Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Bean

Some pix although the room was dark at the time.
    Attached Images Attached Images       
    Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute Y2K, dw Collectors Series Black Velvet and Marine Pearl, dw Snare drums - Edge, Marine Pearl, Black Velvet, Paiste Signature and Zildjian Z Cymbals, dw 9002, 9500 High Hat, dw Rack, Rolling Riser, Roland pads, Roland TD-10 and 20X Modules / dw stands

2. Joinery apprentice

Guess this means I've got to order a 14 rack Tom and 18 floor. I really hate having to order new gear lol.

3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Football_Drums57 View Post
    Guess this means I've got to order a 14 rack Tom and 18 floor. I really hate having to order new gear lol.

lol me too i just ordered a 16 floor and seriously considering a 8x8 not sure how it will look with my 8x7 and 10x8. I just like lots of toms and hertas all i do lol.

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post
    Some pix although the room was dark at the time.
    Awesome kit mate!
    Pearl Export Lacquer in Black Smoke finish
    14x5.5 l 12x8 l 13x9 l 16x16
    Pearl Marc Quiñones Signature Q-Popper Snare
    Zildjian K series
    14 Hats l 16 & 18 Crashes l 20 Ride
    Zildjian A Custom Series
    8 Splash l 10 Splash

5. Bean

Quote Originally Posted by G The Drummer View Post
    Awesome kit mate!
    Thanks !!
    Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute Y2K, dw Collectors Series Black Velvet and Marine Pearl, dw Snare drums - Edge, Marine Pearl, Black Velvet, Paiste Signature and Zildjian Z Cymbals, dw 9002, 9500 High Hat, dw Rack, Rolling Riser, Roland pads, Roland TD-10 and 20X Modules / dw stands

6. Registered User

Bean those are very nice ! It was a hard choice for me on these kits , I love sparkles and am very pleased with the bronze glitter. I ordered some matching rocket toms a 16 floor and and matching snare. I am on the fence on my next purchase. Currently have 8x7 10x8 12x9 14x14 floor with 16 floor coming, was thinking of adding a 8x8 or 13 tom? My kick is a 20 Just wandering if that would look odd 8x7 and 8x8 love alot of toms I like doing 4 stroke ruffs and hertas bout all i can do so i like abunch of toms lol.

7. Bean

Quote Originally Posted by dunnigan66 View Post
    Bean those are very nice ! It was a hard choice for me on these kits , I love sparkles and am very pleased with the bronze glitter. I ordered some matching rocket toms a 16 floor and and matching snare. I am on the fence on my next purchase. Currently have 8x7 10x8 12x9 14x14 floor with 16 floor coming, was thinking of adding a 8x8 or 13 tom? My kick is a 20 Just wandering if that would look odd 8x7 and 8x8 love alot of toms I like doing 4 stroke ruffs and hertas bout all i can do so i like abunch of toms lol.
    I tried a 20 inch kick a long time ago and just did not work for me. Maybe just because of the bands that I was in in the music that I was doing at the time. I would get a 22 inch kick drum and sell the 20 inch kick drum but that's me. As far as your other time sizes that sounds like a great deal for what you're doing. The bronze glitter wrap does look attractive and I'm not a very big fan of wraps because I have one drum kit that is a rap it's dw black velvet and it doesn't look like a wrap at all and is pretty impressive looking. I think you're on the right track and I think you know exactly what you want to should look very impressive at a time you're done as long as you're comfortable behind the kit? My big thing lately as I'm beginning to wonder if I should scale down because of all the shows coming up with the one being that I mean where did the two and three bands on the same bill I'm going to set up and tear down quickly and sometimes I want to give now so I'm thinking a scaling back. However for my other band that I'm in but we play all night in the same club I like a little bit bigger kit.

8. FKA Tasty808

The bronze glitter wrap does look attractive and I'm not a very big fan of wraps...
    That's not a wrap.

9. Registered User

I tried a 20 inch kick a long time ago and just did not work for me. Maybe just because of the bands that I was in in the music that I was doing at the time. I would get a 22 inch kick drum and sell the 20 inch kick drum but that's me. As far as your other time sizes that sounds like a great deal for what you're doing. The bronze glitter wrap does look attractive and I'm not a very big fan of wraps because I have one drum kit that is a rap it's dw black velvet and it doesn't look like a wrap at all and is pretty impressive looking. I think you're on the right track and I think you know exactly what you want to should look very impressive at a time you're done as long as you're comfortable behind the kit? My big thing lately as I'm beginning to wonder if I should scale down because of all the shows coming up with the one being that I mean where did the two and three bands on the same bill I'm going to set up and tear down quickly and sometimes I want to give now so I'm thinking a scaling back. However for my other band that I'm in but we play all night in the same club I like a little bit bigger kit.
    As far as this 20 inch kick every bit as good or better than the 22 inch MCX I had or any other 22 except for like 22x20 kicks there hard to beat. As far as down sizing I am thinking its better to go big and not decide later after its too late to get anymore drums. Did a gig 2 weeks ago used 10 inch tom, 14 floor tom, kick ,1 crash and ride sweet little setup. Always keep a pearl rack and 2 boom stands you never know lol.