Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. sdrawkcab

Quote Originally Posted by AL PERCIVAL View Post
    We've made all badges into that oval shape to stay within the Pearl family badge-lookwise. I like the new Pearl Masters badge.
    The great AL replied in my thread, oh the joys!

The oval is great, ovals look choice on the Reference/Masterworks. It's just very cluttered, lots of shapes going in INSIDE the oval badge. I know its about how drums sounds but if you're spending that kind of coin on an instrument... she's gotta look good. Drums have advanced to the point where a set of Exports will do anything people want, Masters is "I am spending extra to have something special"
    I've been on the forum for 14 years??? What the heck have I been doing all this time??

2. Get Down On It

Regardless of the colors and scripts, they are way too big. On the smaller sizes, especially, they nearly touch 4 lugs!! Even the classic Masters badge everyone loves is too big. My Masters and Session Select had large rectangles that detracted from the shells. I never thought much off it until I had other kits with much smaller badges. The perfect one for me now is the one I have, a small Keystone doubling as the vent. Understated elegance.
    Last edited by Blisco; 01-28-2016 at 01:43 PM.
    Ludwig Classic Maple in Sky Blue Pearl 24/10/12/13/14/16 & Hammered Copperphonic 6.5X14
    Sabian cymbal non-endorsed endorsee since 1982

3. CHOPPER

I think pearl could have had a really fresh and classy badge direct from the artwork they are currently using for the 70 year anniversary.
    1. Take the # 70 away
    2. Clear the banner at the bottom
    3. Add proper series name in banner
    4. Keep the circular shape.
    5. Silver/gold color ??? On aluminum.
    Just a thought.....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

When you drop a drum putting it into the case!!

4. Custom User Title™

I love the new Masters series line, however I don't like any of the new badges at all.
    Reference Pure #377 Scarlet Sparkle Burst Sold....onto the next. :D
    22x18, 10x8, 12x9, 16x16, 14x6˝
    14" A Custom Mastersound, 16" K Custom Fast, 10" HHX Evolution, 10" HHX, 20" K Custom, 17" K Custom Fast, 11" Oriental Trash, 19" Paragon

5. NO KIT TOO BIG

I have to say, I like the badge, I think it looks classy and upmarket, I don't think its cluttered at all either.
    Pearl, Natal, Ludwig, Tama, Slingerland, Premier, Arbiter Drums
    Zildjian, Sabian, Zyn Cymbals
    PEARL, PREMIER, LUDWIG, TAMA, YAMAHA, NATAL and DW Snares

Roland, Dauz, FAT KAT and Koby Electronics, and loads of Percussion

5 Kits and 11 Snares, and I still don't have enough!

6. Gaming musician

I haven't liked a Masters badge since the early 2000's,though the baseball style one did grow on me a bit since it at least wasn't a cluttered mess.

Of course, I haven't really liked masters kits since that time period either. They used to be a great range with great options. Now if you want a high end maple or birch kit from pearl with plenty of size and finish options you've basically got masterworks. It's sad really.
    PSN and Steam ID's: Vivi22

7. Pearl Corporation USA

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    I haven't liked a Masters badge since the early 2000's,though the baseball style one did grow on me a bit since it at least wasn't a cluttered mess.

Of course, I haven't really liked masters kits since that time period either. They used to be a great range with great options. Now if you want a high end maple or birch kit from pearl with plenty of size and finish options you've basically got masterworks. It's sad really.

We have the new Masters Maple Reserve with an ultra-thin 5.4mm shell thickness with maple re-rings (like the old Masters MMX or Masters Premium MMP) available in any of the former Masters Premium finishes and surprisingly affordable.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Pearl USA | Nashville

8. PEARL EXX

Quote Originally Posted by AL PERCIVAL View Post
    We have the new Masters Maple Reserve with an ultra-thin 5.4mm shell thickness with maple re-rings (like the old Masters MMX or Masters Premium MMP) available in any of the former Masters Premium finishes and surprisingly affordable.
    I guess that made everyone happy with the great quality of pearl. ^^^

9. Pearl Corporation USA

...... Now we just have to get updated badges on the outdated rocket toms!.................. I'm on a mission!

Pearl USA | Nashville