Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 42 of 90 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
  1. Rogue Ex-Mod

Quote Originally Posted by keaton_86 View Post
    And people wonder why this forum is dying...
    I'm sorry, do you hate that we're having fun or do you also not know how to wear a hat correctly?

It's Jeff's thread and he introduced the topic of face punching due to inappropriate hat usage so we're just joining in...
    My One-Of-A-Kind Masters Premium BRP in #197: http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...d.php?t=216550

Pearl - Ludwig - Zildjian - Sabian - Remo - Evans - Vic Firth

2. Starclassic Guy

Saw this in my Facebook feed. Thought you guys might like it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/al...p?albumid=1153 <---- My Drums

Formerly TreCoolFool

3. old dog, new tricks

I do. I do like it.

When it was 'cool' to wear your hat sideways, I used to ask "hey, do you know your hat is sideways?"

When they responded yes, I would say "Oh, I just wasn't sure you wanted to look like an idiot on purpose."

It got laughs from surrounding onlookers and the odd guy would act pissy but that's all.
    It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.

link below for my kit build thread

https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/s...t-build-thread

4. kottonmouth king

Quote Originally Posted by space jeff View Post
    Bass Brain! How's my rack holding up?
    No regrets on that purchase Jeff, the rack is everything I'll ever need

"Smudge got her stitches out and so had to have a collar attached tofday." -Maark

5. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by TreCoolFool View Post
    Saw this in my Facebook feed. Thought you guys might like it.
    F***ing THIS. If there is one thing that's come out of hip-hop culture (not all bad, btw) that makes me want to punch a puppy, it's the flat brim on a BB cap. Drives me bat***** insane.
    Way Too Much Crap

6. Rogue Ex-Mod

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    F***ing THIS. If there is one thing that's come out of hip-hop culture (not all bad, btw) that makes me want to punch a puppy, it's the flat brim on a BB cap. Drives me bat***** insane.
    It's not just that it looks ridiculous, it doesn't make any functional sense! You end up with little gaps where the edge of the brim meets the hat because your head isn't square and flat, it's curved! Now I'm going to retell my favorite hat story that I've told before...

About 10 years ago I went to an official hat store in our local mall to get a new Bears hat. About 90% of the hats were the "59Fifty" style aka flat brim style which isn't all bad, I actually have Pirates had in that style and once you bend the brim to fit your head they're ok, but I wanted a regular style hat at that time. I was able to find a regular style Bears hat with the classic logo so I went with that. I get up to the counter and the hat store guy is wearing a flat brim hat with the brim unbent and the hat cocked to the side. I resist the urge to make comments and just put my regular hat on the counter. We had the following conversation:

Flat Brim Hat Guy: We have the other style if you were looking for that...
    Me: Um, no. This is what I want. I like normal hats.
    FBHG: *frowns* Ok, well did you want to get any waterproofing spray?
    Me: Um, no. Just the hat.
    FBHG: Did you need any hat conditioner?
    Me: Um... no? I didn't realize hats needed conditioner. Just the hat please.
    FBHG: Ok so just this hat?
    Me: Yes, I just need a hat to wear for fun and to keep the sun out of my eyes. I don't wear hats competitively.

My One-Of-A-Kind Masters Premium BRP in #197: http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...d.php?t=216550

7. Rogue Ex-Mod

Not to mention most of the real MCs from back in the day DID bend their hat brims...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

8. old dog, new tricks

Chuck D is the only rapper that matters and his hats were correct.
    It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.

link below for my kit build thread

https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/s...t-build-thread

9. Drumming Since 1943

That's because Chuck, Kool Moe Dee, et al CAME CORRECT.
    Way Too Much Crap

10. Rogue Ex-Mod

You know, I don't totally disagree with that. I think there are other MCs that matter, but none as much as Chuck.

11. At the copa.....copacabana

Quote Originally Posted by David Hollywood View Post
    You know, none that I know of. But he LOVES getting in fights so he wouldn't mind. Must be the Scottish heritage, his dad and uncle are the same way. A guy he was making fun of almost got an epic beating one time. We were at my best friend's wedding and we were all hanging out outside so the smokers could smoke. A guy was out there with a flat brim hat and Miah did his usual "Dude, you're hat is broken! What's wrong with your hat?" and the guy stood up and flicked his cigarette ash at him and like 7 of us stood up in unison and the guy realized we were all together and sat back down. In a way I felt bad because Miah was being a jerk but at the same time, wear your hat correctly! LOL

David as an actual Scottish person, I'm rather offended by the cultural stereotype there.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwdrummer1991 View Post
    And I don't care if you don't like my drumming. I challenge anyone on this forum to a drum-off right now! I have played so long and studied so many different genres of music that I am absolutely proficient with pretty much anything I choose to do.

12. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Hunk-a-hunk-a-burning-love View Post
    David as an actual Scottish person, I'm rather offended by the cultural stereotype there.
    If you were American I'd think you're being serious.