Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Registered User

Default back in to the drumming seen after 35 years

turning 50 in a month or so , a few months ago bought a used set of smokey chrome forum series kit, Last time i played i was 15, i sucked at it then and i am still not so good, but i'am trying, mostly you tube lessons,starting with the simple stuff, any tips for my new found passion, i only practice 2-3 times a week as time permits, i remember why i loved to play 35 years ago, it's a rush.
    any tips, let me in on em, Gotta feeling there will be no bands calling me any time soon
    good times and i love this forum, good stuff
    Thanks for listening
    Curt

2. There can be only 1

Find a teacher & take lessons, they will keep you on the right path.

Welcome back to drumming!!!

3. Registered User

You can pick up some good pointers on YouTube. Have fun doing it is always good. If your enjoying yourself that's a great start. I enjoyed reading you're story & welcome back to drumming from me too!

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by FL Drummer View Post

YES +1000. Find a teacher. Youtube lessons give you no feedback. As a teacher of a 1/4 century experience and a professional player of 33 years please allow me to say there is no substitute for an experienced teacher. You are almost 50. Obviously you can afford it.

Good luck and choose the wise path.
    Check out my incomplete snare drum collection thread. I like it and think it is quite charming. :)

http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...e-drum-per-day

5. Registered User

Welcome back. I took a 16 year layoff, even though drumming was always in my blood. I've been self-taught since my return to drumming in 2003. I've become a pretty competent weekend warrior/bar band-level player but if you have bigger ambitions, I'll echo what others have said about finding a good teacher.
    Guru Tour padauk segmented 12, 16, 22, 7x14
    Tama Star walnut kit in Japenese sen indigo burst 10, 12, 16, 22, 6.5x14
    Tama Starclassic Bubinga Select (marbled green metallic) 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22, 5x14
    Tama Starclassic maple (Caribbean blue fade) 13, 16, 24, 6.5x14
    Sonor Pro Lite 13, 16, 22

6. Mountain Man

Quote Originally Posted by FL Drummer View Post

Maybe...there are a lot of hacks out there that'll take your $$$$. I think everything a drummer needs anymore is on youtube, including great tutorials on how to hold a stick etc. Congrats on getting back into it after all those years! I feel as if I didn't have a 10 year break in drumming I might be half way decent now!
    Mapex Saturn V in deep water ash burl: https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/a...p?albumid=1218

7. Registered User

Appreciate all the suggestions form all of ya, i live out in the country and i may have a hard time getting lessons, not many farmers play drums, iam having a great time with the kit, but i have a long way to go, but iam getting there, there is some good stuff on you tube, any one have any suggestions on who gives some good lessons on you tube, keep it simple
    Thanks again

8. Spirit WARS inside..

Good for you man!! stay with it and enjoy! True..lots of good tips and stuff on the tube!
    MAPEX l PEARL l SABIAN

BOOM DA DA BAP DA BOOM BOOM DA BAP
    CDA MEMBER since 2006