Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
  1. Formerly 'BRX rad'

And here is a track from that demo that just got finished. It is a cover of Randy Houser’s “How Country Feels”. Setup is listed in the post above. Wasn’t the whole kit being recorded, but for this genre and song selection the smaller setup worked just fine. Still doing the home recording thing. Everything was tracked and mixed in my basement (block walls and concrete floor), then sent off to be mastered. Happy with the results.

https://soundcloud.com/user-666780784/how-country-feels

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MWRushR40 View Post
    Just saw this now. I had to dig a little for the last recording I did with these. According to Soundcloud, I uploaded this over a year ago. At that time I believe I had the kit setup as a 4 piece for a recording session. It's titled "Mic Check" so I'm assuming I was doing just that prior to tracking drums for a demo my band was doing at the time. The setup would have been 12 16 22. Snare would have been my Oriollo bell bronze.

https://soundcloud.com/ccmdrummer08/mic-check-1
    I like it! And the blue sparkle MW, canít wait to see the red drums!

3. Masterworks / Sabian

And here is a track from that demo that just got finished. It is a cover of Randy Houser’s “How Country Feels”. Setup is listed in the post above. Wasn’t the whole kit being recorded, but for this genre and song selection the smaller setup worked just fine. Still doing the home recording thing. Everything was tracked and mixed in my basement (block walls and concrete floor), then sent off to be mastered. Happy with the results.

https://soundcloud.com/user-666780784/how-country-feels
    Sounds really good. What mics did you use?

4. Formerly 'BRX rad'

Quote Originally Posted by DrumandFly View Post
    Sounds really good. What mics did you use?
    Audix D2 on rack, Audix D6 on floor, Shure Beta 52A inside kick, Audix i5 on snare top, Audio Technica AT202 overheads, Audio Technica Pro 37 on hats.

5. Masterworks / Sabian

Audix D2 on rack, Audix D6 on floor, Shure Beta 52A inside kick, Audix i5 on snare top, Audio Technica AT202 overheads, Audio Technica Pro 37 on hats.
    Nice.. How do you like the AT202s?

6. Formerly 'BRX rad'

Nice.. How do you like the AT202s?
    They're fine for an entry-level LDC. I've had them probably going on ten years now, although I wouldn't mind eventually upgrading.

7. Masterworks / Sabian

They're fine for an entry-level LDC. I've had them probably going on ten years now, although I wouldn't mind eventually upgrading.
    Todd Sucherman swears by the Audix SCX25. I was fortunate to chat with him for about 15 minutes before a Masterclass he put on. What a class act he is.

8. Formerly 'BRX rad'

Todd Sucherman swears by the Audix SCX25. I was fortunate to chat with him for about 15 minutes before a Masterclass he put on. What a class act he is.
    Yes, those are quite nice. But perhaps not upgrading to that extent, price-wise

9. a.k.a. YtseJam

I have to agree about those. They're certainly a bit too pricey for me, but I played a show with my full set a few years ago which was recorded on multitrack and the club had a pair of those for overheads. To this day, the two tracks from those mics are the best recording of my cymbals I have ever heard - crispness, separation, body, everything.

Some day I'll get a pair for sure.

10. HA HA HA HA HA HAAAA

Just saw this now. I had to dig a little for the last recording I did with these. According to Soundcloud, I uploaded this over a year ago. At that time I believe I had the kit setup as a 4 piece for a recording session. It's titled "Mic Check" so I'm assuming I was doing just that prior to tracking drums for a demo my band was doing at the time. The setup would have been 12 16 22. Snare would have been my Oriollo bell bronze.

https://soundcloud.com/ccmdrummer08/mic-check-1
    Just stumbled back in here - thanks for sharing!
    My mother always tells me to smile and put on a happy face.