Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 43 of 90 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast
  1. Rogue Ex-Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Hunk-a-hunk-a-burning-love View Post
    David as an actual Scottish person, I'm rather offended by the cultural stereotype there.
    Sorry man, that's what they've always attributed it to.
    My One-Of-A-Kind Masters Premium BRP in #197: http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...d.php?t=216550

Pearl - Ludwig - Zildjian - Sabian - Remo - Evans - Vic Firth

2. At the copa.....copacabana

Quote Originally Posted by keaton_86 View Post
    If you were American I'd think you're being serious.
    Let's be fair here. It's a cultural stereotype.

One which isn't the case either.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwdrummer1991 View Post
    And I don't care if you don't like my drumming. I challenge anyone on this forum to a drum-off right now! I have played so long and studied so many different genres of music that I am absolutely proficient with pretty much anything I choose to do.

3. At the copa.....copacabana

Quote Originally Posted by David Hollywood View Post
    Sorry man, that's what they've always attributed it to.
    It's cool. But it's up there with all Irishmen being drunks and all scouters bring thieves.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwdrummer1991 View Post
    And I don't care if you don't like my drumming. I challenge anyone on this forum to a drum-off right now! I have played so long and studied so many different genres of music that I am absolutely proficient with pretty much anything I choose to do.

4. old dog, new tricks

hey, I just put the dog team away after a two-day trip to the nearest village to trade skins for lamp oil.
    It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.

link below for my kit build thread

https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/s...t-build-thread

5. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by space jeff View Post
    hey, I just put the dog team away after a two-day trip to the nearest village to trade skins for lamp oil.
    You Highlander, you!
    Way Too Much Crap

6. PDF 8a5h1ng T3am C4p

Already? You BC guys have it easy.

Although it sounds like your economy is taking a downturn; a jigger and a pony of whale oil will get you a nice hockey stick out here.

7. Is this Illidan?

Quote Originally Posted by Feenix View Post
    Already? You BC guys have it easy.

Although it sounds like your economy is taking a downturn; a jigger and a pony of whale oil will get you a nice hockey stick out here.
    I had the sled in early as well. Mid-February which is crazy. I was getting a lot of worried-pup looks. I saved a lot on pelts this year though, I managed to get it down to around 100 beaver pelts to keep warm this year versus my usual 300. Lamp oil use did go down and I managed to barter a hockey stick down to a beaver tail and 6 cans of maple syrup.

8. Rogue Ex-Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Hunk-a-hunk-a-burning-love View Post
    It's cool. But it's up there with all Irishmen being drunks and all scouters bring thieves.
    I apologize for offending you. I wasn't trying to offend anyone.
    My One-Of-A-Kind Masters Premium BRP in #197: http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...d.php?t=216550

Pearl - Ludwig - Zildjian - Sabian - Remo - Evans - Vic Firth

9. Drumming Since 1943

I have no idea what any of you Canadians are talking about. I don't speak Canadese. All I know is "oot", "aboot" and "eh?".
    Way Too Much Crap

10. old dog, new tricks

Quote Originally Posted by Gord The Drummer View Post
    I had the sled in early as well. Mid-February which is crazy. I was getting a lot of worried-pup looks. I saved a lot on pelts this year though, I managed to get it down to around 100 beaver pelts to keep warm this year versus my usual 300. Lamp oil use did go down and I managed to barter a hockey stick down to a beaver tail and 6 cans of maple syrup.
    boy howdy... you did well this season. I broke a runner and had to spend the night trudging through the slog with the wolves at my heels the whole way. I lost two dogs but did manage to collect one o' them wolves which will make a beautiful pelt. My man at the post wanted bear grease and I didn't have none so I had to let go my whiskey and pocket watch but I got rifle shells and an elk horn knife.

Can't complain.

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    I have no idea what any of you Canadians are talking about. I don't speak Canadese. All I know is "oot", "aboot" and "eh?".
    All I know 'boot you fellas from New Jersey is that you all look the same with yer spikey hair, spray tans and rope chains. Do you all have the same parents or somethin'?
    It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.

link below for my kit build thread

https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/s...t-build-thread

11. PDF 8a5h1ng T3am C4p

Well ain't this the cat's a**! This thread's taken a mighty alright turn, eh?

Had to sell the dog team to buy up a second cord of timber once that howlin' ice rolled through, but I saddle-bagged my caribou in the mean time. I think she's gone and taken ill though, probably picked up the swamp-rot from that muskeg bog not two fortnights past. I don't know how I'll peel off to work if so; the calf isn't hip-high over the snowbank yet, not that the saddle would sit straight likewise anywho.

City goin' just isn't all right, y'know?

12. Drumming Since 1943

boy howdy... you did well this season. I broke a runner and had to spend the night trudging through the slog with the wolves at my heels the whole way. I lost two dogs but did manage to collect one o' them wolves which will make a beautiful pelt. My man at the post wanted bear grease and I didn't have none so I had to let go my whiskey and pocket watch but I got rifle shells and an elk horn knife.

Can't complain.

All I know 'boot you fellas from New Jersey is that you all look the same with yer spikey hair, spray tans and rope chains. Do you all have the same parents or somethin'?
    Oh man! Yep! That's me all the way! lol

"How YOU doin'?"
    Way Too Much Crap