Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Experienced Noob

Great, great shots & you already know how I feel about the kit!

I'm loving the clear head on the gong drum & the white kick reso. Also, very smart way of getting the China on the right side out there. Nice set up!

Also, it's interesting that your drums came with clear Ambassadors on top. Mine had coated Ambassador batters (which I replaced, as well).

2. Formerly 'BRX rad'

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Foreman View Post
    Great, great shots & you already know how I feel about the kit!

I'm loving the clear head on the gong drum & the white kick reso. Also, very smart way of getting the China on the right side out there. Nice set up!

Also, it's interesting that your drums came with clear Ambassadors on top. Mine had coated Ambassador batters (which I replaced, as well).
    Thanks Mike! Yeah, I had that whole right side of the rack planned out even prior to ordering. I knew that to be able to fit the 18" floor tom in there, I was gunna have to get creative with the rack and cymbal holders. And surprisingly enough, the one that holds the china is pretty sturdy.

I actually requested the clear ambassadors when I ordered. I inquired about clear emperors but was told they couldn't do it, which is fine. Because now I have two different types of heads to play around with if I ever want to bounce back and forth. I just knew I would never use coated heads (why hide the beautiful mahogany on the insides), so I asked for clear ones.

3. Registered User

I've said it in the other thread, but what an spectacular kit Chris! I'm a sucker for blue finishes, so yours has to be one of my favorite finishes to date.
    Also great work on the setup, some creative ways of using the rack. Interesting place for the 18", is it easily playable or do you have to reach for it a bit?

Again, huge congrats on this amazing kit!

4. Registered User

Having seen a few of those drums in person, I agree that photos don't do the finish justice. With that said, you've managed to take some great pics that still manage to capture the beauty of these drums, though I felt a closeup of that gorgeous side snare is in order . Congrats again!
    Guru Tour padauk segmented 12, 16, 22, 7x14
    Tama Star walnut kit in Japenese sen indigo burst 10, 12, 16, 22, 6.5x14
    Tama Starclassic Bubinga Select (marbled green metallic) 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22, 5x14
    Tama Starclassic maple (Caribbean blue fade) 13, 16, 24, 6.5x14
    Sonor Pro Lite 13, 16, 22

5. Formerly 'BRX rad'

Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    I've said it in the other thread, but what an spectacular kit Chris! I'm a sucker for blue finishes, so yours has to be one of my favorite finishes to date. Also great work on the setup, some creative ways of using the rack. Interesting place for the 18", is it easily playable or do you have to reach for it a bit? Again, huge congrats on this amazing kit!
    Thanks again Will! Yes the 18" is very easily playable for me. I have a rather large wingspan being so tall, and I don't even have to extend my forearm to hit it really. Everything feels very comfortable and natural.

6. Formerly 'BRX rad'

Quote Originally Posted by steadypocket View Post
    Having seen a few of those drums in person, I agree that photos don't do the finish justice. With that said, you've managed to take some great pics that still manage to capture the beauty of these drums, though I felt a closeup of that gorgeous side snare is in order . Congrats again!
    Haha here ya go Rich, how about an outdoor shot (more pics in my sig)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

7. J-Con

Absolutely stunning!

Great cymbal selection too.

8. Registered User

Amazing, amazing, AMAZING!!!!! Congrats on your new kit, and thank you for sharing your Masterworks journey with us. Your kit is one of my favorites on the forum!

Club YDF

9. CHOPPER

Wow. Wow. Wow. Hot!!

When you drop a drum putting it into the case!!

10. Formerly 'BRX rad'

Quote Originally Posted by Labambawarrior View Post
    Amazing, amazing, AMAZING!!!!! Congrats on your new kit, and thank you for sharing your Masterworks journey with us. Your kit is one of my favorites on the forum!
    Thanks so much!

11. Formerly 'BRX rad'

Quote Originally Posted by big daddy cool View Post
    Wow. Wow. Wow. Hot!!
    Thanks big daddy! Can't wait to see your kit! When is it due to arrive?

12. Formerly 'BRX rad'

Quote Originally Posted by Tasty808 View Post
    Absolutely stunning! Great cymbal selection too.
    Thanks!