Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Pop the Trunk

1. old dog, new tricks

Quote Originally Posted by AL PERCIVAL View Post
    I must be the odd man out.......... I actually like what he did with it. His playing was tasteful IMHO and I liked his licks starting at the 2:49 mark and the drum recording sounded good.

I'm a 80's metal head but I liked it. Good Job!
    have you ever considered that you have bad taste?

Also, thanks to you or whoever banned me for no reason. An explanation would be appreciated especially since I don't see any posts of mine having been removed.
    “You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” - Harlan Ellison

link below for my kit build thread

https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/s...t-build-thread

2. There really is a Kalamazoo!

Good ol space Jeff, loves to give his opinion in the most socially awkward ways possible.
    I own or have owned drums and cymbals made by every major manufacturer. My go-to kit is a DW Collectors series set.

3. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by wsgnst View Post
    Good ol space Jeff, loves to give his opinion in the most socially awkward ways possible.
    Refer to Jeff's thread about his stave drum build. That should explain things a bit.
    Way Too Much Crap

4. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by space jeff View Post
    have you ever considered that you have bad taste?
    Wow, Jeff. I'm a regular that's been very supportive of you though you've hit a lot of walls here on the PDF, but I think you have crossed the line here. There are ways to say things and to talk down to someone as nice as Al is on here & in person has no purpose.

Take a few deep breaths.

5. There really is a Kalamazoo!

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Refer to Jeff's thread about his stave drum build. That should explain things a bit.
    Yup.
    I own or have owned drums and cymbals made by every major manufacturer. My go-to kit is a DW Collectors series set.

6. old dog, new tricks

Quote Originally Posted by wsgnst View Post
    and you love to come out of the woodwork and point out my faults, every time.

Bravo sir.
    “You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” - Harlan Ellison

7. old dog, new tricks

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    Wow, Jeff. I'm a regular that's been very supportive of you though you've hit a lot of walls here on the PDF, but I think you have crossed the line here. There are ways to say things and to talk down to someone as nice as Al is on here & in person has no purpose.

Take a few deep breaths.
    Why? I didn't mean it as an insult. I am fully willing to admit I have terrible taste when it comes to fashion and really have no idea how to dress myself in a sharp manner. Many people have terrible taste in movies, music, books, etc. Admitting it isn't a weakness.

8. There really is a Kalamazoo!

Quote Originally Posted by space jeff View Post
    and you love to come out of the woodwork and point out my faults, every time. Bravo sir.
    Think of it as a reminder to criticize others honestly, yet tactfully.

It can mean the difference between someone taking your opinion seriously, or dismissing you as a tool.
    Last edited by wsgnst; 10-28-2015 at 06:04 PM.

9. At the copa.....copacabana

For me it's not what you say, but how you say it. Criticism is fine and I'd say in 99% of cases it will be taken on board. But it all depends on how said criticism comes across. Big King nailed it.

As for the video. I think what you played fitted the tune pretty well for the most part. I couldn't warm to your highhat sound for some reason. But perhaps that's due to not wearing headphones.

Unfortunately I've never been a huge fan of the genre and due to that, I didn't like the tune.
    Last edited by Hunk-a-hunk-a-burning-love; 10-28-2015 at 06:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwdrummer1991 View Post
    And I don't care if you don't like my drumming. I challenge anyone on this forum to a drum-off right now! I have played so long and studied so many different genres of music that I am absolutely proficient with pretty much anything I choose to do.

10. At the copa.....copacabana

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    Wow, Jeff. I'm a regular that's been very supportive of you though you've hit a lot of walls here on the PDF, but I think you have crossed the line here. There are ways to say things and to talk down to someone as nice as Al is on here & in person has no purpose. Take a few deep breaths.
    This.

Jeff mate a good few of us know how hard a time you've had of it lately mental health wise and I think a good few people have given you some significant leeway over it.

But there's no need to attack others mate. If someone came into your kit build thread and took a dump all over it, you'd not be too happy.

Step away from the screen and go chill mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwdrummer1991 View Post
    And I don't care if you don't like my drumming. I challenge anyone on this forum to a drum-off right now! I have played so long and studied so many different genres of music that I am absolutely proficient with pretty much anything I choose to do.

11. Registered User

It's a taste. It's an opinion. It's an idea. Some like chicken, some like fish. To say someone had poor taste in music or fashion is just ones opinion. Each has a mind of their own to do with as they choose. It's incredibly small minded to think if you like something, everyone should like it too. If you hate something, anyone who likes it must be a fool. All like chicken, all like fish, this is a very dangerous wish.

12. Let's Go Flyers

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Pearl Free Floating 14x6.5 Phosphor Bronze Snare
    Pearl SSC- #113Sheer Blue- 24/12/13/16
    Xbox Live: hartzdrumz - Instagram: heandartleyy