Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Registered User

I didn't even know about these until I picked them up a while back. From the pictures I thought they were Superstars. I owned a three piece set of superstars in wine red and that got my heart racing haha! The drums sound warm and punchy. Just curious if anyone has a set on the PDF. Name:  image-1922447949.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  77.1 KB Name:  image-3385625458.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  75.3 KB Name:  image-3804664736.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  63.3 KB Original kick heads!! And pillow too! They were in a school so there is major Tom rash on the kick but just adds character!
    Last edited by jdtdrums; 11-19-2015 at 12:14 PM.

2. There can be only 1

That was my very first kit in the 80's. I wish I still had them. I love the old T badge.

3. th droids yerlookn4

royalstars were similar to swingstars ...the same actually ......i cant remember which came first though ...the old kits ae a little fuzzy in my mind ...y old ...i mean 70.s kits .......my specialty are the late 80s ...granstar /crestar era drums

4. I just hit things.

My first kit ever was a set of Royalstars. Mahogany I believe, 13-14-16-22. It had a real shallow bass drum. It sounded awesome, I miss that kit. I posted pictures of it 8 years ago at this point here. Congrats man, she was an awesome kit in her day, and still holds up!
    Pearl MCX | Mapex Black Panther | Sabian | ICON | Eliminators |

Currently drumming for:
    Tristan McIntosh (Country: American Idol Finalist)

5. Hello Cleveland...

Quote Originally Posted by 2 basses4life View Post
    royalstars were similar to swingstars ...the same actually ......i cant remember which came first though ...the old kits ae a little fuzzy in my mind ...y old ...i mean 70.s kits .......my specialty are the late 80s ...granstar /crestar era drums
    I'm looking for a 16" Granstar or superstar tom. Know anyone selling?

6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by The TJ View Post
    My first kit ever was a set of Royalstars. Mahogany I believe, 13-14-16-22. It had a real shallow bass drum. It sounded awesome, I miss that kit. I posted pictures of it 8 years ago at this point here. Congrats man, she was an awesome kit in her day, and still holds up!
    Thanks TJ! Wow great sizes! I'll do a search and check it out!!

7. th droids yerlookn4

Quote Originally Posted by rueben31045 View Post
    I'm looking for a 16" Granstar or superstar tom. Know anyone selling?
    id keep my ears open here , actually theyre rare but there are a few guys who buy and refurbish kit here on the pdf there was one guy that came to mind he had a darth maul avatar he used coat his kit (s) black