the old Keystones the best. I'm just a chrome/aluminum/brass badge kinda guy. I loved Pearl's badges in the 90's, even the 60's and 70's. It seems like everything these days is just getting "flashy." Besides the point though, seems like a nice kit for the money. I think my Session Customs are some of the best sounding drums I have ever owned, seems like these are the same idea but with thinner plies.

So many drums, so little time...

11. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Master88 View Post
    Still think pearl needs a mid level all birch kit to compete with the Yamaha Stage Customs. Those kits were/are a hot seller for a lot of weekend warrior gigging drummers.. And do the job well. Maybe this "Decade" kit will get some looks from those looking for something in this price range.
    They had the Vision Birch and apparently it wasn't selling well enough or they would still be doing it I guess?

So many drums, so little time...

12. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by vtdrumdude View Post
    They had the Vision Birch and apparently it wasn't selling well enough or they would still be doing it I guess?
    I don't think it was selling good enough, of course that was most likely due to cost. I looked at them before getting a used masters, and street price for a 5 piece shell kit was 750-799. This series has the shell kit for 559 (according to Pearl). If the visions had been this price I think they would have sold a lot more of them.