Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. What's in YOUR stickbag?

Default Pearl CRB test with Masshoff tuning on CRB Snare

So I finally got the snare for the CRB kit, and loving it...although I'm searching for the right head for it (I usually use Evans HD Dry, but I wantted a clear-ish head). Anywho, here is a quick vid so you can hear the kit with just the GoPro camera audio...the playing is not to impress (and it won't). I used the Masshoff tuning technique on the snare and go through a couple of changes throughout the vid.

https://youtu.be/2JYas5HRX-w

2. Experienced Noob

Cool video. Your playing was not bad at all. My favorite tone was in the part from about 1:56 - 2:36. I'm not a big fan of that head on that drum, though. I think you'd get even better sounds with a different head. Regardless, that was a great demonstration of changing your tone on the fly with that method.

3. What's in YOUR stickbag?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Foreman View Post
    Cool video. Your playing was not bad at all. My favorite tone was in the part from about 1:56 - 2:36. I'm not a big fan of that head on that drum, though. I think you'd get even better sounds with a different head. Regardless, that was a great demonstration of changing your tone on the fly with that method.
    Thanks....To be honest, I am not a fan of that head on ANY snare drum, but I wanted to go with a clear or translucent head to go with the clear drums. I tried a clear EC2, but it was just way too "pingy," so I opted for the EC Reverse Dot. I'm sure I'm going to end up with a coated HD or HD Dry, as I always do.