Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. sdrawkcab

Default Thoughts on new Masters badges?

IMO it looks a lot better than the MCX/BCX badges which look like they belong on a basketball cap. BUT it looks kind of cluttered, lots of shapes with a half oval at the top, an oval for the overall shape, a rectangle for "Maple Complete" with some shape underneath that. Also not that it looks "cheap" but these wouldn't look out of place on a set of Visions.

But they all pale in comparison to the old MMX ala late 90's early 00's badges. These look like pure class, which they should be! Big gold badge with a really nice type font and very un cluttered. What are your thoughts?

I've been on the forum for 14 years??? What the heck have I been doing all this time??

2. Registered User

Totally agree with every point. The black oval over the masters script and the rectangle serve only to clutter what could have been an elegant design. However it is an improvement. The old gold rectangular badge was by far the best.

3. sdrawkcab

Quote Originally Posted by j kuhl View Post
    Totally agree with every point. The black oval over the masters script and the rectangle serve only to clutter what could have been an elegant design. However it is an improvement. The old gold rectangular badge was by far the best.
    Honestly I wish they just left the square badges, they look great on drums as side on drums look like a square anyway. DW has hardly changed their badges and no one complains about that. Ford has NEVER changed their badge in the 100 odd years they have been around! Get it right and then leave it
    I've been on the forum for 14 years??? What the heck have I been doing all this time??

4. Registered User

Rectangle Badges!

And i agree with OP, they look better then the previous Masters badges. Very Reference like if you ask me...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I knew something once...

5. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Old one's I saw looked like they belonged on a cigar box.

6. sdrawkcab

Cigars are fancy, fancy is good

7. CHOPPER

I like the overall shape . But the blue script to me will not blend itself to different color drums.

When you drop a drum putting it into the case!!

8. Registered User

I've never liked Masters Series badges, including the new one. The recently replaced baseball style badge is the one I prefer of the three if I had to choose one. Reference and Masterworks badges are lovely though to my eyes. Among the best in the industry--top tier just below the Tama high end decal/painted badges.
    Guru Tour padauk segmented
    Tama Star walnut and maple kits (indigo sen/sycamore)
    Tama Starclassic Bubinga Select (marbled green metallic)
    Tama Starclassic maple (Caribbean blue fade) and Starclassic walnut/birch (jade silk)
    Sonor Pro Lite blue sparkle

9. sdrawkcab

Quote Originally Posted by steadypocket View Post
    I've never liked Masters Series badges, including the new one. The recently replaced baseball style badge is the one I prefer of the three if I had to choose one. Reference and Masterworks badges are lovely though to my eyes. Among the best in the industry--top tier just below the Tama high end decal/painted badges.
    The masterworks badge is timeless and has been unchanged for over 17 years, pray they never change it.

10. Registered User

Put me in the camp in favor of mw and ref badging. Both are very tasteful and right up there with my favorites of all time. I just don't understand the busy scheme of the new badge and also agree that blue is a color that doesn't contrast well with many other colors. I'd never not buy a kit due to the badge but it sure helps tie the whole thing together.

11. th droids yerlookn4

it looks like a bad photo shop of a reference badge i dont like the badge ...and i already dont like what i see with this new product line .

12. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by big daddy cool View Post
    I like the overall shape . But the blue script to me will not blend itself to different color drums.
    I agree, and that green finish is a perfect example of that. It clashes horribly.