Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Pop the Trunk

1. Experienced Noob

You know, the OP just posted his link & disappeared.

I think you all got rick rolled.

2. At the copa.....copacabana

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    I was trying to think, when was that you were at my home?
    I was in New York 5 years ago mate. We didn't manage to meet up bud.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwdrummer1991 View Post
    And I don't care if you don't like my drumming. I challenge anyone on this forum to a drum-off right now! I have played so long and studied so many different genres of music that I am absolutely proficient with pretty much anything I choose to do.

3. old dog, new tricks

Quote Originally Posted by AL PERCIVAL View Post
    Space Jeff - I'm an administrator on the PDF, but I didn't ban you. I haven't banned anyone in years. I pretty much update product and answer Pearl questions and just generally try to be helpful. That's pretty much it.

Yes, my wife says the same thing as you..... that I have bad taste in music......... but then again she listens to Michael Bubble and Josh Groban.
    Al, I was in a snarky mood yesterday and I apologize for my comments.
    “You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” - Harlan Ellison

link below for my kit build thread

https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/s...t-build-thread

4. Registered User

You know, I think I was as nice as could be when a self-centered POS jumped on a fellow headbanger's post.... I am not worried at all about what he/she can do self defensewise, just wanted to state everyone has different tastes, no reason to attack another over what you might like or dislike... You snip at me cuz you don't know me, I understand... your incompetence is your strong suit.... You go after Al... One of the most helpful people on the PDF, you show how much you should take a look at how you attack anyone that does not agree with you... Look at your visitor notes.... so much negativity... Take a look at how you come across to others, rather that be defensive... Take it easy and make friends, not enemies.....

Funny... I can fix my spelling... Have a great weekend Jeff....
    Last edited by MIKE_E_MIKE; 10-30-2015 at 09:43 AM.
    Drums--MCX Lime Sparkle Fade--6X12,15,18,21 rocket toms, 8X7,10X8, 12X9, 13X10, 14X12, 14X14 FT, (2X) 16X16 FT, 18X16FT, 14 X 20 Gong drum (2X) 22X18BD, 14X6.5,14 X 6.5 Eric Singer Snare--Cymbals-Sabian HHX & AAX

5. old dog, new tricks

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE_E_MIKE View Post
    your incompidance is your strong suit....
    spelling isn't your strong suit.

Who are you? Why do you feel the need to keep coming at me? I apologized, but somehow that's not good enough for you and you want to kick a dead horse.

So you know what? I say again, SHUT UP. Better yet, welcome to the ignore list, *******.
    “You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” - Harlan Ellison

6. Let's Go Flyers

Quote Originally Posted by space jeff View Post
    spelling isn't your strong suit. Who are you? Why do you feel the need to keep coming at me? I apologized, but somehow that's not good enough for you and you want to kick a dead horse. So you know what? I say again, SHUT UP. Better yet, welcome to the ignore list, *******.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Pearl Free Floating 14x6.5 Phosphor Bronze Snare
    Pearl SSC- #113Sheer Blue- 24/12/13/16
    Xbox Live: hartzdrumz - Instagram: heandartleyy

7. Pearl Corporation USA

Quote Originally Posted by space jeff View Post
    Al, I was in a snarky mood yesterday and I apologize for my comments.
    We're all good - no worries Jeff.

KISS uses Gibson Guitars and PEARL Drums because They Want The Best!

PEARL | ZILDJIAN | REMO

8. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Hunk-a-hunk-a-burning-love View Post
    I was in New York 5 years ago mate. We didn't manage to meet up bud.
    That's right. With everyone using fake names it's hard to keep track. A guy named Geir came over when I lived in this really small place. I remember him being disappointed the acrylic wasn't set up, only my wood kit. I forget his PDF stage name.

9. Swollen Member

Quote Originally Posted by AL PERCIVAL View Post
    I must be the odd man out.......... I actually like what he did with it. His playing was tasteful IMHO and I liked his licks starting at the 2:49 mark and the drum recording sounded good.

I'm a 80's metal head but I liked it. Good Job!
    You're not. That's a good song and good playing. Yelawolf is fantastic. People who don't like it probably just don't like any hip hop. Their loss.

This forum is hilarious. Why would you post something like this if it wasn't to get feedback? This isn't directed toward the OP, but to the concern trolls attacking space jeff. Harsh feedback is a reality in the music world and anyone involved better learn how to deal with it. Look, space jeff is wrong but it doesn't mean he shouldn't be able to say other people have terrible taste in music, especially considering he most likely has terrible taste in music himself.

10. Experienced Noob

Quote Originally Posted by dubsnack View Post
    Look, space jeff is wrong but it doesn't mean he shouldn't be able to say other people have terrible taste in music, especially considering he most likely has terrible taste in music himself.
    That is the funniest thing I've read on here in a while, intentional or not. Thanks for brightening my day.

11. old dog, new tricks

Quote Originally Posted by dubsnack View Post
    Look, space jeff is wrong but it doesn't mean he shouldn't be able to say other people have terrible taste in music, especially considering he most likely has terrible taste in music himself.
    hey, I think my taste in music is top shelf, but I'm willing to admit the possibility.

However, it would have to come from someone whose opinion I trust and respect. And on that note, I've been told by people whose opinions I trust and respect that I have excellent taste in music.

12. Swollen Member

The thing that makes music so awesome is that we are drawn to it for reasons we can't really explain. It's not a coincidence that the word 'taste' is used to describe our preferences. If it tastes good, it tastes good. If you feel it, you feel it and it's good. If you don't feel it, it's bad. It's really that simple.

I'm obviously a bit being tongue-in-cheek about all this, but I don't see anything wrong with saying music is terrible if that's how you feel. You could be polite and saying something like, "I don't care for it," but F that. We're all musicians because we have a visceral and passionate response to music. We should embrace it and not go around trying to make everyone feel good all the time.